Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:27
I do not find that interview newsworthy; a bit surprised it's blowing up this thread.
Looking at it, when he talks the entire interview about the players and coaches and how the locker room is great and the people around him are great and then in the next breath takes a question about loving being a Green Bay Packer as solely meaning management, then ya, I would say that is noteworthy.

Then if you go with the assumption that it was scripted, that to me is even worse. Trying to play games in/with the media at this point in the season when we are atop the NFC... Personally that doesn't sit well with me at all.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:44
Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:25
The future wasn't the topic of the question...
of course it was, why do you always have to be so contrite? of course he loves the freaking GB Packers, there is a difference between who is running the team versus simply the team, and anyone that doesn't think he loves this team has a screw lose, quit playing word games.
First, may want to look up the definition of contrite...

Second, this was almost verbatim the question: "So you love being a Green Bay Packer right now?" That is not a question about his future.

Third, I am not sure how defining the words, "right now" as the present and not the future, is playing word games...
you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see that Rodgers is loving being a Packer right now, the FO has caved to his demands, he has more input, and he's having a fantastic season, again it was a question that put Rodgers on a spot, and he didn't want to answer it, sure I expected a yes answer, but then I didn't expect a lot of what Rodgers has done the last few years.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:48
YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:27
I do not find that interview newsworthy; a bit surprised it's blowing up this thread.
Looking at it, when he talks the entire interview about the players and coaches and how the locker room is great and the people around him are great and then in the next breath takes a question about loving being a Green Bay Packer as solely meaning management, then ya, I would say that is noteworthy.

Then if you go with the assumption that it was scripted, that to me is even worse. Trying to play games in/with the media at this point in the season when we are atop the NFC... Personally that doesn't sit well with me at all.
Well thats Aaron Rodgers for ya. You deal with that stuff because of his great play. If he wasnt so good, you would look to draft his replacement and ship him off somewhere.

Oh wait.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2021 10:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2021 09:34

of course it was, why do you always have to be so contrite? of course he loves the freaking GB Packers, there is a difference between who is running the team versus simply the team, and anyone that doesn't think he loves this team has a screw lose, quit playing word games.

Second, this was almost verbatim the question: "So you love being a Green Bay Packer right now?" That is not a question about his future.

Third, I am not sure how defining the words, "right now" as the present and not the future, is playing word games...
you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see that Rodgers is loving being a Packer right now, the FO has caved to his demands, he has more input, and he's having a fantastic season, again it was a question that put Rodgers on a spot, and he didn't want to answer it, sure I expected a yes answer, but then I didn't expect a lot of what Rodgers has done the last few years.
WTF are you even talking about RIGHT NOW (present, not future)... I didn't claim that Rodgers is or is not loving being a Green Bay Packer RIGHT NOW... I was addressing the assertion that the singular question was about his future... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 10:04
Yoop wrote:
17 Dec 2021 10:02
Pckfn23 wrote:

WTF are you even talking about RIGHT NOW (present, not future)... I didn't claim that Rodgers is or is not loving being a Green Bay Packer RIGHT NOW... I was addressing the assertion that the singular question was about his future... :roll:
so then you don't think Rodgers is in love with being a GB Packer right now? you actually need him to tell you that, you can't see that? did you over look my comment about deaf, dumb and blind? come on, there is no need for us to be even having this convo, we both know that Rodgers is having a good time being a Packer, all this drama over his saying it or not is childish.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I didn't even talk about whether Rodgers was or was not loving being a Green Bay Packer... :roll:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I guess what I mean is that a vague unknown going into the interview remained a vague unknown coming out. His comments changed nothing; hence me saying it didn't feel newsworthy--the key part of that word being "new"

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:19
I guess what I mean is that a vague unknown going into the interview remained a vague unknown coming out. His comments changed nothing; hence me saying it didn't feel newsworthy--the key part of that word being "new"
I think it became a little more than a vague unknown. For a guy that can play media games, see "immunized," he sure as heck could have crafted a better answer than what he gave, if he wanted to. It opens the door to more speculation at a time when the focus should be the NFC leading Green Bay Packers. That's the part that irks me.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:28
YoHoChecko wrote:
I think it became a little more than a vague unknown. For a guy that can play media games, see "immunized," he sure as heck could have crafted a better answer than what he gave, if he wanted to. It opens the door to more speculation at a time when the focus should be the NFC leading Green Bay Packers. That's the part that irks me.
He didn't say anything that moved the needle in terms of future or present intentions yet here is all this speculation based upon what he didn't say. :dunno:

It's just kinda weird if you asked me.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
He didn't say anything that moved the needle in terms of future or present intentions yet here is all this speculation based upon what he didn't say. :dunno:

I didn't say it moved the needle either way. I didn't even speculate myself on how it affect or did not affect his future status with the team. I said it opened the door for more speculation, which irks me. I hate taken the focus off the team right now, however little one may think it did.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:43
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I didn't say it moved the needle either way. I didn't even speculate myself on how it affect or did not affect his future status with the team. I said it opened the door for more speculation, which irks me. I hate taken the focus off the team right now, however little one may think it did.
What speculation are you even talking about then? Has there been some kind of bump in conversation about his future that I missed? The door has been opened...to what exactly?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:

What speculation are you even talking about then? Has there been some kind of bump in conversation about his future that I missed? The door has been opened...to what exactly?
The door has been opened to more "Rodgers Future" or "Rodgers still disgruntled" talk. That pause and answer has led to an uptick in Rodgers v. Management chatter. Something that irks me because of the timing.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Nothingburger

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 11:53
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

The door has been opened to more "Rodgers Future" or "Rodgers still disgruntled" talk. That pause and answer has led to an uptick in Rodgers v. Management chatter. Something that irks me because of the timing.
Well, I guess I've been enjoying the recapture of conference front-runner status and news of the imminent return of 3 All-Pro players to get too wrapped up in some Rodgers non-statement statement. :idn:

#enjoyingtheride
#youshouldtoo

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
17 Dec 2021 12:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:

Well, I guess I've been enjoying the recapture of conference front-runner status and news of the imminent return of 3 All-Pro players to get too wrapped up in some Rodgers non-statement statement. :idn:

#enjoyingtheride
#youshouldtoo
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I don't care what Rodgers says or doesn't say, as long as it doesn't make waves in our awesome season. This last interview made some ripples. Ripples are a distraction from the ride I am enjoying. I don't like distractions.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 13:03
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

#enjoyingtheride
#youshouldtoo
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I don't care what Rodgers says or doesn't say, as long as it doesn't make waves in our awesome season. This last interview made some ripples. Ripples are a distraction from the ride I am enjoying. I don't like distractions.
He does an interview with Pat everyweek on Pats show at 2pm.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Dec 2021 13:03
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

#enjoyingtheride
#youshouldtoo
I suspect you are reading more into that than a lot of us are. We can't read his mind. He has always been coy in interviews and doesn't like to show his hand. Like I said before - watch what he does and not what he says.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I didn't watch the interview, but based on his response of being coy, I would be led to believe his chances of being a Packer is still very slim. The only real way he is a Packer after this season is if Rodgers really wants to be. So much that he would have to put his money where his mouth is by signing an extension to defer 2022 cap down the road.

But this will also require Rodgers to take a significant pay cut in current money so the prior year cap hits can catch up. I just don't see him being that type of person like Brady who is willing to earn average $20 million per year when he can earn $30 to $40 million.

The opportunity for Rodgers being traded to a team while being paid good money and having a realistic window through buying FA's for 2 - 3 years is there. So really Rodgers has to decide if he wants to be a winner in GB getting paid less with more reliance on current up and coming stars and future draft picks compared to new FA signings or be a winner elsewhere with lots of vet signings and being paid lots of money.

My guess is he takes the latter.

As far as I am concerned, management of the Packers have shown they have done everything possible to expound on Rodgers's window. They deferred cap. They traded for players. They signed FA's. They drafted well. They put together great coaching staffs. They have defenses and running games to take off pressure. They built rosters with incredible depth to push past injuries or reliance on key player injuries. They are on pace to potentially have 3 3-loss seasons in a row with a bye week in the playoffs each season. I commend the Packers for what they have done. They have literally done everything anyone could hope for.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
18 Dec 2021 10:43
I didn't watch the interview, but based on his response of being coy, I would be led to believe his chances of being a Packer is still very slim. The only real way he is a Packer after this season is if Rodgers really wants to be. So much that he would have to put his money where his mouth is by signing an extension to defer 2022 cap down the road.

But this will also require Rodgers to take a significant pay cut in current money so the prior year cap hits can catch up. I just don't see him being that type of person like Brady who is willing to earn average $20 million per year when he can earn $30 to $40 million.

The opportunity for Rodgers being traded to a team while being paid good money and having a realistic window through buying FA's for 2 - 3 years is there. So really Rodgers has to decide if he wants to be a winner in GB getting paid less with more reliance on current up and coming stars and future draft picks compared to new FA signings or be a winner elsewhere with lots of vet signings and being paid lots of money.

My guess is he takes the latter.

As far as I am concerned, management of the Packers have shown they have done everything possible to expound on Rodgers's window. They deferred cap. They traded for players. They signed FA's. They drafted well. They put together great coaching staffs. They have defenses and running games to take off pressure. They built rosters with incredible depth to push past injuries or reliance on key player injuries. They are on pace to potentially have 3 3-loss seasons in a row with a bye week in the playoffs each season. I commend the Packers for what they have done. They have literally done everything anyone could hope for.
:aok: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

anyone that doesn't think Rodgers loves hisw team mates or simply being a GB Packer, must over look comments like this.

"I knew right away and I was like ‘Did we break the record or did I tie it?’ ” Valdes-Scantling said. “That’s just a crazy accomplishment and I definitely kept that football. That one’s not going anywhere. If it was broken, I would have gave it to him, but that one’s mine and I think that's just a great accomplishment for him and I just love that I'm a part of it.”

Rodgers is OK with that, because for the quarterback on the fast track to yet another record, the moment was more about his receiver than anything. He’ll likely break the franchise touchdown record at home on Saturday against the Cleveland Browns. But Sunday in Baltimore was all about Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

“When I got the snap, all I was thinking was 'I hope Marquez wins’ and he ran a great route, made a great hands catch,” Rodgers said. “I love my teammates, I really do, I care about them so much. I care about redemption stories as much as anything for those guys and a lot of them happen week to week.

“Marquez is a special human being. He really has a great personality. I could feel that confidence-wise he’s been a little up and down so to have him come out tonight and play the way he played and catch the record-tying touchdown, I feel like was very apropos of football and the beauty and redemption stories that happen every single week, so really happy for Marquez.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/n ... 962256002/