Packers at Ravens GDT: Sunday, December 19, 2021; 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2021 19:17
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 19:00
go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:50
Jimmie Johnson saying the Packers defense has gotten better as the season has gone on....just shows how little these national guys actually pay attention.
Im surprised you didnt expect a drop in quality without Kenny Clark
We stopped them once in the 2nd half. Once right before halftime where they had to hurry up and once on a bull crap false start call on 4th and 1.

Otherwise they got to 1st goal every drive today.

The defense was terrible.
Like i said, Im surprised you didnt expect to see a drop in quality without Kenny Clark.

I feel happy right now because we won, do you?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 19:25
go pak go wrote:
19 Dec 2021 19:17
Drj820 wrote:
19 Dec 2021 19:00

Im surprised you didnt expect a drop in quality without Kenny Clark
We stopped them once in the 2nd half. Once right before halftime where they had to hurry up and once on a bull crap false start call on 4th and 1.

Otherwise they got to 1st goal every drive today.

The defense was terrible.
Like i said, Im surprised you didnt expect to see a drop in quality without Kenny Clark.

I feel happy right now because we won, do you?
I'm very happy we won.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Is it me, or is it strangely quiet for a game in which the Packers clinched the playoffs and the division, on the road against a good team, for the 3rd year in a row, and a lot of other stuff to make this sentence longer?

MLF doing stuff coaches just don't do in this league in the SB era. 3 straight division wins, 3 straight seasons with at least 11 wins in his first 3 seasons.

Rodgers looking like MVP again. A defense, despite a few speed bumps, that can definitely help win us a Super Bowl. This is fun people. As Rodgers has been saying all year. Savor it. Appreciate it. Soak it all in.

If you haven't learned anything from everything that's happened over the last 2 years, learn that. Sorry, mini semi-drunken-rant over. Go Pack Go.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I wish I had the photoshop skillz some people have.
RIP JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

paco wrote:
19 Dec 2021 20:34
Is it me, or is it strangely quiet for a game in which the Packers clinched the playoffs and the division, on the road against a good team, for the 3rd year in a row, and a lot of other stuff to make this sentence longer?

MLF doing stuff coaches just don't do in this league in the SB era. 3 straight division wins, 3 straight seasons with at least 11 wins in his first 3 seasons.

Rodgers looking like MVP again. A defense, despite a few speed bumps, that can definitely help win us a Super Bowl. This is fun people. As Rodgers has been saying all year. Savor it. Appreciate it. Soak it all in.

If you haven't learned anything from everything that's happened over the last 2 years, learn that. Sorry, mini semi-drunken-rant over. Go Pack Go.
Amen to that Paco!
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

It wasnt pretty but they still got it done. D was bad most of the game but it was a touch matchup. We wont see another style like the ravens again. Also that Huntley kid will be a good QB. Hes better then at the least 10 NFL starters right now.

GB let off the gas and made fixable mistakes. Savage played his worst half ever and the D scheme wasnt good. Take the win and get ready for a home game

Go saints.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

News on Lazard injury?

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

wallyuwl wrote:
19 Dec 2021 22:02
News on Lazard injury?
He was back in the game shortly after it happened, so it looks like he's ok.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

In a league where the Lions knocked off the previously 10-3 Cardinals today....

...and in a league in which Tampa Bay is 10-2 against 30 NFL teams and 0-2 against the Saints.... while the Saints are 2-0 against the Bucs and 5-7 against the rest of the league....

... I'll take the disappointing 1-point road win against a team fighting for its division and playoff life in the face of injuries.

And I'll be happy to

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Dec 2021 22:20
In a league where the Lions knocked off the previously 10-3 Cardinals today....

...and in a league in which Tampa Bay is 10-2 against 30 NFL teams and 0-2 against the Saints.... while the Saints are 2-0 against the Bucs and 5-7 against the rest of the league....

... I'll take the disappointing 1-point road win against a team fighting for its division and playoff life in the face of injuries.

And I'll be happy to
Thrilled I am
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

TheSkeptic wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:34
Now we know how much Kenny Clark means to this team
Also, remember that come draft time. If there's a viable NT available...
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Nice win today. Some random thoughts:

I thought it was funny and sad that Kevin King was in the area of (and seemingly partially responsible for) some of Baltimore's clutch catches down the stretch. I had gotten used to him being irrelevant during games.

Special Teams coverage teams sucked again. Really should fire him. Although the onside kick worked out so :idn:

Defense will need to do a better job. I read someone mention Huntley being the latest mobile QB to torch us, but I have the feeling Joe Barry wouldn't agree with Dom's 2012 philosophy that we can treat mobile QBs like any other QB because it's just a fad (and then set a record for most QB rushing yards allowed in a playoff game ever).

We're the best team in the NFL but I don't want to play Tampa Bay. Or New Orleans for that matter. Hopefully SF or Dallas can knock out TB before we have to play them in the playoffs. Will be key to get that bye too.

I sort of had the thought that we might see Baltimore again. I know they're out of the playoffs right now but they were the #1 seed like 2 weeks ago. That conference is incredibly even at the top. Regardless, none of these AFC teams scare me. We almost beat KC with Brett Hundley 2.0

Really thought we did a nice job. This is a great team with players who are seemingly hungry and a solid coaching staff. None of that matters if we just lose in the NFCCG again (or before), but it's incredible how MLF keeps improving the team each year.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:

It's because we all know the results of the past decade and we know that having a really good regular season team doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

Not saying this isn't great but it is absolutely not time to celebrate yet.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
20 Dec 2021 01:47
TheSkeptic wrote:
19 Dec 2021 18:34
Now we know how much Kenny Clark means to this team
Also, remember that come draft time. If there's a viable NT available...
Gutey will take athletic big men whenever available. Slayton is a very promising rookie. I don't think people appreciate how rare Kenny Clark really is. NTs who can both handle a double team and who can provide pass rush... Less than 5 of those in the league. Finding another Clark would require some outrageous luck.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:

National media can't make up their minds whether to credit MLF, who has led a team with insane injury list all season to 11-3, and whose win/loss % as a HC just went over a historic .800 mark, OR Aaron Rodgers, who is having another fantastic season.

So, if you credit MLF, he should be coach of the year. If you credit AR, he should be MVP. Instead, seems like they cancel each other out in peoples' minds, and they credit neither. Oh, and everyone seems to be utterly incapable of crediting both. :dunno: :messedup:

I say: LaCoach for CoY, AR for MVP and heck, lets throw Gutey in for Exec of the Year. Sweep the table!

:lombardi:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Speaking of which, Peter King providing AR with some additional motivation:
kuva.png
kuva.png (39.36 KiB) Viewed 279 times

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Dec 2021 02:50
paco wrote:

National media can't make up their minds whether to credit MLF, who has led a team with insane injury list all season to 11-3, and whose win/loss % as a HC just went over a historic .800 mark, OR Aaron Rodgers, who is having another fantastic season.

So, if you credit MLF, he should be coach of the year. If you credit AR, he should be MVP. Instead, seems like they cancel each other out in peoples' minds, and they credit neither. Oh, and everyone seems to be utterly incapable of crediting both. :dunno: :messedup:

I say: LaCoach for CoY, AR for MVP and heck, lets throw Gutey in for Exec of the Year. Sweep the table!

:lombardi:
Rex Ryan would say give me Rodgers and I would be the number one seed.

I think MLF has been great but I think Belichek has been better.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
20 Dec 2021 02:36
paco wrote:

It's because we all know the results of the past decade and we know that having a really good regular season team doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

Not saying this isn't great but it is absolutely not time to celebrate yet.
BS, totally time to celebrate. If wait to celebrate only the top achievements, you may never celebrate. Division wins still matter, even for a team that is used to getting them.
RIP JustJeff