Here's Johnny!! (An unkindness of Ravens) BAL Wk15

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MVS's catches were not at perfect times?? 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

My God, 98 yards from your WR2 and people think it is amazing.... Sheesh.
<searches poster responses for this description…can’t find it>

:dunno: :idn:

Impactful. Clutch. Gutty. Found those tho. ;)

Like PJ Tucker would say…he was a dawg!

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

MVS Yoops on the board.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
20 Dec 2021 08:25
MVS Yoops on the board.
Scantling's had a rough year with injury bug, after getting healthy it was as though he and Rodgers never played together, Rodgers missed him on at least a half dozen passes, we new that wouldn't last forever, the Ravens dedicated themselves to stopping Tae and MVS made them pay.

thanks for the votes everyone.

no one has remarked about Gary, probably because he gave up a big run and didn't contain Huntley, but he still provided pressure, Huntley simply alluded it, I bet he forced Huntley to scramble a half dozen times or more.

The big Dawg is gonna Dawg, Lewis is the picture player for consistency, he brings it every game, I loved watching him rumble along alluding and breaking tackles.

this bunch of backup O liners just keep getting it done week after week, several might not be back ups next season, Runyan is making a statement that LG is his to lose.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2021 09:54
no one has remarked about Gary, probably because he gave up a big run and didn't contain Huntley, but he still provided pressure, Huntley simply alluded it, I bet he forced Huntley to scramble a half dozen times or more.
From the stadium view, man, Gary was destroying the OL in front of him time and time again and that kid just could NOT get his hands on Huntley. He was running circles around him. Gary is a great athlete and gave great effort and must've had the most frustrating game of his career. He crushed the OT with speed, with power, with inside moves, with outside moves. And just couldn't finish. It was nuts. He tried to come off the field he was so gassed but then it was 4th down and the Ravens were going for it so he came back on.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 09:59
Yoop wrote:
From the stadium view, man, Gary was destroying the OL in front of him time and time again and that kid just could NOT get his hands on Huntley. He was running circles around him. Gary is a great athlete and gave great effort and must've had the most frustrating game of his career. He crushed the OT with speed, with power, with inside moves, with outside moves. And just couldn't finish. It was nuts. He tried to come off the field he was so gassed but then it was 4th down and the Ravens were going for it so he came back on.
yep, I'am sure you had a better view of what the TV feed gave me, even so it was fun to watch his effort even as limited as it was at times for me to see, I can't vote for MVS so as of now my vote goes to Gary.

Glad we won for you Yoho. :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Yeah I was amazed yesterday watching a QB who was actually faster than Gary even with angles. Huntley is FAST. Just seemed much better at alluding pressure than a guy like Murray.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I need to make a pick. So I'm going with.... Stokes. :shock: But the defense gave up, blah blah blah. Stokes did his job and did it damn well against tough competition. Yes MVS deserves it as well. But he's already going to win this so I'm putting a vote elsewhere.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:24
I need to make a pick. So I'm going with.... Stokes. :shock: But the defense gave up, blah blah blah. Stokes did his job and did it damn well against tough competition. Yes MVS deserves it as well. But he's already going to win this so I'm putting a vote elsewhere.
We've seen this before when Stokes plays off and they just take the 5 yards against him over and over again and it's frustrating but when the opposition needs to score and Brown could go over the top, it's often what he's being asked to do. He was breaking on them QUICKLY, too, eliminating YAC nicely. It was frustrating to watch, but we've already heard Gray discuss that sometimes that's the plan.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:26
paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:24
We've seen this before when Stokes plays off and they just take the 5 yards against him over and over again and it's frustrating but when the opposition needs to score and Brown could go over the top, it's often what he's being asked to do. He was breaking on them QUICKLY, too, eliminating YAC nicely. It was frustrating to watch, but we've already heard Gray discuss that sometimes that's the plan.
remember when I use to defend HHCD for not gambling but rather to make sure nothing gets past him, that sorta how I feel with Stokes, unless you have someone backing ya up I think it's better to play more conservative.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:47
remember when I use to defend HHCD for not gambling but rather to make sure nothing gets past him, that sorta how I feel with Stokes, unless you have someone backing ya up I think it's better to play more conservative.
Eric Stokes through 14 games of his rookie season has as many passes defended (13) than HaHa's top two seasons combined (7 and 6). So I'mma go with a no on that one.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:49
Yoop wrote:
Eric Stokes through 14 games of his rookie season has as many passes defended (13) than HaHa's top two seasons combined (7 and 6). So I'mma go with a no on that one.
Can't compare Stokes and HaHa. 2 different positions and asked to do 2 different things.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Can't compare Stokes and HaHa. 2 different positions and asked to do 2 different things.
Great point. Stokes gives up short outs and hooks and makes the tackle to avoid the big play. HaHa allowed 20 yard receptions and made the tackle to avoid giving up the... wait, too late, 20 yards is a lot.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:56
paco wrote:
20 Dec 2021 10:53
YoHoChecko wrote:

Great point. Stokes gives up short outs and hooks and makes the tackle to avoid the big play. HaHa allowed 20 yard receptions and made the tackle to avoid giving up the... wait, too late, 20 yards is a lot.
That's assuming he made the tackle...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Stokes was a very close second for me, an impact play would have sealed the deal.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
20 Dec 2021 11:11
Stokes was a very close second for me, an impact play would have sealed the deal.
He had one play on one the Ravens' last two TD drives where he broke on it SO early that I was sure he had a pick-6 but the ball was thrown to draw Brown back toward the l.o.s. and stayed out of Stokes' reach, but that would have been the one. Man, I love seeing the "all-22" view of the game in person.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

MVS had himself a day. Going with him.

It's so refreshing to see him correct his drops. Not saying he's Adam's but he had the same issues early in his career.

Honorable mention to Lazard, Marcedes, O-line, Gary and to Clark for making us realize what kind of impact he really makes game in and game out.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

paco wrote:
19 Dec 2021 21:35
Random thought that I saw someone on twitter point out... We may have something in Tyler Davis. Not picked here, but might be a guy down the line. Made good plays all day, both catching and blocking.
I had no clue the guy was even on the roster until his catch yesterday.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lulu wrote:
20 Dec 2021 12:34
paco wrote:
19 Dec 2021 21:35
Random thought that I saw someone on twitter point out... We may have something in Tyler Davis. Not picked here, but might be a guy down the line. Made good plays all day, both catching and blocking.
I had no clue the guy was even on the roster until his catch yesterday.
I had to explain him to some guys last week. Did the same with Abdullah Anderson this week. He showed up a bit too for being someone most haven't heard of. Still rather have Kenny of course.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Anyone remember Willie Davis trying to catch Fran Tarkington?