Packers at Ravens GDT: Sunday, December 19, 2021; 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:09
bud fox wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:07
New Orleans is an outlier but I did miss the other int that game - so count.

But count the first 8 weeks.

It is quite cheeky using 10 weeks when you know Rodgers missed a game in week 9.

I know the argument is from Min but you can't compare 10 weeks when he only had 9 in the pocket.
The best ability is availability. When you're talking about a QB's impact on a team, missing a game is about the biggest impact you can have.
No.

I get it but its just a wishy washy statement when trying to compare actual gameplay against gameplay.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Dec 2021 19:25
Weeks 1 to 10:
9th in TDs
6th in INTs (min. 100 passes) (He had 4, not 2)
9th in Passer Rating
15th in Completion %
17th in Yards

Since Week 10:
1st in TDs
1st in INTs (min. 100 passes)
1st in Passer Rating
3rd in Yards
3rd in Completion %
Also what website do you use to get these stats?

Pretty good to have an accumulated weekly option to run. I can only ever find current point or weekly stats and would then have to add all the weeks up.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:13
No.

I get it but its just a wishy washy statement when trying to compare actual gameplay against gameplay.
The context of the discussions of Rodgers' play in this case was that until week 11 our team did not have QB play representative of an MVP-caliber #1 best QB in the league. When Jordan Love was playing, that was never more true.

Plus, the passer rating and completion percentage are rate stats.

Face it, bud, you're objectively wrong about this.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:17
bud fox wrote:
20 Dec 2021 22:13
No.

The context of the discussions of Rodgers' play in this case was that until week 11 our team did not have QB play representative of an MVP-caliber #1 best QB in the league. When Jordan Love was playing, that was never more true.

Plus, the passer rating and completion percentage are rate stats.

Face it, bud, you're objectively wrong about this.
What are you talking about - he said we didnt have top QB play from our number one QB until Min.

It is a complete shot at Rodgers - our number one QB.

The truth is he was still playing at a high level for those first 8 weeks. You can't count weeks he doesn't play.

Now if you want to say oh we didnt have top qb play from our number 1 until Minnesota because Love was our number one for a game than say that - don't leave that part out.

Or if you want you can set unrealistic expectations and say we didn't have league leading statistical QB play until Min - that's fine. But we still have top QB play whilst Rodgers was playing.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 14:15
texas wrote:
20 Dec 2021 14:11
You guys are objectively wrong.

Maybe celebrate the first 5 times we win the division and get bounced in the playoffs, but not the next 5 times.

At this point it is Super Bowl or bust.

"B-b-b-ut just think about what if we had the type of QB that a normal NFL team has, we would be thankful for even 1 division championship"

Well, we don't. We've had 3 decades of all time great QB play. We have the #1 WR. We have the #1 CB. We have a top 3 pass rush. We have the #1 LT. We have a top 5 running back corps. So no, a division championship is like the bare minimum.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you're no fun
I'm just tired of getting heartbroken in the playoffs after getting my hopes up. Like I said, I'll celebrate the first 5 times we win the division with nothing else but it's time to finish the job.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

1. Rodgers is clearly playing at MVP level.
2. If Rodgers hits on one or two of those two overthrows that he made (and we get TDs), then the Ravens only have trash time to score at the end and there's no real drama.
3. MVS is stepping up. It's exciting to see him do so much. He is a legitimate WR2 in my mind. He's a step ahead of Lazard. He's learned to run good routes. He covers the entire field. Nobody can keep up with him on defense.
4. The OLine deserves so much credit.
5. I honestly think our defense played well. Huntley was motivated and composed. The only issue the D had was the contain (which Aikman harped on several times). It was almost like a flashback of Clay Matthews. That guy hardly ever held contain. It was the price of his good pass rush. Our D will have to clean that up in a big way.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Dec 2021 02:55
1. Rodgers is clearly playing at MVP level.
2. If Rodgers hits on one or two of those two overthrows that he made (and we get TDs), then the Ravens only have trash time to score at the end and there's no real drama.
3. MVS is stepping up. It's exciting to see him do so much. He is a legitimate WR2 in my mind. He's a step ahead of Lazard. He's learned to run good routes. He covers the entire field. Nobody can keep up with him on defense.
4. The OLine deserves so much credit.
5. I honestly think our defense played well. Huntley was motivated and composed. The only issue the D had was the contain (which Aikman harped on several times). It was almost like a flashback of Clay Matthews. That guy hardly ever held contain. It was the price of his good pass rush. Our D will have to clean that up in a big way.
Contain was an issue but man we just had zero answer for Mark Andrews. Felt like we played scared on defense. Gave up huge cushions and the Ravens were able to take advantage of that a lot. Especially on 3rd downs. Also couldn't stop Latavius Murray at all. Let me be clear. I had no problem how we played Hollywood Brown. We gave up cushions but kept him in check all night. It was much more about Andrews and even Duvernay.

The Ravens drove on every drive honestly except the two drives in the middle (one before half and one right after half). The good is a lot of individual players played really well. Stokes, Lancaster and Gary I thought played exceptional. I'd put Amos and Douglas there too. But then you had players who just got destroyed. Savage and Sullivan had really rough games and even Campbell had a few plays where I thought he played poorly.

It just wasn't that great team defense we have seen and loved all season. And yeah the contain issue...Gary and Preston struggled with that. The first TD was largely because Gary didn't outside contain. He and Smith were getting so good at that in October and November. Definitely has taken a step backwards in that department the last two weeks.
Last edited by go pak go on 21 Dec 2021 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I will once again give major props to John Runyan. My goodness did he have a good game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Dec 2021 06:05
I will once again give major props to John Runyan. My goodness did he have a good game.
Love that kid. I was higher on him than most. But I also think Newman has strung together 2 really good games now too. He hasn't been as much of a liability. Good things on the horizon for both of them. Going to be hard to put 1 on the bench next season. O-line going to be strong for years to come!
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
21 Dec 2021 07:36
go pak go wrote:
Love that kid. I was higher on him than most. But I also think Newman has strung together 2 really good games now too. He hasn't been as much of a liability. Good things on the horizon for both of them. Going to be hard to put 1 on the bench next season. O-line going to be strong for years to come!
Newman is frustrating because overall he plays pretty well but then he has those two huge gaffs during a game that make you question him. And it seems those gaffs have gotten worse the last two months rather than better.

The Newman play I remember is the Rodgers sack where he just got mauled right back into Rodgers.

I think at this point we are stuck with Patrick at Center which is kind of too bad because that position too we could use an upgrade. Honestly don't really know what Josh Meyers is at this point. Have to trust moving forward he will grow into a great center for us.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:05
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Newman is frustrating because overall he plays pretty well but then he has those two huge gaffs during a game that make you question him. And it seems those gaffs have gotten worse the last two months rather than better.

The Newman play I remember is the Rodgers sack where he just got mauled right back into Rodgers.

I think at this point we are stuck with Patrick at Center which is kind of too bad because that position too we could use an upgrade. Honestly don't really know what Josh Meyers is at this point. Have to trust moving forward he will grow into a great center for us.
True, but what do you expect from a 4th round rookie? I'll take a gaff or 2 a game. We've seen it can be way way worse. Not sure the question about Myers. He already has shown as a rookie that's he's pretty damn good. Hopefully we get him back this season. But even if we don't, Patrick has been fine and I don't think would cost us a SB. Myers will be back starting next season.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:13
True, but what do you expect from a 4th round rookie? I'll take a gaff or 2 a game. We've seen it can be way way worse. Not sure the question about Myers. He already has shown as a rookie that's he's pretty damn good. Hopefully we get him back this season. But even if we don't, Patrick has been fine and I don't think would cost us a SB. Myers will be back starting next season.
I think a first round bye might give us a shot at getting Bakh, Turner, and even Myers back on the field. Now, how much and how quickly do we want to reintegrate people ona unit that requires teamwork and coordination and communication? I think that depends.

If we can work Bakh in this week, and Myers clears with some time left before the bye giving him multiple weeks of practice, I'm perfectly comfortable throwing Turner back out the second he's healthy. Divisional Round would give him 5 weeks from his injury, which may be a thing. No real timeline or details there.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:05
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Before he got hurt Meyers was playing at a very high level. Patrick has been fine but he's not as good as Josh is in there even tho he is a rookie.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Dec 2021 09:00
paco wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:13
I think a first round bye might give us a shot at getting Bakh, Turner, and even Myers back on the field. Now, how much and how quickly do we want to reintegrate people ona unit that requires teamwork and coordination and communication? I think that depends.

If we can work Bakh in this week, and Myers clears with some time left before the bye giving him multiple weeks of practice, I'm perfectly comfortable throwing Turner back out the second he's healthy. Divisional Round would give him 5 weeks from his injury, which may be a thing. No real timeline or details there.
I think Myers being a rookie will have the most problems, Bahk having been off so long will need to kick the rust off, but he and Turner should be ready quick, Patrick has done a commendable job filling for Myers, I applaud the running of Dillon behind this mostly back up OL, improving line play = improved Dillon and Jones, and we could use that going forward, plus giving Rodgers another second to throw.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean Meyers hasn't played since like October 3. I think he had 4 snaps vs Chicago.

Hard for me to know either way his level of play when there is such little data to evaluate. That's why I have him as a question mark at this point.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Dec 2021 10:25
:banana:

Fantastic

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Did we ever even hear what happened to meyers officially? I know its a knee injury that required surgery that was not ACL. Would think we might see him designated to return or at some practices if he was anywhere close.

He may be though, not sure of his situation.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Dec 2021 10:35
Did we ever even hear what happened to meyers officially? I know its a knee injury that required surgery that was not ACL. Would think we might see him designated to return or at some practices if he was anywhere close.

He may be though, not sure of his situation.
To my knowledge, no information ever came out more specific than that. I do remember hearing that it was "not season ending" so....

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Dec 2021 10:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Dec 2021 10:25
:banana:

Fantastic
Yeah apparently the Packers have 3 CB's who would be CB1 on most teams. Jaire is the best in the league.