Playoff Seeding

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
15 Dec 2021 06:50
texas wrote:
15 Dec 2021 01:23
What's all this talk about needing guys to come back? The only player we need is Rodgers.

How do you think we won all these games already? :dunno:

We won Super Bowl 45 with like the most injuries in the league that year. Yes I would like Z and Bakhtiari and Jaire to come back, but this a good team with or without them.
Every team in the playoffs is good.
The ability of LaCoach and staff to outcoach the opponent's gameplan will likely be paramount in the playoffs again.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

TheSkeptic wrote:
texas wrote:
What's all this talk about needing guys to come back? The only player we need is Rodgers.

We won Super Bowl 45 with like the most injuries in the league that year. Yes I would like Z and Bakhtiari and Jaire to come back, but this a good team with or without them.
That doesn't refute any of what I wrote.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Then why haven't we won it all 8 times since 2010??? 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Dec 2021 13:56
TheSkeptic wrote:
texas wrote:

The ability of LaCoach and staff to outcoach the opponent's gameplan will likely be paramount in the playoffs again.
I remember coaches saying the first 15 or so scripted plays are designed to expose the defense, then adjust to the weaknesses those plays exposed, I think often this year that is what we've seen, we start slow figuring that stuff out, adjust, and it's like we flipped a switch and move the ball, in fact at times when the run is gouging them we look near unstoppable, then we mix in the passing and build 2 score leads, most of the time our opponents are playing catch up ball, and according to Matt and Aaron this offense has yet to kick in the after burners. :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
15 Dec 2021 14:23
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Dec 2021 13:56
TheSkeptic wrote:

I remember coaches saying the first 15 or so scripted plays are designed to expose the defense, then adjust to the weaknesses those plays exposed, I think often this year that is what we've seen, we start slow figuring that stuff out, adjust, and it's like we flipped a switch and move the ball, in fact at times when the run is gouging them we look near unstoppable, then we mix in the passing and build 2 score leads, most of the time our opponents are playing catch up ball, and according to Matt and Aaron this offense has yet to kick in the after burners. :aok:
It has certainly been frustrating watching the Packers slow offensive starts in some of the games. Holmgren was a scripted play guy ..... can't recall if Sherman or McCoach did that or not. Does LaCoach play the scripted game or not ? :idn:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Dec 2021 18:06
It has certainly been frustrating watching the Packers slow offensive starts in some of the games. Holmgren was a scripted play guy ..... can't recall if Sherman or McCoach did that or not. Does LaCoach play the scripted game or not ?
They all did and LaFleur does, too. LaFleur seems to be feeling some things out early in games and/or setting up things later rather than selecting plays he thinks will actually be successful. It has been pretty frustrating watching his scripts unfold this season, TBH.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A big day for GB yeterrday in the playoff situation.

1. Green Bay Clinches the NFC North - GB is the first team to clinch a playoff spot. :banana: :banana:

2. Arizona and Tampa lost - this means GB is getting closer to having a mulligan for the #1 seed. I just checked what would happen if GB, DAL, TB and LAR were in a 4 way tie.

4 Way Tie at 4 losses - Dallas wins Tiebreaker
3 Way Tie at 4 losses - Dallas win Tiebreaker
3 Way Tie with Dallas having 5 losses and everyone else at 4 losses (including either LAR or AZ) - GB wins tiebreaker.

So ultimately GB wins tiebreakers over every team except Dallas.

Clinching Scenarios for the #1 seed

Green Bay
1. Green Bay - Win out
2. Green Bay - Win 2 out of 3 with a Dallas loss

Dallas
1. Dallas - Win out plus GB loss

A lot needs to happen for the other teams. Dallas's remaining schedule is the following:
1. Washington
2. Arizona
3. at Philly

Philly and Washington are still right in the thick of the playoff race.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dallas lose two of their next three. They’ve been winning lately but they haven’t looked “good” doing it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
20 Dec 2021 07:39
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dallas lose two of their next three. They’ve been winning lately but they haven’t looked “good” doing it.
The Cowboys to me are the weirdest team in the NFC. They are honestly a really poorly reffed game vs Vegas away from being the #1 seed (though honestly we should have beaten KC and MN too). Their offense can put up serious points at any time but then also go through streaks of nothings. Their defense conventionally is the weakness of that team and yet their defense is playing lights out right now.

I think Dallas the most talented team right now for Green Bay. But putting it together will be their task.

Honestly if Jake Fromm started instead of Glennon yesterday, I think the Giants win that game. Glennon was absolutely terrible.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This is quite nutty

Cleveland and Minnesota gunna come to play next two weeks.

Like our chances a lot in both at home. But gunna be dog fights. Those Cleveland pass rushers against our scrub tackles scare me.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So here is the NFC Playoff Picture after Week 15:

Division Leaders

1. :packers: - Green Bay Packers (11-3) *Clinched NFC North - Plays :browns:
2. :cowboys: - Dallas Cowboys (10-4) - Plays :footballteam:
3. :buccaneers: - Tampa Bay Bucs (10-4) - Plays @ :panthers:
4. :cardinals: - Arizona Cardinals (10-4) - Plays :colts:

Wildcard Teams

5. :rams: - LA Rams - (10-4) - Plays :vikings:
6. :49ers: - San Francisco 49ers (8-6) - Plays @ :titans:
7. :vikings: - Minnesota Vikings (7-7) - Plays @ :rams:

In the Huntj

8. :saints: - New Orleans Saints (7-7) - Plays :dolphins:
9. :eagles: - Philly Eagles (7-7) - Plays :giants:
10. :footballteam: - Washington (6-8) - Plays @ :cowboys:
11. :falcons: - Atlanta Falcons (6-8) - Plays :lions:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Clinching Scenarios for Week 16:

Division Clinching:
1. Dallas clinches NFC East with win OR Eagles loss
2. Tampa Bay clinches NFC South with win OR Saints loss

Playoff Berth Clinching
3. Arizona clinches a playoff berth with win OR 2 of MN, PHI, NO loss
4. LA Rams clinches a playoff berth with win OR PHI and NO loss
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2021 06:24

Division Leaders

Wildcard Teams

In the Huntj

Between WTF, Eagles, Saints, Niners, Cardinals, Rams, and Vikings three of those teams will make the playoffs. The Rams and Cardinals could in theory still miss the playoffs entirely.

The NFC teams won't be decided until the final week.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Saints and Eagles have pretty easy schedules to make a push. Minny has the Rams and then us. Gonna be interesting, for sure.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
22 Dec 2021 06:24

Division Leaders

Wildcard Teams

In the Huntj

Well here's who I'm rooting for Week 16:
Lions (because they're the Lions) 8-) :lions:
Packers (of course .... bring back the title to Titletown) :beer2: :packers:
Rams (only cuz they're not the Vikings) :swear: :rams:
Colts (only cuz they're a harmless AFC team.....at least for now. And I am not a fan of the 2nd coming of Doug Flutie) :P :colts:
Hogs (cuz they're not the Cowboys, Eagles or Giants, and cuz they're the Hogs) :footballteam:
Panthers (only because there is barely a snowball's chance that the Saints could get in by winning the South :messedup: Oh, and I root for the Saints whenever they're not playing the Packers .... love the Saints fan's spirit and the city of New Orleans ) :panthers:
Titans (cuz they're not the Niners) :banana: :titans:

Full disclosure re-cap:
1) Get the BYE Week Green Bay! :packers:
2) In the NFC East I only ever root for the Hogs. I'll just leave it at that for now. :footballteam:
3) I generally have sympathy for the Lions (its been awhile ......... 1957. Lions have 8 straight playoff losses and are 7-13 all time in the playoffs. Don't know if Lions fans are good, jerks, and/or respectful or not (does anyone know?)
Lions won 3 NFL championships in the 1950s) :lions:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If the Packers win out and claim the 1-seed,
then the Saints sneak into the playoffs and pull off a round one upset
then the Packers beat the Saints, and win again to advance the Super Bowl,
and then beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl...

..we would be 17-3 Super Bowl champions with redemption wins over each of the three teams to have defeated us

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
20 Dec 2021 07:49
APB wrote:
20 Dec 2021 07:39
The Cowboys to me are the weirdest team in the NFC. They are honestly a really poorly reffed game vs Vegas away from being the #1 seed (though honestly we should have beaten KC and MN too). Their offense can put up serious points at any time but then also go through streaks of nothings. Their defense conventionally is the weakness of that team and yet their defense is playing lights out right now.

I think Dallas the most talented team right now for Green Bay. But putting it together will be their task.

Honestly if Jake Fromm started instead of Glennon yesterday, I think the Giants win that game. Glennon was absolutely terrible.
Their D has been getting huge props for playing some lousy O's Giants, WFT, Saints. They'll probably get stomped in the playoffs before they get to us.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Rams and MM's team are only serious threats right now. Maybe Bucs but they aren't playing well even with winning (though same could be said of Packers, but Brady is not currently in the same tier as AR).

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Dec 2021 22:58
Rams and MM's team are only serious threats right now. Maybe Bucs but they aren't playing well even with winning (though same could be said of Packers, but Brady is not currently in the same tier as AR).
Meh, we've done the thing where we've peaked in like week 13-16 before, that level of play usually not sustainable through January.

Still a matter of timing to be peaking at the right time, say January.

No one would say we are peaking, I will still view the Bucs as are toughest competition come mid January.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I view nobody as our toughest competition. I think any of the top 5 seeds can compete with us.

That being said, I think we also can compete and beat anyone out there if the Packers play a B game or better. I too won't get too much into who is "hot right now".

Mid January - mid February is still a long ways away.
Yoop wrote: