Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Dec 2021 11:14
APB wrote:
20 Dec 2021 11:09
Gonna be interesting to see the media and fan outrage coverage if/when the Bucs welcome AB back with open arms now that their WR room is banged up. Arians sounded all high and mighty when they signed him, making a big deal out of no second chances for him. Time to put your money where your mouth is, Bruce, or rightly face some harsh criticism.
He already confirmed yesterday, apparently, that they're bringing him back to the team, so go ahead with your criticism
May I? I hate Bruce Arians. Not surprised to see him trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube here.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
20 Dec 2021 13:42
Wow, way worse than first thought. Tough blow for them. But AB being back will help with that some.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Some call it karma, some call it poetic justice...some believe in it, some say its imaginary.

Either way or however you slice it, usually when you openly sell your soul and go against your word to experience financial gain or victory...something bad happens to thwart your path.

What AB did was a million times worse than what Rodgers did. However, they are going to keep him because they know they need him. Even tho Arians said in his book he would SHOOT an unvaxxed played if they gave him or the 80 year old guy thats always around the team covid. He said "one incident and hes out!" Yet now, he will be forgiven.

Things like this usually work themselves out in unsettling ways for the team or person compromising their word or character. Will be interesting to see play out.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Yeah, it sucks for Godwin as a person, but I'm not spilling any tears for an otherwise completely healthy Bucs team. War of attrition, baby - deal with it.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

NCF wrote:
This tweet is a bit misleading. He is out for the remainder of the regular season. He could be back for the playoffs. It's a sprained MCL according to several sports websites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

williewasgreat wrote:
20 Dec 2021 15:10
NCF wrote:
This tweet is a bit misleading. He is out for the remainder of the regular season. He could be back for the playoffs. It's a sprained MCL according to several sports websites.
He just got an MRI today and they found he torn his ACL: https://www.nfl.com/news/chris-godwin-t ... witter_atn

He is indeed out for the rest of the season, not just the regular season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If he's anything like Bakhtiari, I wouldn't expect him back until Christmas 2022 at the earliest.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
20 Dec 2021 15:23
If he's anything like Bakhtiari, I wouldn't expect him back until Christmas 2022 at the earliest.
Impossible.

#hesnotabig

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Am I the only one that is super excited to watch that John Madden special on Christmas Day?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2021 13:19
Am I the only one that is super excited to watch that John Madden special on Christmas Day?
Super? no. But definitely will watch it at some point. Won't be able to on Christmas Day. Hell, I'm just hoping I actually get to watch the game.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2021 13:19

It's already queued up to be recorded....in case I get sidetracked doing something else during that timeslot which I believe starts a 1 pm Central Time. Remember Madden saying "when there's a game to be won" about Reggie making a key 2nd half sack. Or when commenting on a couple of guys with their shirts off at the 1996 NFC Championship Game January 12, 1997 as "not the sharpest knifes in the drawer". And finally ..... "If there ever was a shrine for the NFL, it would be Lambeau Field."
This stuff is capable of making grown men and women cry. Looking forward to the show.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I'm eating cheese curds right now.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Dec 2021 14:24
I'm eating cheese curds right now.
I'd be inclined to embellish those curds with 2 krauted brats (with brown mustard) and one virgin Mary soaked deli pickle spear + olives. Maybe even some onions (cooked or raw, either way). These are things champions are made of.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 23 Dec 2021 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Marcus Spears: Mike McCarthy Doesn't Know What the Hell He's Doing

Hmm...I think I've heard these before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebig ... m44j55/amp
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Feels a little weird to have a McCarthy hit piece when the Cowboys are enjoying their best season of the 21st century.

2007, 2014, 2016 and 2021. When they say "expectations are a little higher in Dallas" and yet this is literally one of 4 best seasons after 1995....seems a little stupid if you ask me.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:30
Feels a little weird to have a McCarthy hit piece when the Cowboys are enjoying their best season of the 21st century.

2007, 2014, 2016 and 2021. When they say "expectations are a little higher in Dallas" and yet this is literally one of 4 best seasons after 1995....seems a little stupid if you ask me.
I just hope Dallas loses at least one more game this season .... regular season or NFC playoffs .... don't really care if its the regular season or playoffs. A Cowboys resurgence is one of those "UGH" things. Equal to any level of disgust associated with the Vikings ever continuously ruling the North again. These are things that I'd rather not see happen.

If the Packers can't make it to the NFC Championship Game, then here's what:
East --> I'll root for the Hogs
South --> I'll root for the Saints
West --> I'll root for the Chickens

Why? For their fans ......... not their coaches or owners, etc.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Trudge wrote:
22 Dec 2021 21:22
Marcus Spears: Mike McCarthy Doesn't Know What the Hell He's Doing

Hmm...I think I've heard these before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebig ... m44j55/amp
This “story” is typical of ESPN football commentary. They get one of their “analysts” to find any fault or historical weakness of a player/coach and then exploit said weakness during one of their many team coverage segments. The fact they continually hype these type pieces on players/coaches from teams with large fan followings is a give-away: they’re simply vying for clicks.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Marcus Spears is a bozo.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The Chiefs and Packers were the No. 1 seeds in the AFC and NFC playoffs last year, and with three weeks left in the season each team has a one-game lead in its conference for the No. 1 seed this year as well. That means they could accomplish a rare feat.

If the Chiefs and Packers repeat as No. 1 seeds, they’ll be the first teams to do so since the Los Angeles Raiders and Washington did it in the 1982 and 1983 seasons.

In the strike-shortened 1982 season, the Raiders went 8-1 but lost to the Jets in the divisional round of the playoffs, while Washington went 8-1 and beat the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. The following year, the Raiders went 12-4 and beat 14-2 Washington in the Super Bowl.

Last year the Chiefs went 14-2 and lost to the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl, while the Packers went 13-3 and lost to the Buccaneers in the NFC Championship Game. This year the Chiefs are 10-4 and the Packers are 11-3.