NFL Awards

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Rodgers won’t even get a participation trophy if he keeps going on about the Covid stuff and his views that differ from the national narrative. He was at it again on the McAfee show yesterday.

I have posted a link to yesterday’s interview in the Podium. I know some here are rather sensitive about the Covid stuff and I don’t want this convo derailed too far. His comments are pertinent to this discussion, though. Anyway, if you want to engage in that sidebar convo, please take it up in the Podium.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
22 Dec 2021 06:58
Rodgers won’t even get a participation trophy if he keeps going on about the Covid stuff and his views that differ from the national narrative. He was at it again on the McAfee show yesterday.

I have posted a link to yesterday’s interview in the Podium. I know some here are rather sensitive about the Covid stuff and I don’t want this convo derailed too far. His comments are pertinent to this discussion, though. Anyway, if you want to engage in that sidebar convo, please take it up in the Podium.
I just watched it this morning and thought it was fine. He basically stated his opinion, his frustration with NFL protocols and their lack of focus on players health, and his desire for people to do what you just suggested... go to The Podium and talk about it. It didn't come off as a I'm right and it should be this way type of conversation.

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Rodgers, Adams, Clark and Linsley made the Pro Bowl. Go Pack Go!

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Dec 2021 21:52
Jones, Gary, Douglas and Bojo as alternates. Feel like Campbell is a bit of a snub.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
AWW YEAH that comp-pick for Linsley better be good, c'mon NFL!!!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
22 Dec 2021 23:35
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
AWW YEAH that comp-pick for Linsley better be good, c'mon NFL!!!!
It was a shame to lose him but assuming that Myers regains his health 100%, it was the right decision. Every player's value is determined not only by how good he is but also by how much he costs.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lake shark wrote:
22 Dec 2021 22:12
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Jones, Gary, Douglas and Bojo as alternates. Feel like Campbell is a bit of a snub.
Who is Bojo?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Campbell is the perfect example of why a PB vote has little sway when it comes to a GM considering contract demands, Campbell was arguably the best ILB in the division last year and wasn't even voted as a alternate.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-lb ... 18986.html

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy sh*t :shock:
Rasul Douglas went from being cut multiple times in 2021, to the PRACTICE SQUAD, to the active roster, to the FREAKING BOWL ALTERNATE in like a 4 month span.

What a story.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Dec 2021 03:58
lake shark wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Who is Bojo?
Are you actually serious?
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:09
Campbell is the perfect example of why a PB vote has little sway when it comes to a GM considering contract demands, Campbell was arguably the best ILB in the division last year and wasn't even voted as a alternate.

I mean the starters named were Micah Parsons (definitely better and more valuable than Campbell) and Bobby Wagner. I don't know on Wagner's year but he is always known as a top linebacker and I think his numbers were pretty good still.

I don't know who the alternates are. I can't find a complete list. But I have no problem of the players ahead of Campbell at Linebacker. I think Parson should be in serious consideration of not only DRPOY but DPOY.

Overall I think Douglas and Campbell will be very interesting to place a value on this spring. How much money and length of a contract do you give a player who is essentially a 1 year wonder? These guys go from "nobody wanting them" to stardom in a hurry but I wouldn't necessarily think that should command huge contracts.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:22
Yoop wrote:

I mean the starters named were Micah Parsons (definitely better and more valuable than Campbell) and Bobby Wagner. I don't know on Wagner's year but he is always known as a top linebacker and I think his numbers were pretty good still.

I don't know who the alternates are. I can't find a complete list. But I have no problem of the players ahead of Campbell at Linebacker. I think Parson should be in serious consideration of not only DRPOY but DPOY.

Overall I think Douglas and Campbell will be very interesting to place a value on this spring. How much money and length of a contract do you give a player who is essentially a 1 year wonder? These guys go from "nobody wanting them" to stardom in a hurry but I wouldn't necessarily think that should command huge contracts.
heres a list of the snubs, as the article says Parsons should have won as a edge rusher, Campbell was far to good to be left out, course since fans make up 1/3 of the vote winning a pro bowl vote has far less meaning then it did years ago.

Why he belongs: Campbell played well for the Falcons and Cardinals before Green Bay signed him to a one-year, $6 million contract before the 2021 season. That has quickly turned into one of the better bargains in recent memory. Campbell has filled a hold the Packers have seemed to have at inside linebacker since Ray Nitschke, and with his athleticism and field acumen, he’s helped to turn Green Bay’s defense around. An amazing player as a run-stopper, as a pass-rusher, and in all kinds of coverage, Campbell should absolutely find himself on the NFL’s Pro Bowl roster, even if we have to finagle a few things to get him on there.

Who’s off the roster? Well, the NFC inside linebackers are Micah Parsons and Bobby Wagner, and I can’t take either one of those guys off. Since Parsons has been even more effective as an edge defender, I’m going to move him to the outside linebacker spot, and take Arizona’s Chandler Jones off. Not an easy decision at all, but Campbell just has to be on this list.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-most-egreg ... 12226.html

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
23 Dec 2021 07:14
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

heres a list of the snubs, as the article says Parsons should have won as a edge rusher, Campbell was far to good to be left out, course since fans make up 1/3 of the vote winning a pro bowl vote has far less meaning then it did years ago.

Why he belongs: Campbell played well for the Falcons and Cardinals before Green Bay signed him to a one-year, $6 million contract before the 2021 season. That has quickly turned into one of the better bargains in recent memory. Campbell has filled a hold the Packers have seemed to have at inside linebacker since Ray Nitschke, and with his athleticism and field acumen, he’s helped to turn Green Bay’s defense around. An amazing player as a run-stopper, as a pass-rusher, and in all kinds of coverage, Campbell should absolutely find himself on the NFL’s Pro Bowl roster, even if we have to finagle a few things to get him on there.

Who’s off the roster? Well, the NFC inside linebackers are Micah Parsons and Bobby Wagner, and I can’t take either one of those guys off. Since Parsons has been even more effective as an edge defender, I’m going to move him to the outside linebacker spot, and take Arizona’s Chandler Jones off. Not an easy decision at all, but Campbell just has to be on this list.

I take the All-Pro selections seriously. The All-Pro should be announced in early January. Mid-season PFF team included Campbell and Adams.

Please see: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason- ... -team-2021

Also, please see: https://packers.fandom.com/wiki/List_of ... -Pro_Teams

Thank You.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kind of surprised to not even see Amos as an alternate. I would certainly put him in the top 6 safeties in the NFC this year.

All of our pro-bowlers are Ted Thompson picks.

:hail: :hail:
:hail: :hail: Image

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 Dec 2021 07:24
Yoop wrote:
23 Dec 2021 07:14
go pak go wrote:

I take the All-Pro selections seriously. The All-Pro should be announced in early January. Mid-season PFF team included Campbell and Adams.

Please see: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-midseason- ... -team-2021

Also, please see: https://packers.fandom.com/wiki/List_of ... -Pro_Teams

Thank You.
the voters where bound and determined to give Parsons a PB bid one way or the other, couldn't beat out the edge rushers, and while not as good as Campbell at ILB still gave it to him because of edge rush performance, great player but imo Campbell was the better ILB.

LB DE’VONDRE CAMPBELL, GREEN BAY PACKERS
Second Team: Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts
Few players have been bigger surprises in 2021 than Campbell in the heart of the Green Bay defense. He is the best-graded linebacker in the league, and his 86.7 grade represents a 37.7-point jump from last season, which was nearly identical to the year before that and the year before that.

Campbell has gone from a below-average starter to the best performer in the league at his position with a change in scenery. He has allowed just a 71.6 passer rating into his coverage this season, more than 25 points lower than a year ago, while missing only two tackles.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is award enough.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
23 Dec 2021 08:46
Kind of surprised to not even see Amos as an alternate. I would certainly put him in the top 6 safeties in the NFC this year.

All of our pro-bowlers are Ted Thompson picks.

:hail: :hail: Image
The only player that wasn't widely disliked their first day being a Packer who is either a Pro Bowler or Pro Bowl alternate is Bojo and Aaron Jones.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
23 Dec 2021 13:03
This is award enough.

yep, pretty much speaks for itself, I read somewhere that he was one of the leading vote getters from the start ????? I'd believe that, 1x1 coverage on him often leads to big plays, I hope we find a way to keep him.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:18
TheSkeptic wrote:
lake shark wrote:

Who is Bojo?
I too am having a brain fart about who Bojo is... :oops:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2021 07:08
paco wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:18
TheSkeptic wrote:

Who is Bojo?
I too am having a brain fart about who Bojo is... :oops:
Pssst….check out the ST lineup on punt plays.