2020 Positional Draft Talk - WR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

2020 Positional Draft Talk - WR

Post by Pckfn23 »

Let's start up some draft talk by position. I wanted to start with WR because that is a big need AND Brandon Carwile did a great Twitter series on them. PLUS, with these new features it will make it SPECTACULARLY easy to post the tweets with videos. Add your WR info from where ever you are getting it!

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Good idea!

I've loved Lamb since he was freshman.

Really do like Jeudy too.

Justin Jefferson gunna be a stud too. If he is there at 30, no brainer on my end.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

If anyone listened to yesterday's Locked On Packers, there are only a handful (I think it was five) WR's that fit the Packers profile. The only one among the top guys is Denzel Mims. I would focus in on him pretty heavily and would be ecstatic if that was our pick.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]Pckfn23[/mention]

Those look to be pretty lazy comparisons, at least to me. But, it only reinforces my affinity for Mims.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This is why I was so freaking excited about this new forum and was pushing hard to get it going. Just to share some simple quick videos, without extra work, clicking, going to other sites, super easy to share.

:chefskiss:

We need a nice chefs kiss emoji.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
25 Mar 2020 16:39
@Pckfn23

Those look to be pretty lazy comparisons, at least to me. But, it only reinforces my affinity for Mims.
I really have no idea, if they are good or not. Personally I think trying to compare draft picks to current players is a little far fetched. It helps in a general sense.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
@Pckfn23

I'm typically not a huge comparison guy, but give me Greg Jennings for Justin Jefferson.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Tyler Johnson is my Terry McLaurin this year. 3rd roundish guy. Gunna be good.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Not having pro days has made it difficult especially for those that didn't fully workout at the combine.
Ruggs is an example of this - speed is nice though.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
25 Mar 2020 17:40
Not having pro days has made it difficult especially for those that didn't fully workout at the combine.
Ruggs is an example of this - speed is nice though.
Welcome, [mention]bud fox[/mention] !

Yeah, the Pro Days and personal visits and all that medical information and interviews will make this a really interesting Draft.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Hey! It's a [mention]bud fox[/mention] sighting! :jam:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
25 Mar 2020 16:51
NCF wrote:
@Pckfn23

I'm typically not a huge comparison guy, but give me Greg Jennings for Justin Jefferson.
Except Jefferson has Jordy's size. Jennings was like 5'11".

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
26 Mar 2020 07:38
BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:
@Pckfn23

Why I don’t like comparisons...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm a sucker for good route-runners at WR, and AR seems to work best with guys who are good at physical distancing from CBs. We already have a stable of big - "throw it high and pray" - receivers (no need for a Tee Higgins (I almost wrote Tree Huggins :lol: )), but sure could use a complement to Adams who can run the full route tree.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2020 07:58
I wasn't &%$@ on it. I actually like it. Just pointing out the huge size lean.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2020 07:58
NCF wrote:
26 Mar 2020 07:38
BF004 wrote:

I hate comparisons because the guys I like most sometimes don't compare as well as I hoped/dreamed/ fantasized them against the others :rotf:

wasn't able to log on yesterday no matter what I tried, to day, I clicked on my link, loged in with same user name and pass word, and walla, here I'am, so someone must have done something, and I'am grateful to whomever it was, thank you :aok:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Only 12 WR's meet the Packers usual WR thresholds. Guys at the top that fit: Ruggs, Jefferson, Mims, Aiyuk, Pittman, DPJ, & Claypool.

Nice breakdown, here:

viewtopic.php?p=864#p864

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
NCF wrote:
@Pckfn23

My thoughts exactly. Maybe even a better version. Hes my fav for the pack that has a chance to be there.

I'm not as excited about Higgins or peoples. Yea they jave nice size but I'm not feeling it like the others. I would rather go van Jefferson or Pittman later.

Side note I was called completely crazy back in Oct when I said I like ruggs better then juedy and ruggs would be a better pro. While I like both I'm standing with that statement :box:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm MUCH lower on Higgins than conventional wisdom. I see him and Pittman as very similar players with Pittman having the edge. There's a role for them in the NFL--much like the Chargers' Mike Williams--but they aren't the guys I'm looking for and I see both as second round guys, at best.

I think our offense needs a star with versatility--like a Deebo Samuel type... you can get versatile gadget guys a dime a dozen later; and this draft is FULL of solid starter-level WRs and some dynamic ones, at that. But find me a guy who combines the two.

I'm left wondering if Shenault and Ayiuk have the speed, thinking about Jalen Reagor, gambling on Peoples-Jones. It's actually a much narrower class than I expected if I'm being that picky.