Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Dec 2021 08:18
Marcus Spears is a bozo.
This!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2021 13:19
Am I the only one that is super excited to watch that John Madden special on Christmas Day?
<raises hand> I love a good football documentary! :tiphat:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

ESPN and Spears are clowns but they are right about Mac being inept; Kellen Moore probably has much, much more to do with their success on offense than Le Beaver.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2021 12:57
ESPN and Spears are clowns but they are right about Mac being inept; Kellen Moore probably has much, much more to do with their success on offense than Le Beaver.
It's weird how MM has far-better-than-average for like a decade and a half and everyone always finds other people to give credit to.

Does he botch a lot of gameday management stuff? Yep. And that's visible. But he sure does seem to have high ranking offenses and motivated players on the regs.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Dec 2021 19:41
Labrev wrote:
It's weird how MM has far-better-than-average for like a decade and a half and everyone always finds other people to give credit to.

Does he botch a lot of gameday management stuff? Yep. And that's visible. But he sure does seem to have high ranking offenses and motivated players on the regs.
Do you also think that Dallas keeping Parcells over Sean Payton was the right call, too? He was far-better-than-average for decades!!

It's "weird" how fans of EVERY other team other than Green Bay (including his current one) are able to see Simple Mac for what he is -- a mediocrity.
—Magneto

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Tim Boyle Laser Show is going to ride again!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
I think MM must be pretty good at setting a ton and acting as a "ceo" through the week. I mean the way the cowboys are built the team could implode at any time, but hes kept the ship running pretty smooth. I think he is bad with clock management and on gameday, but the HC position is WAY more than those 60 minutes on Sunday. He must promote a winning environment the other days of the week.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Dec 2021 19:17
Labrev wrote:
I think MM must be pretty good at setting a ton and acting as a "ceo" through the week. I mean the way the cowboys are built the team could implode at any time, but hes kept the ship running pretty smooth. I think he is bad with clock management and on gameday, but the HC position is WAY more than those 60 minutes on Sunday. He must promote a winning environment the other days of the week.
Did anyone pay any attention to how bad the Cowboys were at clock management before MM arrived? They have been terrible for years! I think MM has been an improvement in this area.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 Dec 2021 20:42
YoHoChecko wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Do you also think that Dallas keeping Parcells over Sean Payton was the right call, too? He was far-better-than-average for decades!!

It's "weird" how fans of EVERY other team other than Green Bay (including his current one) are able to see Simple Mac for what he is -- a mediocrity.
are you seriously going to argue that Payton had a better resume over Parcels in 2006, of course the Cowboys would stick with Parcels over a rookie wannabe which is what Sean Payton was in 2006, your using hindsight to make this argument.

and Slamming McCarthy who has Dallas positioned as possibly our worst matchup in these PO's is insane, for all of McCarthy's faults ( and every coach has negatives) he does most tasks of a HC very well.
Parcels, Payton, McCarthy, all three where/are very good coaches, all won SB's and div titles and have very good winning records, it's easy to find fault in either just as it is with any coach if ya look hard enough.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
25 Dec 2021 09:02
Labrev wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

are you seriously going to argue that Payton had a better resume over Parcels in 2006, of course the Cowboys would stick with Parcels over a rookie wannabe which is what Sean Payton was in 2006, your using hindsight to make this argument.
What "hindsight" am I using to compare that situation to MM/Kellen Moore now, seeing as Moore has not gone on to HC anywhere else for me to safely make that comparison to him -? If anything, I'm putting my money where my mouth is with a prediction that could be used against me in the future if I'm wrong, just like when I defended mah boi Gary against haters (like you, and I will be right this time just like I was then).

So no, I did not argue anything like that, because that logic does not support the larger point I was trying to make there – that Kellen Moore probably has more to do with their success than Mac. Try again

But man, I really hope Jerry makes the same mistake twice, i.e. letting Moore go onto HC another team for some reason as daft as "well, Mac has the better resume ~hyuck!" or something – omg, what's this mythical concept called "the future?!?! All I know is past and present." He did hand MM a stupidly long contract, so... fingers crossed!!
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
25 Dec 2021 11:24
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

What "hindsight" am I using to compare that situation to MM/Kellen Moore now, seeing as Moore has not gone on to HC anywhere else for me to safely make that comparison to him -? If anything, I'm putting my money where my mouth is with a prediction that could be used against me in the future if I'm wrong, just like when I defended mah boi Gary against haters (like you, and I will be right this time just like I was then).

So no, I did not argue anything like that, because that logic does not support the larger point I was trying to make there – that Kellen Moore probably has more to do with their success than Mac. Try again

But man, I really hope Jerry makes the same mistake twice, i.e. letting Moore go onto HC another team for some reason as daft as "well, Mac has the better resume ~hyuck!" or something – omg, what's this mythical concept called "the future?!?! All I know is past and present." He did hand MM a stupidly long contract, so... fingers crossed!!
Jason Garrett approves of this argument.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I already acknowledged that promoting the coordinator is a risk, i.e. he could be a lousy head coach, in that post.

Of course, hard to read and comprehend when you're crying. NOOOO STOP BEIN *SO MEAN* TO SIMPLE MAC!!!!!!
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i was talking to a family member that doesnt watch the nfl and told them I was going to watch the Cardinals game after the packers game. They asked if the cardinals were any good. I said "eh they started off hot but Kyler Murray isnt built for 17 games". My relative said, "Calamari?"

And I realized in that moment that if you say Kyler Murray to someone who doesnt know him, it does kind of sound like Calamari.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Not a lot of teams out there with 12 wins.

:)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I believe Seifert’s record of 38 wins first 3 seasons has been tied by LaFleur. Cool Matt had a chance to break it in the same 48 games.

A record of 40 might stand for a very long time, even with 51 chances now.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BUCS selling their soul...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
25 Dec 2021 11:24
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Dallas is the hottest team in the league right now because McCarthy made adjustments with his approach, he turned over the play calling to Moore, and focused on just over seeing the whole operation, thats amounted to quality at every level, Moore will get his chance to HC a team in the not to distant future, he's 33 and at this time still has plenty to learn.

I still would not have taken Gary with the 12th pick, Simmons was just snubbed for the pro bowl, yet has beeter stats then the guy picked in his place, and has had a better career to date then Gary.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2021 08:47
Dallas is the hottest team in the league right now because McCarthy made adjustments with his approach, he turned over the play calling to Moore, and focused on just over seeing the whole operation, thats amounted to quality at every level, Moore will get his chance to HC a team in the not to distant future, he's 33 and at this time still has plenty to learn.

I still would not have taken Gary with the 12th pick, Simmons was just snubbed for the pro bowl, yet has beeter stats then the guy picked in his place, and has had a better career to date then Gary.
Dallas is not the hottest team in the league right now. Dallas has been limping through close wins against bad teams until last night. The Chiefs are the hottest team in the league right now. If Dallas puts Arizona away next week (who is one of the slumpiest good teams in the league right now) then we'll talk.

Dallas has very good skill position players, a very good QB, and a defense that's been playing very well this year--so they're a real contender, certainly. But there's nothing that separates them from any other contender right now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Dec 2021 08:51
Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2021 08:47

Dallas is not the hottest team in the league right now. Dallas has been limping through close wins against bad teams until last night. The Chiefs are the hottest team in the league right now. If Dallas puts Arizona away next week (who is one of the slumpiest good teams in the league right now) then we'll talk.

Dallas has very good skill position players, a very good QB, and a defense that's been playing very well this year--so they're a real contender, certainly. But there's nothing that separates them from any other contender right now.
I should have said ONE of the hottest teams in the league, that title seems to change week to week though.

Mostly I was defending McCarthy, who is a very good coach, I think he is a different coach for Dallas then he was for us his last couple years, at least thats my impression after reading several articles about him and the Cowboys.

they've been no different then us, teams we should blow out we end up allowing back in the games, and we barely pull out a win, this is the time of year when we need to beat up on teams like Cleveland, yet we seem stuck in second gear, last night Washington was ripe for plucking, and Dallas plucked that team bare.