Playoff Seeding

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Right now its looking like Tampa Bay coming to Lambeau Jan 22 or 23. And then the Cowboys coming to Titletown on Jan 30th for the NFC Championship Game.

Yes, there is lots of football to be played between now and January 17th to mess this dream up. Just sayin'

GO PACKERS!!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2021 11:32
Right now its looking like Tampa Bay coming to Lambeau Jan 22 or 23. And then the Cowboys coming to Titletown on Jan 30th for the NFC Championship Game.

Yes, there is lots of football to be played between now and January 17th to mess this dream up. Just sayin'

GO PACKERS!!
Makes me nervous. Packers are not rolling into the playoffs as red hot as I'd like but hopefully they can put two weeks in a row of great football going into the playoffs.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:40
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACKERS!!
Makes me nervous. Packers are not rolling into the playoffs as red hot as I'd like but hopefully they can put two weeks in a row of great football going into the playoffs.
Yeah, a 4-game win streak counts as lukewark at best... ;)

I get it. We're not utterly dominating every opponent. We're not winning by margins that are safe for Any Given Sunday's variation on a bad luck day.

I still think that we can get real, REAL, hot if we get back, you know, a few last year's Pro-Bowlers, most of our preferred starting Oline and a couple of important role players. We have a HELLUVA roster this year. Would like to see that roster on the field at some point, preferably when it matters most.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:59
Acrobat wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACKERS!!

I get it. We're not utterly dominating every opponent. We're not winning by margins that are safe for Any Given Sunday's variation on a bad luck day.

I still think that we can get real, REAL, hot if we get back, you know, a few last year's Pro-Bowlers, most of our preferred starting Oline and a couple of important role players. We have a HELLUVA roster this year. Would like to see that roster on the field at some point, preferably when it matters most.
I just hope the first game they're back isn't the first playoff game. Need some continuity. And I'm less concerned about blowing out opponents, but more concerned about our defense, which has taken a step back the last 3 weeks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Dec 2021 13:15
I just hope the first game they're back isn't the first playoff game. Need some continuity. And I'm less concerned about blowing out opponents, but more concerned about our defense, which has taken a step back the last 3 weeks.
To your point, I think continuity is much less important on that side of the ball. I don't want Bak in the line up with no prior game time, but if we get Z and Jaire back for the playoffs, throw them in there. They aren't going to mess anything up. It's just adding two dynamic playmakers to a defense that already plays pretty well together, but is light on said playmakers.

Read More. Post Less.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

NCF wrote:
27 Dec 2021 13:37
Acrobat wrote:
To your point, I think continuity is much less important on that side of the ball. I don't want Bak in the line up with no prior game time, but if we get Z and Jaire back for the playoffs, throw them in there. They aren't going to mess anything up. It's just adding two dynamic playmakers to a defense that already plays pretty well together, but is light on said playmakers.
That's a pretty good take that I think I agree with, though it seems like it'd be difficult to quantify or prove.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I can get on board with that idea.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yes, Bak needs to play this week. If he can't go, I'm going strongly consider tossing him on the IR.

Jaire and even Za'Darius can be on pitch counts.

Extremely frustrating for all 3 that they aren't out there yet.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We are getting to the point where Jaire maybe should have just had the surgery.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2021 12:59
Acrobat wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

GO PACKERS!!

We're not winning by margins that are safe for Yoops heart, a comfortable margin for me is a 3 score lead with 00 on the clock :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Dec 2021 14:13
NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Yeah... But we've had no continuity on the OL as is. I don't see how getting guys BACK would cause more continuity problems than unexpectedly losing them.. :idn:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Dec 2021 15:37
Acrobat wrote:
27 Dec 2021 14:13
NCF wrote:

Yeah... But we've had no continuity on the OL as is. I don't see how getting guys BACK would cause more continuity problems than unexpectedly losing them.. :idn:
Also true, but let's be real here. Who is not in favor of Bak getting some time to shake the rust off before being thrown out there in a Playoff game having a whole year off?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jaire looks very close to being a go.

Bakh I am not overly hopeful about.

Z also seems like a long-shot.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Labrev wrote:
27 Dec 2021 16:08

We saw Ben Braden have to come in to replace Nijman. That is not inspiring in a playoff game, But if no one gets hurt, an out of shape Bakh isn't much of an upgrade over Nijman.

IMO, the player the Packers need most to return is their rookie center

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Dec 2021 01:44
Labrev wrote:

We saw Ben Braden have to come in to replace Nijman. That is not inspiring in a playoff game, But if no one gets hurt, an out of shape Bakh isn't much of an upgrade over Nijman.

Patrick had a rough day with Cleveland run blocking, but I checked yesterday and he is still rated 3rd best run blocking center in the league, imo the weak links on the line are Newman and Kelly.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Dec 2021 01:44
Labrev wrote:

It would be nice to have Randall Cobb back as well. And why #8 can't play pro football seems strange to me.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

By kickoff on Sunday night at Lambeau, we should know the outcomes of the Cardinals-Cowboys, Eagles-Hogs, Texans-49ers and Rams-Ravens games.

Here's your handy dandy playoff predictor application for your prognosticating enjoyment: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

There is good reason to root heavily for the Cardinals to beat the Cowboys (duh). If that happens then a Packers win over the Vikings will not be needed.

Haven't thought about TIE scenarios............yet :thwap: .

Oh....Week 18 the Cowboys go to Philadelphia.

Go Pack Go!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Dec 2021 19:00
By kickoff on Sunday night at Lambeau, we should know the outcomes of the Cardinals-Cowboys, Eagles-Hogs, Texans-49ers and Rams-Ravens games.

Here's your handy dandy playoff predictor application for your prognosticating enjoyment: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

There is good reason to root heavily for the Cardinals to beat the Cowboys (duh). If that happens then a Packers win over the Vikings will not be needed.

Go Pack Go!
Vikings beat Packers and Bears.
Dallas takes one seed. Green bay the 2 seed
MN takes the 7th, comes back to Green Bay for WC weekend.

Yeah, it's possible. Not likely, but possible.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 20:07
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Go Pack Go!

Does anybody know anyone interested in seeing that happen?

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Dec 2021 21:45
Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 20:07
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

Go Pack Go!

Does anybody know anyone interested in seeing that happen?
I know a ton of Vikings fans that would like it. :banana: