Week 16 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
27 Dec 2021 21:11
Dear lord, McCaurhtie loyalty is even worse than Favre fanaticism.
It's not loyalty, or even fanaticism, it's respect, something you seem to know little about

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Dec 2021 20:32
MM proves with Dallas that he is still a SB-able coach. Really glad for him. In hindsight he should have taken his sabbatical earlier when he was still with the Packers - in that case he could be still with us. Rodgers mobbing him in his last days was disgraceful, but also showed a weak spot: Mike is too friendly kind of a coach, he is no Bill B. and that is a minus in this league.
How so? He/they haven't won their first playoff game yet, let alone made it to a SB. How has it been proven?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The biggest thing that has helped Mcarthy is the hiring of his staff.

Whether he realized that he cant be over loyal to his buddies if he wants to save his career, or GB made him shop on a budget and Jerry has been more willing to pay for the best, is an unknown to me.

But Kellen Moore is a hot up and comer who has a lot of talent.

When he first got to dallas he hired his pal Mike Nolan and that was a train wreck...but to his credit, he quickly moved off of him and brought in the best DC available. Dan Quinn.

Then, where as in GB there was continual STs issues under his tenure, when he got to Dallas he hired John Fassel who probably is one of the most esteemed STs coordnators in the league besides Darren Rizzi and maybe a couple of others.

Dallas has the talent, Mike can be the CEO of a team and run the show, but the all star cast of assistants Mike has hired across the board is helping him look good too. And that is to his credit.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 07:51

Whether he realized that he cant be over loyal to his buddies if he wants to save his career, or GB made him shop on a budget and Jerry has been more willing to pay for the best, is an unknown to me.

When he first got to dallas he hired his pal Mike Nolan and that was a train wreck...but to his credit, he quickly moved off of him and brought in the best DC available. Dan Quinn.

Then, where as in GB there was continual STs issues under his tenure, when he got to Dallas he hired John Fassel who probably is one of the most esteemed STs coordnators in the league besides Darren Rizzi and maybe a couple of others.

Dallas has the talent, Mike can be the CEO of a team and run the show, but the all star cast of assistants Mike has hired across the board is helping him look good too. And that is to his credit.
Mike was a OC before he got to GB, so just like other OC's that became HC's they decided to continue to call the plays, and McCarthy was good at it till his schemes became stale after he lost his high ceiling receivers, we had one of the most potent passing attacks of his first 8 or so years.

Going to Dallas he gave up the play calling, and as you said hired excellent cords, and Dallas is now a very good team.

as I said a few weeks back, imo Dallas is our toughest opponent, my hope is that there whole team gets covid the day prior to us playing them :banana:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 07:24
How so? He/they haven't won their first playoff game yet, let alone made it to a SB. How has it been proven?
Dallas‘ record is that of a SB contender. Look at Dallas before MM arrived. I feel Dallas is right with us and Tampa.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

German_Panzer wrote:
28 Dec 2021 09:49
APB wrote:
28 Dec 2021 07:24
Dallas‘ record is that of a SB contender. Look at Dallas before MM arrived. I feel Dallas is right with us and Tampa.
Ok, so you're projecting them as SB caliber based upon your opinion of regular season performance thus far.

The Cowboys haven't made it out of the divisional round since the mid 90s. Haven't even been in the playoffs since, what, 2018?

Forgive me if I still think they've got something to prove.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 07:51

Hiring bad assistants and hanging on to them too long was maybe the biggest fault of MM in GB, even more than not adapting his offense. I also wonder how much was the budget he was given, but he certainly hired his friends more often than not.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2021 04:29
Labrev wrote:
It's not loyalty, or even fanaticism, it's respect, something you seem to know little about
I would say that stuff like in the last couple of posts – making &%$@ up about Rodgers "mobbing" him (I'm sure you'll agree though since you've also fed into this idea), not knowing which coach to root for between yours and the *other* team's, and wishing we still had him over a coach who has literally just made history for how successful he has been (only sentimental value can make one feel this way) – go way beyond mere "RESPECC." It's definitely loyalty. At least with Favre some fans pushed back on the others' insanity.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

There are people that exist that would rather have McCarthy coaching the Packers than Lafleur in 2021?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That last one is particularly insane. Imagine thinking "Yes, we have the coach with the most successful ever start to his career... but man, I really wish we had that guy who wasted the prime years of the most talented QB to ever play, known for slow starts to every season since 2012 until said QB willed them back into the playoffs... until he no longer could (clearly, that QB was trying to "mob" the coach rather than the coach running an unsustainable model) – yeah, 13-3 every year is great, but man THOSE were the days!"
—Magneto

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:10
There are people that exist that would rather have McCarthy coaching the Packers than Lafleur in 2021?

No

MM is still a good coach, and miles better than Jason Garrett.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:05
Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2021 04:29
Labrev wrote:
I would say that stuff like in the last couple of posts – making &%$@ up about Rodgers "mobbing" him (I'm sure you'll agree though since you've also fed into this idea), not knowing which coach to root for between yours and the *other* team's, and wishing we still had him over a coach who has literally just made history for how successful he has been (only sentimental value can make one feel this way) – go way beyond mere "RESPECC." It's definitely loyalty. At least with Favre some fans pushed back on the others' insanity.
who made &%$@ up about Rodgers? be specific, fact is he lied about his vaccination status, and acts prima donna, I make no excuses for my dislike about that stuff

who doesn't know which coach to root for? can a person pay respect for a coach from another team, or does that then also mean you lack respect for Lafluer? I wanted a coaching change here for 3 years prior to it happening, it hardly means that I think McCarthy is a bad coach, we simply needed a new direction, and now he is doing things he should have done here, Moore his OC will likely get interviews, that hardly means he's ready or will be hired as a HC.

I have NO idea what your getting at with Favre???????

now lets get to the meaty portion of your angst with me :lol: which I think is my lack of huggies for your boe crush Rashad Gary, I didn't like using a 12 slot on a position we had just spent a 100 mil. on in UFA when a very good DT was available, one who has produced well all 3 seasons since picked, and this year was snubbed for a PB selection.

Gary is playing well, but he still shows very raw tech. minus the bull rush and power play he still has trouble shedding blocks, and counter moves you'd expect from a 12 slot OLB, imo there is little comfort in the knowledge that several higher picked OLB's busted, plus several at other positions, so that means ranking around 15 or so in pass rush pressures and 8 sacks means Gary in his third year is a great pick doesn't jive with me, imho thats about average at best, still I'am happy he's doing that well, he could be as bad as Oliver, and agree his next few years could be even better, I simply would have went a diff. direction with that 12 slot pick.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:10
I'd like to see someone produce that list :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:21
That last one is particularly insane. Imagine thinking "Yes, we have the coach with the most successful ever start to his career... but man, I really wish we had that guy who wasted the prime years of the most talented QB to ever play, known for slow starts to every season since 2012 until said QB willed them back into the playoffs... until he no longer could (clearly, that QB was trying to "mob" the coach rather than the coach running an unsustainable model) – yeah, 13-3 every year is great, but man THOSE were the days!"
this is laugh out loud foolishness, NO one wanted McCarthy to remain as HC, NO ONE, and McCarthy didn't hold Rodgers back, Ted THompson did.

I don't get people like you and a few others here that think Rodgers can will receivers open, can thread the needle to receivers who rarely run the same route consistently, any HS kid whos ever played WR knows the first thing taught is to run routes the same every time, timing matters, Rodgers, was expected to do what he was able to with the likes of Adams and a bunch of very raw low floor WR's that he had done years prior with a stable of the leagues best, sure blame McCarthy for not adjusting, fact is he didn't have much to adjust with or even the knowledge of how to do it, not many do, we got Lafluer who grew in a system that rely's more heavily on running the ball

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

now lets get to the meaty portion of your angst with me :lol: which I think is my lack of huggies for your boe crush Rashad Gary, I didn't like using a 12 slot on a position we had just spent a 100 mil. on in UFA when a very good DT was available, one who has produced well all 3 seasons since picked, and this year was snubbed for a PB selection.

Gary is playing well, but he still shows very raw tech. minus the bull rush and power play he still has trouble shedding blocks, and counter moves you'd expect from a 12 slot OLB, imo there is little comfort in the knowledge that several higher picked OLB's busted, plus several at other positions, so that means ranking around 15 or so in pass rush pressures and 8 sacks means Gary in his third year is a great pick doesn't jive with me, imho thats about average at best, still I'am happy he's doing that well, he could be as bad as Oliver, and agree his next few years could be even better, I simply would have went a diff. direction with that 12 slot pick.
What goes through your mind that tells you, "Hey! Let's bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I should bring up a topic I have harped on inaccurately and incessantly for the last 2.5 years!"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Let us all remember who it was that continually brought up his conspiracy theory that Rodgers tanked in 2018 to get McCarthy fired...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:35
who made &%$@ up about Rodgers?
who doesn't know which coach to root for?
:roll: I was from the beginning obviously referring to posts on the first page directly above the one that I made; it has nothing to do with you or anything you said. Seriously, try to make an effort.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:55
Let us all remember who it was that continually brought up his conspiracy theory that Rodgers tanked in 2018 to get McCarthy fired...
I spoke to what I observed on the field, rather then act as though Rodgers never even saw those outlet receivers, ( as you and others acted like he did ) my comments evolved around changes Rodgers had said we needed, I believe without doubt that Rodgers wanted changes including a new coach.

and his play under Lafluer makes my opinion obvious, he's always been great, Matts schemes have made him even better, the old schemes are what tanked :thwap:

and Labrev said I was a Gary hater, I simply answered him, actually it was none of your business though.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Dec 2021 12:20
Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2021 11:35
who made &%$@ up about Rodgers?
who doesn't know which coach to root for?
:roll: I was from the beginning obviously referring to posts on the first page directly above the one that I made; it has nothing to do with you or anything you said. Seriously, try to make an effort.
horse &%$@ Labrev, you quoted my post, you came looking to argue, called my a Gary hater, and acted because I stood up for McCarthy I must not respect Lafluer.

if your comments where directed at someone else then quote them.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Gary wasn't even mentioned in this thread until you brought him up!!! FFS man!

Also, for years you brought your Rodgers tanked to get McCarthy fired &%$@....