NFL Awards

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MLF getting more CoY love, this time from Sports Illustrated.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/la ... brilliance

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
24 Dec 2021 07:18
Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2021 07:08
paco wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:18

Are you actually serious?
I too am having a brain fart about who Bojo is... :oops:
Pssst….check out the ST lineup on punt plays.
:rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Dec 2021 07:19
MLF getting more CoY love, this time from Sports Illustrated.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/la ... brilliance
Lafluer is so humble, what matters the most to him is winning a SB, obviously he'd love to be voted COTY, but having his name mentioned along with Vince, Curly and the rest of our Championship winning coaches is the award he covets.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:
23 Dec 2021 06:18

Are you actually serious?
Oh for goodness sake!! :lol: :lol: We need a dunce hat emojie. :oops:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2021 11:41
APB wrote:
Pugger wrote:

You can use this dunce with a duncy hat: :vikings:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Dec 2021 13:15
Pugger wrote:
24 Dec 2021 11:41
APB wrote:

You can use this dunce with a duncy hat: :vikings:
Whew!! :rotf:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Despite colts winning I think Rodgers moved further ahead in mvp

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
25 Dec 2021 22:34
I think Rodgers moved further ahead in MVP, MLF moved further behind in CotY. But Kingsbury and Murray are officially eliminated from both

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Dec 2021 22:44
bud fox wrote:
I think Rodgers moved further ahead in MVP, MLF moved further behind in CotY. But Kingsbury and Murray are officially eliminated from both
I think to our critical eye, we think Lafleur coached a poor game. I mean honestly the offensive gameplan sucked so he probably really did.

But overall, he won the game. And thats what will be remembered for him...and thus HELP him in the COTY standings.

Couple nice notches to his belt today...

First and only HC in NFL history to win 12 games in all three of his first three seasons and..

now 7-0 at Lambeau in December.

I think those achievements give him a net positive today in the eyes of the CotY competition
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Dec 2021 22:59
YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:
I think to our critical eye, we think Lafleur coached a poor game. I mean honestly the offensive gameplan sucked so he probably really did.

But overall, he won the game. And thats what will be remembered for him...and thus HELP him in the COTY standings.

First and only HC in NFL history to win 12 games in all three of his first three seasons and..

I think those achievements give him a net positive today in the eyes of the CotY competition
If one looks at the Coach of the Year history .... its easy to notice a defective voting criteria. Lombardi won it once (1959), Holmgren never won it (Rhodes won it in 1995, Capers won it in 1996).

Nagy won it. :rotf:

The list of head scratchers goes on and on.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My issue is that a) he has a terrible challenge early in the game and b) our team really only moved the ball when Rodgers and Adam’s started doing their psychic thing together, which buoys the already-existing national narrative that MLF is only winning because he has Rodgers.

Packers fans mostly know that’s only partly true; that MLF is getting more out of Rodgers than previous coaches and enduring injuries like a boss. But I think last night was a strong reinforcement of that bias to the national narrative crowd.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
Yes, after one big run Taylor didn't do much in that game. Wentz had a nice game.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Dec 2021 06:47
Drj820 wrote:
25 Dec 2021 22:59
YoHoChecko wrote:

If one looks at the Coach of the Year history .... its easy to notice a defective voting criteria. Lombardi won it once (1959), Holmgren never won it (Rhodes won it in 1995, Capers won it in 1996).

Nagy won it. :rotf:

The list of head scratchers goes on and on.
It almost seems like the COY goes to the coach who surprises everyone after their team has success! :lol: After 2 13 win seasons nobody notices MLF now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Dec 2021 08:44
My issue is that a) he has a terrible challenge early in the game and b) our team really only moved the ball when Rodgers and Adam’s started doing their psychic thing together, which buoys the already-existing national narrative that MLF is only winning because he has Rodgers.

Packers fans mostly know that’s only partly true; that MLF is getting more out of Rodgers than previous coaches and enduring injuries like a boss. But I think last night was a strong reinforcement of that bias to the national narrative crowd.
I suspect we missed MVS last night. He at least can stretch the field better than anybody this side of #17.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
26 Dec 2021 09:35
I suspect we missed MVS last night. He at least can stretch the field better than anybody this side of #17.
Oh I agree. It's also wild how, unless I missed it, like that didn't even come up last night in the broadcast. I know he's not a household name nor all that productive; I know the WR unit is considered, reasonably, Adams and everyone else... but missing your #2 WR and 2 of your top 4 WRs (Cobb) and it doesn't even come up?

But for awards season, nuances rarely matter. It's the national narrative. And the nation sees a decent amount of Green Bay, but two nationally-televised, only-game-on-tv appearances were the Chiefs ("MLF can't win without Rodgers") and the Browns ("the Packers get lucky breaks, the refs side with them, and the offense is basically just Rodgers-Adams magic"). I think this confirms the award to Belichick, unless the Pats lose to the Bills this week, dropping 2 in a row. But maybe even then.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Speaking of Cobb, is he ever coming back? He even came back into the game after he got injured and hasn't been seen since.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Dec 2021 10:47
Speaking of Cobb, is he ever coming back? He even came back into the game after he got injured and hasn't been seen since.
Potentially in January. But it sounds like a significant injury.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Dec 2021 09:55
Pugger wrote:
26 Dec 2021 09:35
Oh I agree. It's also wild how, unless I missed it, like that didn't even come up last night in the broadcast. I know he's not a household name nor all that productive; I know the WR unit is considered, reasonably, Adams and everyone else... but missing your #2 WR and 2 of your top 4 WRs (Cobb) and it doesn't even come up?

But for awards season, nuances rarely matter. It's the national narrative. And the nation sees a decent amount of Green Bay, but two nationally-televised, only-game-on-tv appearances were the Chiefs ("MLF can't win without Rodgers") and the Browns ("the Packers get lucky breaks, the refs side with them, and the offense is basically just Rodgers-Adams magic"). I think this confirms the award to Belichick, unless the Pats lose to the Bills this week, dropping 2 in a row. But maybe even then.
the Aiker or Bucky did mention though that our RB's do a lot of weight dragging when running the ball, rarely ever do they get north of the LOS without having to break tackles, most (almost all) of there yrds are gained after first contact, while our OL get good grades pass pro ( some of there success is due to Rodgers ability to move in the pocket) I doubt it grades near as well with run blocking.

MVS simply has been out of the line up to often, if he strung a couple 2 or 3 games together with production comparable to the game with the Ravens and people would notice when he's not playing, we need him on the field, he's a big miss when he's not there.

Cleveland has a good defense, they flow to the ball, plug the gaps and rarely leave wide open spaces, glad we wont face them again, I take a win any way we can get it, it wasn't pretty, but it's still a mark in the win column :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://media1.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif
image.gif
image.gif (960 KiB) Viewed 380 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If Jonathan Taylor is a serious candidate for MVP, then shouldn’t Cooper Kupp also be in that conversation?

Jonathan Taylor
297 rush 1626 yds 336 rec yds 19 total TD

Cooper Kupp
132 rec 1734 yds 14 TD