Jaire Alexander to be activated from IR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Jaire Alexander to be activated from IR

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YES!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Probably just a mechanical move, but one step in the right direction, at least. The news is not so rosy on the Bak front.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There would be no reason to activate him if we didn't think he has a chance to play. He might not play, but I have to believe that the Packers believe, he is ready.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Dec 2021 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:04
There would be no reason to activate him if we didn't think we has a chance to play. He might not play, but I have to believe that the Packers believe, he is ready.
Of course, but no timeline on the optimism... this week? next week? playoffs? Super Bowl? Just my impatience looking for some clarity.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

They had to activate him this week or they would have to shut him down for the rest of the year. The activation is mechanical, but does imply they have hope he can eventually return.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Returning from months-long injury to cover Jefferson and Thielen seems like a tall order, but man could we use his help this week. That said, it would not surprise me if they hold off until the DET game, uber-cautious staff and all that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Thielen is out for year, FYI.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:21
They had to activate him this week or they would have to shut him down for the rest of the year. The activation is mechanical, but does imply they have hope he can eventually return.
Did not know that. Thank you.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

1) wonder what’s going on with keke. He wasn’t activated Sunday and also not on the injury report.

2) guess Bahk is taking another “throttle down” week? His situation does not seem good to me.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Trying to figure this one out. Why did we have to activate Alexander from IR today and didn't have to activate say, Z. Smith?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:55
Trying to figure this one out. Why did we have to activate Alexander from IR today and didn't have to activate say, Z. Smith?
Is Z actually practicing or just in GB?

I believe you have 3 weeks to activate a player from IR once they start practicing. This was Jaires third week. Not sure how z would be exempt from that if he’s actually been practicing. Maybe he has just been in town.

I could be wrong, but that’s my understanding.

But I do know for sure Jaire had to be activated today or he was going to be shut down for the year. I’ve read that many places.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:55
Because we designated Jaire for return so he could begin practicing. You get 3 weeks once that designation is made or the guy can no longer be activated for the duration of the season.

No such designation has been made, yet, for Z.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That would make sense. Thanks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Came in to say it is good news he isn't going to IR as the 3 weeks are up, but still no real indication he will play. But looks like we got that all figured out.

Although does say they do expect him to this year yet.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

At this point, I wonder with all 3 guys (Bak, Jaire, Z), if the Packers don't feel a ton of urgency considering the team is playing so well without them. I think if anything, the most urgency would be around Jaire just because the playoffs may feature games against Brady, Mahomes, Dak, etc. But in the end, they might just be thinking they can sprinkle them in if they choose since they are still the front runners to win the NFC.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We need them for depth of nothing else.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The “mystery” absentees are most likely new COVID-19 positives

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Dec 2021 14:50
At this point, I wonder with all 3 guys (Bak, Jaire, Z), if the Packers don't feel a ton of urgency considering the team is playing so well without them. I think if anything, the most urgency would be around Jaire just because the playoffs may feature games against Brady, Mahomes, Dak, etc. But in the end, they might just be thinking they can sprinkle them in if they choose since they are still the front runners to win the NFC.

They are needed. We have been winning but adding high level talent will only help. The margin of our wins is slight. Bak I think wont be himself but getting jaire and any snaps from Z in rotation is huge

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Labrev wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:35
Returning from months-long injury to cover Jefferson and Thielen seems like a tall order, but man could we use his help this week. That said, it would not surprise me if they hold off until the DET game, uber-cautious staff and all that.
I'd have to imagine they ease him in over a game or two, if he's even ready to go.

Also, Thielen to IR...