Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 12:31
The only reason why Brady has 7 rings is he has always had good defenses...
Ding, ding, ding! It's ridiculous how few times Brady has had below average or bad defenses. He's the luckiest modern era QB by far.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
30 Dec 2021 14:51
Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 12:31
The only reason why Brady has 7 rings is he has always had good defenses...
Ding, ding, ding! It's ridiculous how few times Brady has had below average or bad defenses. He's the luckiest modern era QB by far.
Luck. No. Now does QB play have an effect on the defense? I'm sure it does. How much? Well, take NE as an example. Are you going to tell me that Mac Jones's play is good enough to have the Pats defense at 17 ppg? Last year was New England's worst year on defense since Belichick took over. 22 ppg. That tells you how bad Newton played. He couldn't win with a good defense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Bucs werent a playoff team before he got to tampa and they had a lot of talent before he got there. Brady comes in and showed them how to win. Showed them the championship mindset needed to hold up a trophy. Showed even Arians how to come in and prepare for greatness everyday. He barked at his OLmen when they needed an adjustment as he was getting everyone to raise their standard of professionalism and preparation. I believe he learned alot of this from Bill Belichik. To Bradys credit, he was the perfect person to implement Bills vision on the field. He then went to tampa and implemented that vision successfully.

Credit where it is due.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Brady has been put in great situations but he has also converted. Many times. Great quarterback. There are better qbs e.g. Rodgers and Marino, but Brady has won which is most important for legacy.

Packers were caught off guard with how physical the bucs were and the wrs really helped Brady. I don't expect that again this this around.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Dec 2021 15:46
The Bucs werent a playoff team before he got to tampa and they had a lot of talent before he got there. Brady comes in and showed them how to win. Showed them the championship mindset needed to hold up a trophy. Showed even Arians how to come in and prepare for greatness everyday. He barked at his OLmen when they needed an adjustment as he was getting everyone to raise their standard of professionalism and preparation. I believe he learned alot of this from Bill Belichik. To Bradys credit, he was the perfect person to implement Bills vision on the field. He then went to tampa and implemented that vision successfully.

Credit where it is due.
Yeah, okay. Tampa's defense gave up 22 ppg last year. By far the worst defense Brady has ever played with.

But okay. So, we can credit Mac Jones with the Turn around in New England from last year?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 15:57
Drj820 wrote:

Credit where it is due.
Yeah, okay. Tampa's defense gave up 22 ppg last year. By far the worst defense Brady has ever played with.

But okay. So, we can credit Mac Jones with the Turn around in New England from last year?
Wake me up when Mac Jones wins a SB.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 15:57
Drj820 wrote:

Credit where it is due.

Question, if kork Cousins was the Bucs QB last year...do you believe Cousins comes to Lambeau and beats the Packers in the NFCCG?

I, emphatically, do not.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Or if you put Cousins and Brady on the Lions. I have a hunch on what QB would fare better.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
29 Dec 2021 16:13
NCF wrote:
29 Dec 2021 12:01
Getting those two back for Detroit, plus Alexander, IMO there is no stopping this team.
I have a feeling Bak won't be back before the playoffs.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

At this point in time I think we're better off with Patrick staying at center for the playoffs. He's playing pretty well and Myers being a rookie against playoff defenses would just make me uncomfortable.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

packman114 wrote:
30 Dec 2021 17:28
At this point in time I think we're better off with Patrick staying at center for the playoffs. He's playing pretty well and Myers being a rookie against playoff defenses would just make me uncomfortable.
I totally agree there. It's Patrick's for the rest of the year barring injury, IMO. Myers can be pencilled in as the 2022 starter.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 13:48
Simply pointing out the fact that when you consistently have a defense that holds the other team to 20 ppg or less, it's a lot easier for a QB to win. How many times has Rodgers had that? 3 times How many times has Brady? 15. Cousins. Once The worst defense Brady ever had, gave up 21.6 ppg during the year. Even Stafford wins 73% of his games when his defense only gives up 21 ppg. Cousins win 80% of those games. Rodgers 85%. The NFL norm for QB's winning at 21 ppg or less is around 80%. Go to 18 ppg and it goes up to 85%. Everyone praises Brady as the greatest of all time. Put on Detroit and let's see how he does.
I don't think I'm oversimplifying here. A good QB controls the ball for 35 minutes. A bad QB controls the ball for 25 minutes. Is it not possible to the point of certainty, that one of the reasons his defence concedes fewer points per game is because the opposing offence has fewer chances?

(And that's before we consider interceptions.)

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

dsr wrote:
30 Dec 2021 19:07
Raptorman wrote:
Simply pointing out the fact that when you consistently have a defense that holds the other team to 20 ppg or less, it's a lot easier for a QB to win. How many times has Rodgers had that? 3 times How many times has Brady? 15. Cousins. Once The worst defense Brady ever had, gave up 21.6 ppg during the year. Even Stafford wins 73% of his games when his defense only gives up 21 ppg. Cousins win 80% of those games. Rodgers 85%. The NFL norm for QB's winning at 21 ppg or less is around 80%. Go to 18 ppg and it goes up to 85%. Everyone praises Brady as the greatest of all time. Put on Detroit and let's see how he does.
I don't think I'm oversimplifying here. A good QB controls the ball for 35 minutes. A bad QB controls the ball for 25 minutes. Is it not possible to the point of certainty, that one of the reasons his defence concedes fewer points per game is because the opposing offence has fewer chances?

The most extra chances for an offense to have the ball in a game, barring onside kicks is 2, 3 in overtime games.

Interceptions are not as important as you think they are. Favre has 3 times as many (game-wise) as Rodgers and yet their win percentages are about the same.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Looking like I might get tickets to this game. Wife looking for a hotel. Now just hoping whatever I'm coming down with isn't covid and is gone by Sunday.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
30 Dec 2021 21:09
Looking like I might get tickets to this game. Wife looking for a hotel. Now just hoping whatever I'm coming down with isn't covid and is gone by Sunday.
If u weren't ill my parents live 6 blocks from Lambeau and will be out of town until Sunday afternoon.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 20:02
dsr wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

The most extra chances for an offense to have the ball in a game, barring onside kicks is 2, 3 in overtime games.

Interceptions are not as important as you think they are. Favre has 3 times as many (game-wise) as Rodgers and yet their win percentages are about the same.
Exactly. If a QB is so good that he just has 3 or 4 possessions each half, then the opposition get far fewer chances to score than if he regularly goes 3-and-out. If they produce stats on average number of possessions per game, I bet Brady (and by extension his opponents) is relatively lower than most.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

dsr wrote:
31 Dec 2021 05:02
Raptorman wrote:
30 Dec 2021 20:02
dsr wrote:

Exactly. If a QB is so good that he just has 3 or 4 possessions each half, then the opposition get far fewer chances to score than if he regularly goes 3-and-out. If they produce stats on average number of possessions per game, I bet Brady (and by extension his opponents) is relatively lower than most.
The worst thing that can happen to a D, any D, is to have the O go 3-and-out more than once a game. But this is Rodgers' MO. Deep pass on 1st down, overthrown. Handoff to Jones on the 2nd down, gains 2 yards. Pressured on 3rd down and incomplete.

Of course it could be a little different, AR could throw it away on first down if he gets pressure. As opposed to a small risk of an interception and getting a pass interference flag and a 1st down.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hehe
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pansies can't handle the cold!
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
31 Dec 2021 08:11
Pansies can't handle the cold!
the domers are staying home :lol:

sounds like Jefferson chewed out the team for lack of energetic play last week, riling up the team to play for a play off birth, we need to dash there hopes, I love to hear the vikings fans wailing in despair :lol: