Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Musta been Dalvin Cook's career worst day. 13 yards rushing, zero receiving. Utter humiliation: His center beat his production at receiving, and his statuesque QB beat him at rushing. :rotf: :aok: :clap: :clap:

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Fun, and funny, fact for the game. The Vikings second longest pass completion was to one of their offensive linemen.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Solid win. STs made some progress and might actually help in the playoffs. Defense stomped them. O's got to get into gear sooner but we've got the bye! Rest some guys next week and get a bunch of guys off meat wagon and we are going to roll!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 05:51
Musta been Dalvin Cook's career worst day. 13 yards rushing, zero receiving. Utter humiliation: His center beat his production at receiving, and his statuesque QB beat him at rushing. :rotf: :aok: :clap: :clap:
I don't understand why the Vikes didn't give Cook more than 9 carries all night, especially with Cousins out with COVID. I'm not complaining, mind you. :mrgreen:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pugger wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:00
salmar80 wrote:
I don't understand why the Vikes didn't give Cook more than 9 carries all night, especially with Cousins out with COVID. I'm not complaining, mind you. :mrgreen:
The Packers were rightly loading up the box with defenders. When they did try running Cook, he had very little success. Look at all those 3-and-outs in the 1st half. Before they knew it, they were down 20-3 and running wasn't much of an option.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

[mention]Bogey[/mention] sorry we didn't drop by last night! But was a fun time despite losing a few toes in the cold!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:00
salmar80 wrote:
7 rushes for 17 yards in the first half. That would be part of the reason. Then the 20-3 deficit would be another.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The highlight packages on the national networks keep showing the second Dillon TD, which don't get me wrong, was awfully satisfying, especially with him never going down.

But I'm still baffled by his first TD. Like I feel like he must have phased through other humans in order to emerge from the other side of the pile diving. He entered a pile. He's 250 pounds. And then he dove. He dove, from within the pile, through the bodies, and extended the ball out the other side.

Like I'm sorry, you are not solid matter if you can dive from inside an NFL pile and wind up on the other side of it. You're clearly moving through other forms of matter. The physics simply don't make sense to me.

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

Bogey wrote:
03 Jan 2022 04:03
jglovia wrote:
03 Jan 2022 03:14
Bogey wrote:
03 Jan 2022 00:06
Mighty quiet around here after midnight.

422FEA7B-D6F6-40F3-AC7D-D576B01CF67A.jpeg
Was super quiet when I got done around 3! Was a great game though
Wow. I feel like a slacker for leaving at 12:15
One of these games I will have to meet you in person! I might have already just didn't know it was you 😂

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 11:07
The highlight packages on the national networks keep showing the second Dillon TD, which don't get me wrong, was awfully satisfying, especially with him never going down.

But I'm still baffled by his first TD. Like I feel like he must have phased through other humans in order to emerge from the other side of the pile diving. He entered a pile. He's 250 pounds. And then he dove. He dove, from within the pile, through the bodies, and extended the ball out the other side.

Like I'm sorry, you are not solid matter if you can dive from inside an NFL pile and wind up on the other side of it. You're clearly moving through other forms of matter. The physics simply don't make sense to me.
We can see all the highlights on YouTube.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is an absolutely awesome play!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is what you don't see from the TV broadcast Exhibit A:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Newman brain fart.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:43

This is an absolutely awesome play!
This was my favorite play in the game. My roommate who doesn't really follow football couldn't understand why I was so into the replay and burst out laughing (at just how dominant it was) while watching it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »