Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:54
I remember thinking when this play happened…there is gonna be a flag, there’s gotta be a hold in there somewhere. The edge can’t be that wide open without a hold. :shock:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:52
The Newman brain fart.

MLF discussed this play very specifically in today's presser.

He didn't necessarily absolve anyone from a mental mistake, but said that's a concept that Harrison Smith showed which fooled the players into checking into the wrong check, and that was his fault for not coaching it up correctly, because they actually have a solution for that exact scenario that they checked away from and so they didn't need to make the adjustment.

I am not articulating this well, but basicaly MLF credits Harrison Smith and the defense for this play, for forcing a mistake that MLF hadn't coached his guys to look for, even though MLF has an answer to the problem

More specifically, the line thought Harrison Smith might be blitzing, so they made a check to shift one man over, but Smith didn't blitz, so Kelly stayed on his guy and Newman shifted over and had no one to block. It was unclear if it was Newman alone, or the whole line, or even Rodgers that missed this. Just said "the players." Looks like Patrick and Newman were both on board with jumping one man over.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 03 Jan 2022 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Saying Rodgers missed that throw is mind blowing dumb by that guy.

Perfect throw - RD could've made that catch much easier but made it way too hard.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
The Newman brain fart.

He didn't necessarily absolve anyone from a mental mistake, but said that's a concept that Harrison Smith showed which fooled the players into checking into the wrong check, and that was his fault for not coaching it up correctly, because they actually have a solution for that exact scenario that they checked away from and so they didn't need to make the adjustment.

I am not articulating this well, but basicaly MLF credits Harrison Smith and the defense for this play, for forcing a mistake that MLF hadn't coached his guys to look for, even though MLF has an answer to the problem

More specifically, the line thought Harrison Smith might be blitzing, so they made a check to shift one man over, but Smith didn't blitz, so Kelly stayed on his guy and Newman shifted over and had no one to block. It was unclear if it was Newman alone, or the whole line, or even Rodgers that missed this. Just said "the players." Looks like Patrick and Newman were both on board with jumping one man over.
I have seen Rodgers comment that Smith is one of the smartest and better defenders in the league - this would make sense.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
It legit looked like a Madden glitch where the ball went through the receiver

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
Saying Rodgers missed that throw is mind blowing dumb by that guy.

Perfect throw - RD could've made that catch much easier but made it way too hard.
Bud, you are soooo blinded by your desire to defend Rodgers at every turn you can't actually tell he is being sarcastic by saying Rodgers missed the throw by maybe 4 inches. Gain some perspective man. It was far from a knock on Rodgers.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jan 2022 18:14, edited 2 times in total.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

[media]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">can't take this stuff for granted <a href="https://t.co/g3sI3lHYl4">pic.twitter.co ... Yl4</a></p>— Ross Uglem (@RossUglem) <a href=" 3, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/media]

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:43

This is an absolutely awesome play!
This was my favorite play in the game. My roommate who doesn't really follow football couldn't understand why I was so into the replay and burst out laughing (at just how dominant it was) while watching it.
Would have expected a pancake by the puller but he was stoned. :bkw: :woohoo:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:11

Bud, you are soooo blinded by your desire to defend Rodgers at every turn you can't actually tell he is being sarcastic by saying Rodgers missed the throw by maybe 4 inches. Gain some perspective man.
He still is saying rodgers missed the throw. He didn't. It's just dumb even though he trying to cover it with 'by 4 inches'.

Every packer fan should defend Rodgers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:16
Pckfn23 wrote:

Bud, you are soooo blinded by your desire to defend Rodgers at every turn you can't actually tell he is being sarcastic by saying Rodgers missed the throw by maybe 4 inches. Gain some perspective man.
He still is saying rodgers missed the throw. He didn't. It's just dumb even though he trying to cover it with 'by 4 inches'.

He isn't actually saying he missed the throw... :roll: :thwap: He IS saying it is essentially a perfect throw.

He is defending Rodgers, unfortunately you are too blind to see it. It is astounding that it has come so far for you that you see a compliment as dissing him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

twitter guys who want to be "reliable info guys" shouldnt try to be "funny guys" in my opinion. Herman tries it too and it always annoys me. We follow for the info and the breakdowns, not the comedy routines.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
The Newman brain fart.

Do you mean Kendricks who is coming with the A gap blitz? Smith isn't in the play. I think MLF was referring to another play, because there really isn't anything tricky about the blitz by Kendricks. He doesn't even sugar.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jan 2022 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:43
twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1478146778784583682

This is an absolutely awesome play!
This was my favorite play in the game. My roommate who doesn't really follow football couldn't understand why I was so into the replay and burst out laughing (at just how dominant it was) while watching it.
That play really stood out on the broadcast view. I think my jaw dropped on that one. :hail:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:34
bud fox wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:16
Pckfn23 wrote:

He isn't actually saying he missed the throw... :roll: :thwap: He IS saying it is essentially a perfect throw.

He is defending Rodgers, unfortunately you are too blind to see it. It is astounding that it has come so far for you that you see a compliment as dissing him.
So that is the funny comment - saying he missed by 4 inches. Why not say "Tough for RD, its hard catching a perfect ball".

It is probably same reason why every comment on this twitter post is saying it is a perfect throw and RD's fault.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ross should drop the comedy routine or learn the rules of internet sarcasm. Internet sarcasm 101 clearly states that if you want to use sarcasm, don’t forget to add your emojis.

That said, Deguaras problem was he was wide open and not looking for the ball. He began to curl his route and looked up and couldn’t get his hands up in time. If he has his head turned to the QB as he approaches the GL he tracks that ball with ease. Great toss.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:50
Ross should drop the comedy routine or learn the rules of internet sarcasm. Internet sarcasm 101 clearly states that if you want to use sarcasm, don’t forget to add your emojis.

That said, Deguaras problem was he was wide open and not looking for the ball. He began to curl his route and looked up and couldn’t get his hands up in time. If he has his head turned to the QB as he approaches the GL he tracks that ball with ease. Great toss.
I think this is why he attempted the supinated hands catch. He didn’t have time to adjust to an easier pronated hands catch.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:54
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:50

I think this is why he attempted the supinated hands catch. He didn’t have time to adjust to an easier pronated hands catch.
Yup. He just didn’t expect the ball even tho he was wide open. When he looked up, there was the ball. You can tell he didn’t expect it because he actually starts to curl his route toward a defender when Rodgers had already threw it exacty in the middle of the two defenders. He dropped it because he started tracking it late.