Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:54
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 18:50
Ross should drop the comedy routine or learn the rules of internet sarcasm. Internet sarcasm 101 clearly states that if you want to use sarcasm, don’t forget to add your emojis.

That said, Deguaras problem was he was wide open and not looking for the ball. He began to curl his route and looked up and couldn’t get his hands up in time. If he has his head turned to the QB as he approaches the GL he tracks that ball with ease. Great toss.
I think this is why he attempted the supinated hands catch. He didn’t have time to adjust to an easier pronated hands catch.
He should consult with James Jones. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2022 17:54
Such an underrated aspect of what makes that such a great route and honesty not all that hard of a throw, is how much freaking space Davante has against the sideline. That is freaky rare to win up the sideline and have 7-8 yards of cushion to work with.

Don’t get me wrong, you can’t walk that ball down there better, but the window for a completable pass is actually quite big here.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

jglovia wrote:
03 Jan 2022 11:10
Bogey wrote:
03 Jan 2022 04:03
jglovia wrote:
03 Jan 2022 03:14

Was super quiet when I got done around 3! Was a great game though
Wow. I feel like a slacker for leaving at 12:15
One of these games I will have to meet you in person! I might have already just didn't know it was you 😂
Maybe next playoff game.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Is there really any chance at all that anybody not named Aaron Rodgers wins MVP at this point? All those other guys are playing great ball, no doubt. But what Rodgers is doing is exacting his will on other teams. And some of those even have good defenses.

Years ago, I wondered if he would be the first QB to go an entire season throwing ZERO interceptions. Of course, he has 4 of them now (2 in the first game). But the current streak that he is on is unequaled.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack wrote:
04 Jan 2022 00:59
Is there really any chance at all that anybody not named Aaron Rodgers wins MVP at this point? All those other guys are playing great ball, no doubt. But what Rodgers is doing is exacting his will on other teams. And some of those even have good defenses.

Years ago, I wondered if he would be the first QB to go an entire season throwing ZERO interceptions. Of course, he has 4 of them now (2 in the first game). But the current streak that he is on is unequaled.
He has the 4th best numbers (Kupp, Taylor, Brady), but is clearly most valuable to his team. Like you said, he is imposing his will in a way no other player is. Plus he is immunized like no other player.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Scott4Pack wrote:

I've long wanted for him to have a season with 0 INTs of his fault (not counting tipped passes and clear WR mistakes). He's literally the only QB in history who has a legitimate (but still small) chance at that. Shame he blew it in the first game this season.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 03:45
Scott4Pack wrote:

I've long wanted for him to have a season with 0 INTs of his fault (not counting tipped passes and clear WR mistakes). He's literally the only QB in history who has a legitimate (but still small) chance at that. Shame he blew it in the first game this season.
Well, I hope that this is the last time we we our starting QB and starting WR's not take a snap in the preseason. It would have been great for Love to also have had at least a half game with the starters too. It is good to not get anyone hurt in the preseason but guys get hurt in practice too. And it is good when the whole team does not lay an egg on the first regular season game.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

paco wrote:
03 Jan 2022 09:34
@Bogey sorry we didn't drop by last night! But was a fun time despite losing a few toes in the cold!
No worries Paco. It’s hit or miss whether I’m going to be at 109 or out and about. @RingoCStarrQB caught me at 109, @BF004 and @NCF ran into me randomly by the Oneida Gate. Great game despite the cold.
Last edited by Bogey on 05 Jan 2022 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Dalvin Cook recorded the worst RB performance of the week measured by Football Outsiders' standards:
image.png
image.png (34.27 KiB) Viewed 334 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Check out this play where Stokes starts 4 yards off the line of scrimmage, blitzes 7 yards deep into the backfield, then chases down Cook on the screen pass going to the other side of the field for a no gain (looks like half a yard, to be fair) tackle

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Barnes too! Evades 2 OL blocks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Don't know if this was already posted but DAYUM Lucas!
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 07:25
Don't know if this was already posted but DAYUM Lucas!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He rode him 20+ yds downfield AND THEN pancaked him! :shock:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Well, it was time for Anthony Barr to go home. :thumbr:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto