Here's Johnny!! (Next Mannion up) MIN Wk16

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Tough to make a call on this as I was at the game and haven't watched the TV copy yet. But I'm going to throw a vote at Barnes as well. As was previously mentioned, this was one of his good weeks. Very good tackling and was noticeably all over the field.

O-line a close 2nd. Seemed Rodgers was barely in trouble, but it was hard to tell how they did run blocking. Overall, dominant performance by the whole team. I can only think of 2 or 3 moments in the stadium where there was an audible negative reaction.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:34
O-line a close 2nd. Seemed Rodgers was barely in trouble, but it was hard to tell how they did run blocking. Overall, dominant performance by the whole team. I can only think of 2 or 3 moments in the stadium where there was an audible negative reaction.
Why was it hard to judge the run blocking. Jones had great holes. Dillon had great production. The team averaged like 5 yards per carry, and it wasn't all after contact like that Rams game.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:36
paco wrote:
04 Jan 2022 08:34
Why was it hard to judge the run blocking. Jones had great holes. Dillon had great production. The team averaged like 5 yards per carry, and it wasn't all after contact like that Rams game.
Based on my view and what I paid attention to, that's all. Was hard to see or didn't catch how the running lanes looked.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This week I feel like my pick, a last minute signing no-name returner who not only didn't mess up, but actually did only positive things, deserves some love. David Moore provided me with the only punt returns this season where I didn't have white knuckles from trepidation...

I'm teetering between Lazard, Barnes and the OL. I think I'll go Barnes. Two PDs is great for him. Made several tackles for short gains. Minny's running game went nowhere, and that doomed them to pass with a horrible QB.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 09:45
This week I feel like my pick, a last minute signing no-name returner who not only didn't mess up, but actually did only positive things, deserves some love. David Moore provided me with the only punt returns this season where I didn't have white knuckles from trepidation...
I know our bar is low for punt return and he gave us the season's best, but he also got totally stuffed on an indecisive return inside our own 20 on another attempt later in the 4th.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 09:56
salmar80 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 09:45
I know our bar is low for punt return and he gave us the season's best, but he also got totally stuffed on an indecisive return inside our own 20 on another attempt later in the 4th.
Have to agree here. Double caught/bobbled one of the punts as well. Not bad by any means, but not worthy of consideration sal. A salmon slap for you for even thinking it! :rotf: Sorry, the salmon thing is going to stick for a while now! We need an emoji!
RIP JustJeff

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Barnes it is for me. He played well above expectations. Dillon & O-line had great games but I've come to expect more from them. One decent punt return shouldn't qualify a guy to win, IMO.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Just watched the game, finally. O-Line for me.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Well I think Moore deserves some consideration. Certainly more than a fish slap. Should have had two penalties in his favor not just one. Two returns that blew away anything we've seen out of STs in a long time.

Barnes had a pick 6 he dropped and then dropped another pick the next series. Get that man some hands.

I'll give it to the no-name OL only one real mistake all day. Good pass blocking and good holes all day.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

We have a tie, with only 11 votes cast.

I'll wait until after work today to call this. Get yer votes in, folks! :beer2:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I thought Lazard should've gotten more love here but alas, my dry spell continues.

Both Jones and Dillon saw a lot of success running and the pass blocking was near flawless. Yeah, individually the RBs shined but it all started up front.

I'm going O-line.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yup. I was very hard on the Oline at the beginning of the month.

But they have really stepped up their game vs MN.

I am going Oline. Only real complaint is Newman did his patented stupid Newman play and Sheldon Richardson bested Nijman I believe twice.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Side note: I've watched that slapping salmon gif probably a bazillion times trying to determine if mohawk boy lost a tooth or those are salmon boogers flying through the air. :dunno:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
06 Jan 2022 08:00
Only real complaint is Newman did his patented stupid Newman play and Sheldon Richardson bested Nijman I believe twice.
I've already voted OL, but I just wanted to point out how absolutely wild it was seeing Richardson at edge. I wonder if they were like "this Nijmen guy is nimble AF but a little light in the pants. Let's bull rush him with our best DL and see what happens." Or if Richardson at edge is a regular part of their rotation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
05 Jan 2022 11:15
Well I think Moore deserves some consideration. Certainly more than a fish slap. Should have had two penalties in his favor not just one. Two returns that blew away anything we've seen out of STs in a long time.

Barnes had a pick 6 he dropped and then dropped another pick the next series. Get that man some hands.

I'll give it to the no-name OL only one real mistake all day. Good pass blocking and good holes all day.
thats why I voted for Moore, he's been just about the only bright spot we've seen from ST's all season, Crosby and Bork have both had some rough stretches.

but just to swing this one way or the other I'll switch my pick to OL, granted Rodgers helps them by getting the ball out fast, the group over all has played almost mistake free, open run lanes, and have kept the pocket clean.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Jan 2022 08:31
go pak go wrote:
06 Jan 2022 08:00
Only real complaint is Newman did his patented stupid Newman play and Sheldon Richardson bested Nijman I believe twice.
I've already voted OL, but I just wanted to point out how absolutely wild it was seeing Richardson at edge. I wonder if they were like "this Nijmen guy is nimble AF but a little light in the pants. Let's bull rush him with our best DL and see what happens." Or if Richardson at edge is a regular part of their rotation.
I have no idea. But I was surprised too and a bit alarmed after he beat him for the 2nd time.

I think Nijman is a great backup for us moving forward, but I sort of think we would be disappointed if we expect this guy to be in a starting role.

Still, having a career veteran LT backup who we pay $1 - $3 million each season is not a bad thing at all.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'll go O-line...

I'd like to give more love to Moore, but I just can't give @salmar80 the satisfaction :P :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi