General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This is a straight line.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 10:32
Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2022 10:16
WTF, why do you need a hurry spelled out any different then what it said, a hurry equals a pressure any time a QB is forced to react to it, again why would you think PFF determines it differently? you make no sense, your playing word games, and as I said all 3 players in that 004 vid hurried that QB, and what seems obvious to me is that thats not how PFR recorded that play.
Because what you said is not the definition from PFF. What you think is irrelevant. I want to know what PFF thinks it is. I didn't give you MY definitions, I gave you PFRs definitions. If you don't know how PFF defines it, how can you know your definition aligns with them...

We don't know how PFR recorded the play, so you can't say that is not how they did. They haven't released their stats from this past week.
since nothing I've brought satisfies your opinion of what a hurry is and that a hit is not a hurry or pressure as PFR contends from a clip that you brought a page back.

how do you think PFF determines a hurry? since they tabulate 40+ % more hurry's then PFR, would it be as soon as the rusher wins his 1x1's? you have went out of your way here page after ever loving page to defend PFR's way of doing it, seriously I had to catch my breath with the comment that a hit is not a pressure.

again PFF determines a hurry the same way as PFR except they actually feel as though a hit is a hurry and constitutes a pressure count.

ya know this comes right back to simply watching the play, if you need a data service to tell you what a hurry is then thats on you, I have no problem with that, a person should respect there limitations, it's all good Buddy :hide: :rotf: can you tell that I'am joking a little here. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
04 Jan 2022 10:50
This is a straight line.
easy for you to say :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

2022 Packers Opponents as of now:

Home
:bears: :lions: :vikings: :cowboys: :giants: :patriots: :jets: :titans: (and then either the Cardinals or Rams...whoever wins the NFC West)

Away
:bears: :lions: :vikings: :eagles: :footballteam: :bills: :dolphins: :buccaneers:

The only opponent we do not yet know is if we will host either the Rams or Cardinals.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2022 11:07
since nothing I've brought satisfies your opinion of what a hurry is and that a hit is not a hurry or pressure as PFR contends from a clip that you brought a page back.
You haven't brought anything that defines a hurry. Nothing. I don't want your opinion because it doesn't matter in this instance, just like mine does not. This isn't about opinion at all, this is about the verifiable fact that you HAVE NOT brought anything that you claim. You are saying things that are just not true.

A hit can be a pressure on PFR, if the QB is knocked to the ground. This has been explained.
how do you think PFF determines a hurry? since they tabulate 40+ % more hurry's then PFR, would it be as soon as the rusher wins his 1x1's? you have went out of your way here page after ever loving page to defend PFR's way of doing it, seriously I had to catch my breath with the comment that a hit is not a pressure.
I don't know how they determine a hurry because I have not seen anything at all that would tell how they count it. I haven't defended anything. I have given you facts of the situation. You simply can't grasp the reality of the situation.
again PFF determines a hurry the same way as PFR except they actually feel as though a hit is a hurry and constitutes a pressure count.
You are literally making this up. Down right fabrication. This is your opinion, not what PFF actually does. Do not pass it off as such. What you think is happening is not relevant.

Can we agree on this:
PFR and PFF count pressures differently. Neither is right and neither is wrong.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:23
Yoop wrote:
You haven't brought anything that defines a hurry. Nothing. I don't want your opinion because it doesn't matter in this instance, just like mine does not. This isn't about opinion at all, this is about the verifiable fact that you HAVE NOT brought anything that you claim. You are saying things that are just not true.

A hit can be a pressure on PFR, if the QB is knocked to the ground. This has been explained.
I don't know how they determine a hurry because I have not seen anything at all that would tell how they count it. I haven't defended anything. I have given you facts of the situation. You simply can't grasp the reality of the situation.
You are literally making this up. Down right fabrication. This is your opinion, not what PFF actually does. Do not pass it off as such. What you think is happening is not relevant.

Can we agree on this:
yes we can, PFR refuses to count a hit as a hurry unless the hit causes the QB to be knocked down, as long as you accept that, I would never go along with that, not ever.

and you still want to act disengenious when it comes to realizing that a hurry is simply getting a QB to react prior to the time he'd like to, why you'd even think PFF uses some other formula is beyond comprehension, they don't, I've went out of my way to provide you with PFF's common sense explanations, but sense none of that matters to you I think we should end this conversation, if ya want the last word as you always do, go for it.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I define a "hurry" as increase in mouse wheel speed when scrolling through an idiotic PFF vs PFR conversation. A "QB hit" is when I mistakenly read a comment about it and get hit in the brain by the stupidity of it all. A sack is when I'm so drunk that I comment on it, and immediately get swarmed by 260+ pound redundancies.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:36
yes we can, PFR refuses to count a hit as a hurry unless the hit causes the QB to be knocked down, as long as you accept that
Why would I accept something that is false. PFR could register a hit as a hurry if it forced the QB to throw before they were ready, which would be a pressure. It would not be a hit AND a hurry and thus 2 pressures. It's literally in their definition that has been posted several times.
a hurry is simply getting a QB to react prior to the time he'd like to, why you'd even think PFF uses some other formula is beyond comprehension
That is your definition. DO NOT equate your definition to PFFs. For a service that employs multiple people to grade, take stats, and review, they must have a standard definition. That can't rely on everyone's interpretation of what they believe it is. They would be wholly unreliable, if they did.

What happened is you found that you could not dig up their definition so now you fabricate one from your own opinion and try to pass it off as theirs or common sense. There really is no issue if it can't be found. We just can not then analyze a play and come to a reasonable conclusion on what PFF would have thought. It doesn't make them wrong in their stats.
I've went out of my way to provide you with PFF's common sense explanations
You DID NOT provide anything of the sort from PFF. You provided us with with YOUR explanation. Your opinion and explanation of what a pressure is, it irrelevant.

PFF - Counts pressures in an undisclosed manner, but is probably similar to the this definition of a QB under pressure: "Under pressure passing is any time the quarterback is disturbed from his normal throwing motion from set up to release, or anytime a pressure is registered on a given passing play."

PFR - Counts Pressure as this:
QB Pressures = hurries + knockdowns + all sack plays (half and full for players, just full sacks for teams)
Hurries - QB threw the ball earlier than intended or chased out of the pocket
QB Knockdowns - QB hit the ground after the throw
Sack - Official since 1982, based on play-by-play, game film and other research since 1960

This would easily explain the discrepancies their numbers. They define it differently. It does not make either right or either wrong.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Jan 2022 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:36
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:23
Yoop wrote:

Can we agree on this:
yes we can, PFR refuses to count a hit as a hurry unless the hit causes the QB to be knocked down, as long as you accept that
Yoop what you stated just can't happen. A hit that forces the QB to be knocked to the ground after the ball was thrown would never be counted as a hurry for that player. It would be counted as a knockdown. (which is also known as a QB hit). A Knockdown/QB Hit is a pressure. But it is not a hurry.

Again.

Pressures = Hurries + Knockdown + Sack/Assisted Sack

What you just tried explaining can't actually happen. A Hit that is only counted as a "hurry" after the QB only goes to the ground would never, ever be called a hurry. It would be called a QB Knockdown/QB Hit. Still a Pressure. But would never be a hurry because that would be double dipping.

An individual defender cannot generate more than 1 pressure per play. But the defense as a team can generate more than one pressure per play (multiple players getting credit for a pressure on the same play).

And if you are talking about a hit only being counted as a hurry (because someone else brought the QB to go down)...you are wrong there too. For the 100th time, PFR defines a hurry as follows:
image.png
image.png (25.51 KiB) Viewed 492 times
image.png
image.png (12.36 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Guys, just stop. Let someone be wrong on the internet without having to correct and explain. At the very least, put all this in some separate thread that I can avoid. None of this, no matter how it starts, is Packers news; and certainly not of the general variety

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yes, please, just end this. You've all taken this as far as it can go and was ever imaginable. Time to let it go.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

<snip>

Mod edit: this conversation is over

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2022 13:01
Yes, please, just end this. You've all taken this as far as it can go and was ever imaginable. Time to let it go.
I'm prepared to #letitgoroll anyone who tries to continue this madness...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2022 13:17
<snip>

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
27 Dec 2021 17:29
Just wondering. Didn't Jordy and Driver get third contracts?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
05 Jan 2022 03:02
NCF wrote:
27 Dec 2021 17:29
Just wondering. Didn't Jordy and Driver get third contracts?
Driver… yes, although I can’t find specific details. It wasn’t a big 3rd contract, though.

Jordy, no. He was only here for his rookie deal and 2nd contract.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Driver got 4 contracts and a 1 year deal. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-p ... iver-3450/

Nelson got 3 contracts - 4 year rookie deal, 3 year prove it deal, and a 4 year almost $10 million per contract. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-rai ... lson-4999/

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Let's just pretend the post meant "Packers Hall of Famers" :mrgreen:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »