NFL Awards

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm noticing a pattern there...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2022 13:04
I'm noticing a pattern there...
Not much gets passed you :mrgreen:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Check this dope out ^^^ from 2019.

Probably not enough of these guys for it to matter, but they do exists..
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Jan 2022 19:10

Rodgers hurt his team so that they won 13 games this year. :lol:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

PS. While it would be complete BS if Rodgers doesn’t win the award, there’s a part of me that would love to see the chip on his shoulder if he were so fortunate to be playing in the Super Bowl the next night.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Jan 2022 20:04
PS. While it would be complete BS if Rodgers doesn’t win the award, there’s a part of me that would love to see the chip on his shoulder if he were so fortunate to be playing in the Super Bowl the next night.
Ohhh turn that victim mentality into anger. Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to the dark side...
image.png
image.png (154.44 KiB) Viewed 514 times
fully rooting for this now

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Brady MVP
LaFleur CoY
Gutekunst EoY
Packers Super Bowl Champions
Rodgers SBMVP

I'd take that!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I too want Rodgers to get snubbed.

But then I will have to read the word "jab" on this message so board so much that I think it will stop me from coming here.

So just win both the MVP and SBMVP please Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

I mean the guy is a Bears fan and a Bears writer in Chicago.

This seems to have more to do with his city location than it does regarding Rodgers whole saga this year.

The Amos and Clinton-Dix tweet just soldifies why he says what he says.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Just another example of why NFL Awards voting needs to be overhauled.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Former Packer Casey Hayward weighs in on Hub Arkush's voting opinion:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

While I also don't agree with Aaron's decisions off the field, there's a difference between how off the field decisions affect football teams, and I don't believe Rodgers' decisions have hampered this team other than him missing the KC game. With that said, if he's really allergic to a component of the vaccine, then you can't even fault him for that.

I've always thought he's kind of a jerk, but here we are with the Packers with the best record in the league and Rodgers is playing better than every other QB in the league right now. So nothing else should play into MVP voting.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If Rodgers had been fully vaccinated and still missed the KC game due to Covid - a scenario that has played out countless times with numerous players throughout the league this year - would anybody still hold that against him?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean, I don't see the controversy here, honestly.

There are 50 voters. They aren't all supposed to, and certainly don't have to, have the same voting criteria and thought process. We do rank the roster here, and Here's Johnny and all sorts of things where we tell the voting forum members to come up with their own criteria and justify it, and we all get a say in the poll just the same, whether people agree with our reasoning or not. If they disagree, they simply outvote us.

50 voters. Some have weird ideas. That's fine. If these votes were all static and unanimous they'd be boring. Rodgers certainly hasn't had the type of statistical year that screams "no one but he may win, and it must be unanimous." He's just had an excellent football year worthy of winning MVP--as have one or three other players, depending on how you personally define "value."

Plus, there are rules about suspended players winning awards that were put into place after, I think, Peppers won defensive rookie of the year despite a 4-game PED suspension. If there can be rules about conduct and its impact on awards, there can be opinions about conduct and its impact on the awards. Don't get all fussy because there's A GUY you disagree with who gets a vote. You should disagree with some voters! That's why they have a lot of people vote!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
05 Jan 2022 10:16
If Rodgers had been fully vaccinated and still missed the KC game due to Covid - a scenario that has played out countless times with numerous players throughout the league this year - would anybody still hold that against him?
Probably not and like I said, if he truly knew that he was allergic to a component of the vaccine, then it shouldn't be held against him at all other than the fact that he was very misleading in his press conference.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Jan 2022 10:23
Don't get all fussy because there's A GUY you disagree with who gets a vote
Im not fussy about the guy. I dont think the one guy will have an impact on the overall result. However, I do wonder how the guy has a vote. He seems very out of touch and like a dummy. But besides that, I asked yesterday opinions on whether off field Rodgers drama or his opinions on things going on in the world would impact whether people voted for him for MVP or not...I shared the article about this guy as a..."hey look, i found somebody!" So its AT LEAST one.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
05 Jan 2022 10:16
If he had vaxxed it's possible even likely that he wouldn't have missed the KC game

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 10:35
YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Jan 2022 10:23
Don't get all fussy because there's A GUY you disagree with who gets a vote
Im not fussy about the guy. I dont think the one guy will have an impact on the overall result. However, I do wonder how the guy has a vote. He seems very out of touch and like a dummy. But besides that, I asked yesterday opinions on whether off field Rodgers drama or his opinions on things going on in the world would impact whether people voted for him for MVP or not...I shared the article about this guy as a..."hey look, i found somebody!" So its AT LEAST one.
Oh yeah, it's worth discussing and I'm not mad you brought it. I pointed out Peter King and Dan Grazziano--two people who have publicly criticized Rodgers but still said they'd vote for him because I agreed with you that there might be some, but that those two weren't in that camp, I doubted there'd be many. I think there will be people like this guy.

But, I mean, the NFL media picture has a bunch of guys who are hacks and talking heads and homers or agitators. All groups do. It's fine to be like "oh look, here's a guy who holds the opinion I figured might be going around," and it's another thing to be like "that clown shouldn't have a vote" because of it.

Like, who cares? It's a consensus type award which means you need all types voting.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
05 Jan 2022 05:54
I mean the guy is a Bears fan and a Bears writer in Chicago.
The Arkush family ran Pro Football Weekly publication for decades, it was a respected source of info in the pre-internet days.
But when the world turned digital, they could not adapt and ran Pro Football Weekly into the ground ( bankruptcy)

So Hub is now a bitter has-been and apparently he needs some attention - so he's pandering to the Chicago fan base in a desperate attempt to be relevant. And he's getting his 15 minutes of fame this week. His co-idiot is Greg Gabriel, another old timer who the game has passed by. He spent years as a scout/personnel guy, but he too is fading into history, going from Giants-> Bears-> XFL as he desperately tries to squeeze a little more out of his football career. If you look at his work though, its just not very good anymore and the HaHa comments are but one of many foolish takes he's espoused in recent times.

Neither one of them is worth worrying about and I suspect Hub will lose his AP vote- not solely because of his Rodgers comments, but because he is an old man out of touch with reality. Its time for the AP to retire him and his recent comments simply added some urgency to putting the second date on his NFL tombstone.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:

LO fricken L

:rotf: