General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:58
Guys, just stop. Let someone be wrong on the internet without having to correct and explain. At the very least, put all this in some separate thread that I can avoid. None of this, no matter how it starts, is Packers news; and certainly not of the general variety
Yes, all of this makes my head hurt. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 12:26
with.out. Z!

Unreal.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
05 Jan 2022 11:42
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 12:58
Guys, just stop. Let someone be wrong on the internet without having to correct and explain. At the very least, put all this in some separate thread that I can avoid. None of this, no matter how it starts, is Packers news; and certainly not of the general variety
Yes, all of this makes my head hurt. :lol:
how do you think I feel? :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 12:26
fantastic, I remember reading that till Baltimore broke the 40% barrier several years back they where the first to do so since PFF started doing pressure stats about 15 years ago, now every year someone does it.

this is why I like PFF, they like us :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Putting in the work!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Jan 2022 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Jan 2022 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
06 Jan 2022 06:43
How does such a thing even come close to happening? This is a level of mastery that seems unequalled. Or else, the opponents in our division are just very bad!

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
06 Jan 2022 07:19
NCF wrote:
How does such a thing even come close to happening? This is a level of mastery that seems unequalled. Or else, the opponents in our division are just very bad!

;-)
Rodgers is still risk averse. Needs to take more chances! If we had Favre we'd win more!
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 07:26
Scott4Pack wrote:
NCF wrote:

;-)
Rodgers is still risk averse. Needs to take more chances! If we had Favre we'd win more!
haha, that reminds me of this comment I read years ago " if your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space, problem is the chance of falling off the edge is very high :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 07:26
Scott4Pack wrote:
NCF wrote:

;-)
Whoa! I really like the notion put forth. I think we all recall the struggles Mike Holmgren had trying to reign Brett #4 in. "NO MORE ROCKET PASSES" .... a classic film clip. Maybe LaCoach has Rodgers #12 on a short leash.... :idn:
My avatar is my avatar. 8-)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The funny thing is Rodgers is the most accurate deep passer in the league this year. Probably not the most prolific. But when he does sling it, he's good.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 07:54
The funny thing is Rodgers is the most accurate deep passer in the league this year. Probably not the most prolific. But when he does sling it, he's good.
It's crazy on his deep throw turnaround.

The first 10 weeks his deep ball was really bad. But man....these last 7 weeks. He's back to 2020 form.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 11:32

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Compiled on Tuesday:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/321 ... e-rankings

Interesting when you scroll and look at where we are at pass rush win rate.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is one of those frustrating things in which I am not expert enough (nor do I have the narrowly-focused attention span while watching football) to evaluate OL play by myself. I need analysts to guide me through highlight and lowlight plays and trust that they are watching enough of the game not to just make evaluations of highlights and lowlights.

So advanced metrics on OL play seem appealing.

But I also look at some of the lists and I wonder "is this a good stat? Does it credibly correlate with how well guys are actually playing? Would coaches agree?

One thing I find interesting, is that Billy Turner (as an example) is a guy who his coaches and I believe Rodgers have even said of him that it isn't always pretty but he gets the job done. So like a coach, analyst, or even a casual observer might look and be like "his hands are in the wrong place, his footwork isn't clean" and say he's not playing well. But a pass block win rate would be like "yeah but his guy doesn't affect the QB, does he?" and so he's playing well.

Anyway my point is that I can't evaluate the play myself and I prefer metrics and stats; but most of the metrics and stats are outsiders evaluating things and are fairly new, so I have no real trust in how telling they are.