Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 11:50
That said, the Packers are 8-0 at home this year
Only team in the NFL undefeated at home.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
04 Jan 2022 11:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Jan 2022 11:50
That said, the Packers are 8-0 at home this year
Only team in the NFL undefeated at home.
Beat ya to it...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm looking at some teams around the league with a lot of trade capital and no QB and I am FLOORED at how bad some of these Giants contracts are. Not that they can't finagle. But Gettleman has doled out star quality money to a bunch of above-average non-difference makers and it is nuts.

The trio of Adoree Jackson, James Bradbury, and Logan Ryan in the secondary account for $50 million in 2022 cap space.

Bake Martinez has a $14 million cap number

Leonard Williams who admittedly should/could be a star accounts for $27 million.

Kenny Golladay is at $21 million.

The Giants are on the hook in 22 for:
James Bradbury
Adoree Jackson
Logan Ryan
Blake Martinez
Leonard Williams, and
Kenny Golladay

For basically the same amount as the Packers are for
Za'Darius Smith
David Bakhtiari
Kenny Clark
Preston Smith
Jaire Alexander, and
Aaron Jones

Like the Packers' list is $2 million more in total and contains almost exclusively pro bowl players from the past two years

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I can't say I trust ABs version of events. I find it hard to believe the Bucs would go into that level of detail and lie about it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Apparently Arians is holding an unscheduled press conference today. :munch: :munch: :munch:

Is this not poetic justice?!

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 12:02
Apparently Arians is holding an unscheduled press conference today. :munch: :munch: :munch:

Is this not poetic justice?!
It totally is. Watching that pretentious douche get annoyed at all this drama is great! Very much deserved.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 12:36
I think the truth is somewhere between the two stories.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Arians give me bad guy vibes. I dont trust him. The way hes handled this entire thing has been mud on his face in my opinion, and i dont think the media has been as hard on him as they should be.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Arians is a huge douche, but it is more than him, it is the entire organization. I trust their statement more that a statement from a known untrustworthy person. All it takes is 1 person out of many to blow up the organization's take on events, if a lie.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Jan 2022 19:48
Arians is a huge douche, but it is more than him, it is the entire organization. I trust their statement more that a statement from a known untrustworthy person. All it takes is 1 person out of many to blow up the organization's take on events, if a lie.
At this point, who has more to lose?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

since when did we let morons like AB tell coaches what to do, there is nothing physically wrong with AB that would have stopped him from playing, if ya can do jumping jacks on your way to the locker room then you can play, why blame anyone but AB, he's been a problem every where he's been, Brady imo like Rodgers did with Cobb pushed for Tampa to bring AB aboard, this isn't a Ariens problem, he's tasked with winning football games, not baby sitting some ego centric jerk.

can anyone picture some player telling Vince Lombardi I'am not playing? same thing Ariens did, get your expletive out of here.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Uncovering the lie, if it is one, would mean not only crossing the organization and Arians, but also TB12. Arians is the HC but Brady owns the locker room. You cross Brady and you’re essentially finished in Tampa. Any whistleblower would have to know they’re putting their career in serious jeopardy if they uncover that hypothetical truth.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't the majority of the truth will be that tough to uncover here.

If AB is serious that he is truthful, he and his attorney will be able to disprove the Buc's theory pretty quick about missed doctors appointments to review status of injury to put on IR and get fully paid.

There should be a pretty good paper trail to go off of.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
08 Jan 2022 09:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
Uncovering the lie, if it is one, would mean not only crossing the organization and Arians, but also TB12. Arians is the HC but Brady owns the locker room. You cross Brady and you’re essentially finished in Tampa. Any whistleblower would have to know they’re putting their career in serious jeopardy if they uncover that hypothetical truth.
Always an anonymous source at a reporter's finger tips. I can't say I trust a person who is known to be less than truthful. He also has nothing to lose by lying. On the other hand, he might believe what he is saying, and is completely out of touch with what actually happened.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2022 09:18
APB wrote:
08 Jan 2022 09:02
Pckfn23 wrote:
Always an anonymous source at a reporter's finger tips. I can't say I trust a person who is known to be less than truthful. He also has nothing to lose by lying. On the other hand, he might believe what he is saying, and is completely out of touch with what actually happened.
I don’t think an anonymous bringer of truth would get much traction. But yeah, I agree with what you’re getting at with AB especially the part of him actually believing what he’s saying.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Pass rusher Shaq Lawson available if he clears waivers. Could join a playoff team and play as long as he's not claimed. If he is he can't play in the post season.

Any interest?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Depends on Z, i do like Garvin a lot. But Tipa is bad. If we are banking on Tipa at all, yes, please upgrade.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

if you get him on the wire do you owe him the full 9m or just a prorated amount out of that for week 18 and then some playoff checks?

If all 9m, i bet he clears waivers and def signs with a contender. Would be cool if it was us if we could make it happen.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23