Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Jan 2022 19:33
lake shark wrote:
05 Jan 2022 19:03
Um no. Amon-Ra St. Brown, TJ Hockenson, Sewell, Charles Harris and their RBs are all good building blocks.
I actually LOVE their 2021 draft
The 2020 Ravens followed Packers-huddle.com's mock drafts
The 2021 Lions followed Packers-huddle.com's mock drafts
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Goff looks questionable to play this week. I’m still hoping to see a Love-TBLS shootout, Love and our backups vs TBLS and their starters, outside of a couple series by Rodgers and the starters.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
05 Jan 2022 19:52
Goff looks questionable to play this week. I’m still hoping to see a Love-TBLS shootout, Love and our backups vs TBLS and their starters, outside of a couple series by Rodgers and the starters.
I'll say it right now: if TBLS outplays Love badly in the second half, I'm taking a week off this board :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lake shark wrote:
05 Jan 2022 19:03
BF004 wrote:
05 Jan 2022 17:29
Just no one say ‘I like what the lions are doing’.

If you mean it’s cool they have a lot of draft picks, that’s one thing. But they are competing for the 2nd pick in the draft, they don’t have a QB, they are an all around bad team. There is simply nothing to like.

I’d maybe count 3 starters on that team if we combine rosters, Ragnow, Brockers and probably some LB over Barnes. I’ll even give them a 4th for their long snapper whoever he might be.

They literally need about 20 new starters including QB, they are not headed in the right direction.
Um no. Amon-Ra St. Brown, TJ Hockenson, Sewell, Charles Harris and their RBs are all good building blocks.
Ok, forgot about Hock. TE, center and second off ball LB. 3 least important positions in football.

I do like Amon Ra; but still, they need just about everything other than TE, Tackles and Center.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I haven't watched much Lions football this year, but MLF was asked about their 7-man defensive front, which :shock: , and he responded that the Lions will pressure the QB more than any team they've faced this year (which I think meant bring pressure/blitz, not succeed at it, but still...) and how they needed to put an emphasis on protection when they do throw the ball.

Love, against KC, was like 3 times better when he set up and delivered in the pocket than when he was pressured and his feet went frantic and his arm just looked like it panicked.

So maybe I'm going to adjust downward any expectations of him this time around.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 00:10
Ok, forgot about Hock. TE, center and second off ball LB. 3 least important positions in football.

I do like Amon Ra; but still, they need just about everything other than TE, Tackles and Center.
So what you're saying is that the Lions are basically the hypothetical team in the WAR analysis in which all of their players are "replacement" level and they win 2.5-3 games. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 12:40
Yeah, he specifically said he'd practice 2 days this week, most likely, and talked specifically about the Thursday practice.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

“All our guys that are playing, which is the majority of our team, they have to go in with the mindset that they’re going to play the entire game,” LaFleur said Wednesday. “As far as where that goes, and if and when we decide to pull some guys, it’s going to be totally a feel-like thing than having a concrete plan. But the message to our team is, and this is how we truly feel, is we’re going to Detroit to win a football game.”

“We did some studies in terms of how other teams have fared when going into the final week of the season that had a bye, and it was overwhelming in favor of giving the guys at least some time,” LaFleur said. “You weigh that information, and you also talk to your players, and these guys want to play. So that’s how we’re going to go about it.”

“We want to keep that momentum going into the postseason,” LaFleur said.

“You have to go with your gut in terms of how the game is going. We are going with one mindset: to go compete to the best of our ability, and win a football game,” LaFleur said.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-co ... 20273.html
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Despite the happy talk around Bahk, he did not practice today.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 16:18
It was a planned no practice. It was a conditioning day for him. LaFleur actually said to not freak out when it was down here did not practice...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 16:20
Drj820 wrote:
It was a planned no practice. It was a conditioning day for him. LaFleur actually said to not freak out when it was down here did not practice...
Yep. Plan, as communicated earlier this week, was to go again today and see where we are and make a decision on Saturday. I really think he plays a couple series at minimum.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
07 Jan 2022 11:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 16:20
Drj820 wrote:
Yep. Plan, as communicated earlier this week, was to go again today and see where we are and make a decision on Saturday. I really think he plays a couple series at minimum.
Same. LaFleur was also being pretty coy about the whole thing, in a funny way, so I definitely think if everything works out today, he is in on Sunday.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bring in Jaire as nickel/dime back in obvious passing downs. Just wanna see him get 15-20 snaps really. Don't need him trying to take on a pulling guard on a running play with that shoulder though.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
07 Jan 2022 12:43
Bring in Jaire as nickel/dime back in obvious passing downs. Just wanna see him get 15-20 snaps really. Don't need him trying to take on a pulling guard on a running play with that shoulder though.
I think it all depends on if the shoulder is fully healed. He's been out for 3 months so he might be good to go at this point.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
07 Jan 2022 12:43
Speaking of pulling... there is a big muscle on the back of the upper leg that helps one bend their knee... let's not be pulling that, either.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Interesting... despite the least amount of fanfare of the injured guys, LaFleur mentions directly that he expects Josh Myers to play on Sunday.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm pretty good with this. Between Z, Jaire, and Cobb... if they are ready in the playoffs, they play and they will help us win. Bak and Myers are really the two guys I will feel much better about getting some reps with the #1 offense, first.

Read More. Post Less.