Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
08 Jan 2022 14:09
go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2022 08:24
wallyuwl wrote:
08 Jan 2022 00:26

You know it has a roof, right?

It was great for Wrestlemania, though.
I know it has a roof. I've been in it.

In the American-English language we would call this an indoor stadium. But it's still a stadium.
Sorry Packers fans. I've never been a fan of indoor stadiums......the disdain began at the Kingdome. Way too sterile for both baseball and football. Sometimes amazingly loud.....but always too sterile. Suites with no open windows .... been there done that twice at Lambeau ..... no more no more.
I'm getting too old to sit out in the cold for 3+ hours. :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I hope Amari Rodgers looks like an NFL player tomorrow.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jan 2022 23:52
I hope Amari Rodgers looks like an NFL player tomorrow.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

His only hope is to slim up this offseason, get quicker and build confidence going into camp next year. He needs that "transformation"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
08 Jan 2022 17:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2022 08:24

I know it has a roof. I've been in it.

In the American-English language we would call this an indoor stadium. But it's still a stadium.
Sorry Packers fans. I've never been a fan of indoor stadiums......the disdain began at the Kingdome. Way too sterile for both baseball and football. Sometimes amazingly loud.....but always too sterile. Suites with no open windows .... been there done that twice at Lambeau ..... no more no more.
No you are not getting too old to sit out in the cold for 3+ hours. I can't wait to get back there for a playoff game. :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
09 Jan 2022 08:24
Pugger wrote:
08 Jan 2022 17:21
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

No you are not getting too old to sit out in the cold for 3+ hours. I can't wait to get back there for a playoff game. :lol:
I froze my keister off more than a few times at Lambeau over the years. Why do you think we retired to Florida? ;) :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2022 16:41
Crazy how abnormally long his recovery was.
Yes, and now lets hope for no setbacks, no soreness, and that he can play a full game in 2 weeks.

I wonder where Nijman will play in the playoffs. He clearly is a much better LT than any Packer not named Bakh (Jenkins does not count, he is on IR). Would he be the best RT going forward? In any event, Nijman is going to be tough to keep. Maybe it is time to find out if he will be the starting RT next year.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Turner is our starting RT next year; he is playing well and iirc it's more costly to cut him than keep him. That said, Nijman has definitely earned the opportunity to be the guy there once Turner's contract expires.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Jan 2022 10:26
Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2022 16:41
Crazy how abnormally long his recovery was.
Yes, and now lets hope for no setbacks, no soreness, and that he can play a full game in 2 weeks.

I wonder where Nijman will play in the playoffs. He clearly is a much better LT than any Packer not named Bakh (Jenkins does not count, he is on IR). Would he be the best RT going forward? In any event, Nijman is going to be tough to keep. Maybe it is time to find out if he will be the starting RT next year.
Yeah Nijman will be a Packer. He won't be expensive. He will be our backup LT which will allow Jenkins to concentrate fully on the right side when he returns.

I view the line next year as the following

LT: Bakh, Nijman
LG: Runyan
C: Meyers
RG: Jenkins/Turner
RT: Jenkins/Turner
Backup Guard: Newman

We will have 7 quality Olinemen next year. I expect to see us draft a Tackle/Guard as that backup on the right side. Center I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if we draft a 3rd day center either. As a rule, we don't sign guys like Lucas Patrick back, but I wouldn't be suprised if we do that on a cheap deal since he is so versatile. Unless Hanson has really made a leap.

The player who has really impressed me this year is Jon Runyan. He performed far better than I dreamed and I am confident to say we have a long term starter at him at LG moving forward.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2022 10:44
The player who has really impressed me this year is Jon Runyan. He performed far better than I dreamed and I am confident to say we have a long term starter at him at LG moving forward.
8-)
YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Apr 2020 12:20
Jon Runyan, Jr. is the safest Day Three pick in the draft.

He hits every athletic benchmark, he has the smarts, the attitude, the toughness. He grew up around the game.

This position is tough with the massive lack of agility drills conducted this year. A startlingly low number of lineman hit the Packers' traditional thresholds, though I'm not sure how strictly we're sticking to those anymore.

Jon Runyan, ranked as a 5th-7th rounder, is one of those.
:idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Jan 2022 10:53
go pak go wrote:
09 Jan 2022 10:44
8-)
YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Apr 2020 12:20
Jon Runyan, Jr. is the safest Day Three pick in the draft.

He hits every athletic benchmark, he has the smarts, the attitude, the toughness. He grew up around the game.

This position is tough with the massive lack of agility drills conducted this year. A startlingly low number of lineman hit the Packers' traditional thresholds, though I'm not sure how strictly we're sticking to those anymore.

Jon Runyan, ranked as a 5th-7th rounder, is one of those.
:idn:
Oh yeah I loved him when we picked him too. I was super excited about him but this guy has outperfomed that excitement. He hasn't gotten enough love.

He is turning into a top end starter in the league. Not the fake top end starters some like to label Nijman or Patrick. Runyan was overstated in effectiveness his rookie season. But through the entirety of the year, I would put Jon Runyan as the best performing offensive lineman we have had in 2021. Maybe even ahead of Elgton Jenkins (keep in mind Jenkins had to be multiple positions again so that is amazing in its own right)
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man; where are you guys?

Came here looking for inactives and nothing.

And big time news

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Glad to hear Bakh is out there to shake off some rust.
:clap:
Enjoy the game all!!
GO PACK GO!!!

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jones and Campbell are just injury-prevention, not them being injured, right?

'Been exercising an "I'll believe it when I see it"-policy with Bakhtiari for a while --- I see it!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Bahk and Myers both starting.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Let's crush these guys!

Bahk looking good so far.