Aaron Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just came across some interesting info.

The Super Bowl has been around for 54 years now.

Only 20 QBs have appeared in more than 1 Super Bowl.
  • Favre and Starr have 2 apiece.
Only 12 QBs have won more than one Super Bowl.

Only 7 QBs have been to more than 3 Super Bowls.

Only 4 QBs have won more than 2 Super Bowls
  • Brady (6), Bradshaw (4), Montana (4), Aikman (3)
  • These 4 QBs have won 17/54 Super Bowls (31.5%)
image.png
image.png (137.77 KiB) Viewed 520 times

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Fake news florio says Rodgers is going to speak with media tomorrow at 3pm est. :munch:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Drj820 wrote:
14 May 2020 22:14
Fake news florio says Rodgers is going to speak with media tomorrow at 3pm est. :munch:
He is, but Florio will twist and turn every word he says to get clicks and reactions. If Florio and McGinn would disappear life would be much cooler.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Rodgers scheduled for 2pm CT, LaFleur 3.30 CT.

Hopefully it will streamed on the Packers YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtI-l ... rBg/videos

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Man, Florio's writeup was basically: everything he says will be analyzed... and if he says things are fine, he's probably lying and will need to reconcile it with what Favre said Rodgers is feeling."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers sounding like a true pro, as expected. Florio is a clown.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

OH I MISSED IT

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Rodgers was great, as expected. Sounds miles ahead of Favre at the same stage.

Sounds like Love will get a better apprenticeship from Rodgers than Rodgers got himself.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 May 2020 14:46
OH I MISSED IT

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

interesting that rodgers pointed out the love draft selection was not the same as when the packers drafted him, because he has made it clear he wants to play into his 40s. He said Favre was already hinting at retirement. Sounds like Rodgers is prepared to be a good soldier (props to him), while somewhat expecting to end his career somewhere else (fair enough).

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Everything about this press conference--especially listening to it, rather than just reading quotes--reaffirms my belief that this whole thing will be a non-issue internally for at least 2 years.

Time for people to find something else to talk about; they won't, but a guy can dream.

Really liked the way he talked about MVS, EQ, and the TEs.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Aaron is so analytical. I didn't expect him to blow a fuse over the Love pick, and he didn't.

I think he views this mainly as a profession, not as a personal, emotional thing. I don't think he'd take even a trade as a personal insult, tho I bet he'd hate to play for a team with no chance at the SB. He'll play his career out, until the body says "no more", when and where ever that is, and retire into something meaningful for him with plenty of resources to make it happen. End of the Packers or football isn't the end of meaningful life for him.

Some fans would like for the QB of the Packers to be ALL about the Packers, but that's just not AR. He has plans beyond the Packers, and I'm fine with it.

I noticed AR didn't say he'd mentor Love, rather build a good relationship with him. That's good. It is up to Love to develop as a player. AR is not the QBs coach, he has to focus on playing. He did say he'd be open to answering any questions his backups might have.

The thought of not playing with the same organization into his 40s came outta the blue for him, I think, but I also think he has the mind to distance himself from the situation, view it through an organizational lens, and conclude he still benefits from playing the best he can. Whatever happens.

I'm personally much like AR. Been a part of some good organizations, teams, worked with good people. But have never let myself to be emotionally married to my employer, not even when I've loved the work and/or people I've worked with. The high ups make decisions based on different things than me, and there's no use getting upset about it. Good work leads to good things, often unplanned ones.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers honesty is a treasure. Much rather have nuanced honesty than 24/7 on brand coach speak from the russ Wilson types

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I agree, drj.

That answer stood out a bit to me, as well; a genuine self reflection about whether or not his goals were within his control anymore or not.

What does bother me is all the tweets and reactions and NFL headlines and such are highlighting the answers that contrast his position from Favre's when he was drafted and his realization that he may not finish his career, and I haven't seen any headlines like "Rodgers expresses confidence in his WRs" or "Rodgers says he plans to have a great working relationship with Love" which would be equally accurate.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 May 2020 16:18
I agree, drj.

That answer stood out a bit to me, as well; a genuine self reflection about whether or not his goals were within his control anymore or not.

What does bother me is all the tweets and reactions and NFL headlines and such are highlighting the answers that contrast his position from Favre's when he was drafted and his realization that he may not finish his career, and I haven't seen any headlines like "Rodgers expresses confidence in his WRs" or "Rodgers says he plans to have a great working relationship with Love" which would be equally accurate.
F*** the headlines. It doesn't seem like Rodgers lets them get to him, apart from when he wants to get motivated.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

salmar80 wrote:
15 May 2020 15:50
Aaron is so analytical. I didn't expect him to blow a fuse over the Love pick, and he didn't.

I think he views this mainly as a profession, not as a personal, emotional thing. I don't think he'd take even a trade as a personal insult, tho I bet he'd hate to play for a team with no chance at the SB. He'll play his career out, until the body says "no more", when and where ever that is, and retire into something meaningful for him with plenty of resources to make it happen. End of the Packers or football isn't the end of meaningful life for him.

Some fans would like for the QB of the Packers to be ALL about the Packers, but that's just not AR. He has plans beyond the Packers, and I'm fine with it.

I noticed AR didn't say he'd mentor Love, rather build a good relationship with him. That's good. It is up to Love to develop as a player. AR is not the QBs coach, he has to focus on playing. He did say he'd be open to answering any questions his backups might have.

The thought of not playing with the same organization into his 40s came outta the blue for him, I think, but I also think he has the mind to distance himself from the situation, view it through an organizational lens, and conclude he still benefits from playing the best he can. Whatever happens.

I'm personally much like AR. Been a part of some good organizations, teams, worked with good people. But have never let myself to be emotionally married to my employer, not even when I've loved the work and/or people I've worked with. The high ups make decisions based on different things than me, and there's no use getting upset about it. Good work leads to good things, often unplanned ones.
It's a good point that I agree with. This is just a hunch but I could actually see him retiring earlier than many would expect, for this reason. AR is highly intelligent and his interests span far beyond just football. Kobe Bryant made a mark in the movie business. I could see Aaron similarly trying his hand at some non-football related endeavor post-retirement.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lots of people say they don’t see him playing very late, or he won’t go as long as brees or Brady...but coming from his actual mouth we have heard nothing of the sorts. He’s always said he wants to play into his 40s.

Guess everyone thinks he’s joking.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
15 May 2020 17:38
Lots of people say they don’t see him playing very late, or he won’t go as long as brees or Brady...but coming from his actual mouth we have heard nothing of the sorts. He’s always said he wants to play into his 40s.

I don't doubt his sincerity. I think that unless he adjusts his game, he will sustain a major injury and not be able to play that long. He continues to hold the ball for too long. Old bodies don't absorb hits as well. Dump it off quick like Brady!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm very pleased that Aaron was a pro talking to the media. This same media howled because Gute didn't "give" Rodgers any help because we didn't draft a WR last month. Gute acquired 2 veteran WRs this offseason & bolstered the running game. Having a potent running game for a QB who isn't as mobile as he once was might make Rodgers' life so much easier going forward.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Captain_Ben wrote:
15 May 2020 17:45
Drj820 wrote:
15 May 2020 17:38

I don't doubt his sincerity. I think that unless he adjusts his game, he will sustain a major injury and not be able to play that long. He continues to hold the ball for too long. Old bodies don't absorb hits as well. Dump it off quick like Brady!
I don't know why people think that has not already been happening, we know in our own selves that change doesn't happen fast, so why do we expect it to happen for a QB thats played in basically one system for a doz years, we saw him miss some check downs or open receivers less imo as the season progressed, less scrambling or extending plays late season too, and plenty of it was actually do to receivers not able to perform there end of the deal, yet no one wants to blame those stooges, just Rodgers.