Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, January 9th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:18
Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:12
British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:07

It's not so much about practice time, it's more that the WRs he was playing with are pretty &%$@.
You watch the game? He threw a pass a little high to Davis that would have been a TD, but Davis should have caught it. And i think everyone is giving Love credit for what should have been. Outside of that, the only WR to let him down would be Winfree who fumbled the ball on his first drive. Every other pass was caught if it was a good ball. Amari should have never allowed an INT off the first pick, but Love was the one who allowed the ball to get tipped. Love also had great run support the entire half. Started by Dillon, followed up by Taylor.

I dont think the WRs impacted his performance much at all.
Come on man. If he was playing with the starters don't you think they would have maybe got more open? Maybe more likely to get more YAC? Maybe break a long run?

Amari and Winfree did not help him much.

I think everyone needs to chill out a bit.
What do you mean Cmon man? We were playing the Lions and I was not talking about offensive production, I was talking about an evaluation of Love. I think the conditions were fair for an evaluation of Love.

Deguara did break a long run with YAC on a 2 yard pass. Went for a TD.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gotta say, I'm a little concerned about our defense heading into the postseason.

Also, yeah Love still stinks. Next year will be big for him. He better make a significant jump or it's time to go in a different direction.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:24
British wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:12

You watch the game? He threw a pass a little high to Davis that would have been a TD, but Davis should have caught it. And i think everyone is giving Love credit for what should have been. Outside of that, the only WR to let him down would be Winfree who fumbled the ball on his first drive. Every other pass was caught if it was a good ball. Amari should have never allowed an INT off the first pick, but Love was the one who allowed the ball to get tipped. Love also had great run support the entire half. Started by Dillon, followed up by Taylor.

I dont think the WRs impacted his performance much at all.
Come on man. If he was playing with the starters don't you think they would have maybe got more open? Maybe more likely to get more YAC? Maybe break a long run?

What do you mean Cmon man? We were playing the Lions and I was not talking about offensive production, I was talking about an evaluation of Love. I think the conditions were fair for an evaluation of Love.

What I find amusing is the idea that the quality of the WRs has no effect on Love's performance. Give him starter level receivers and he probably looks better than playing with garbage.

I just think we can afford to chill out a bit.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Also, someone said the Lions were also playing their scrubs. I'm no expert on the Lions depth chart but it looked to me like they had their starters in and this was clearly their Superbowl. They were pulling out all the stops to win. The Packers were playing vanilla with their backups in.

I think they'll be plenty of time for pearl clutching with Love's ability but we're not there yet.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
09 Jan 2022 16:18
Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:16
Everybody knows we win this if all of our starters stayed in.
Why? Because they won the first half?
Don't be that way. AR would have run the offense better with a full compliment of starters.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:34
Drj820 wrote:
British wrote:

What I find amusing is the idea that the quality of the WRs has no effect on Love's performance. Give him starter level receivers and he probably looks better than playing with garbage.

No one really seems to be freaking out. But I mean the 2s are who Love has worked with all year outside of maybe since the toe injury. Hes familiar with those guys. I think the 1s and Adams probably affects "production" as I said earlier, but I didnt see any reason why the WRs in the game made it unfair to give Love an evaluation. For starters, they did fine. Got open on schedule quite a bit, only dropped a couple balls, the major drop in the end zone...everyone recognizes was a good play by Love. So it was fair to evaluate him today.

You can always answer questions like 1) how was his pocket awareness 2) Did he make good decisions under pressure 3) Did he turn the ball over 4) Did he make the right play, on time./Did he throw to where he should have. 5) Was he accurate.

You know stuff like that. We got to see that stuff for a whole half. It was a mixed bag to say the least. I graded it as "uninspiring", but that does not mean awful.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

British wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
British wrote:

The receivers were not the issue on any play with Love. The idea that better receivers are better is pretty obvious but the WRs didnt hurt Love today. As mentioned his biggest play was literally a screen that deguara and blocking did all the work on. The balls he missed on were because he missed, not because the receiver wasnt open. It could be said that TE should have caught that TD but the pass was high - Tonyan probably catches it but Rodgers doesn't have Tonyan either.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

British wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
British wrote:

Well, then good thing we have a pretty recent datapoint of Love throwing to quality WRs.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2022 17:43
Raptorman wrote:
09 Jan 2022 16:18
Pugger wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:16
Everybody knows we win this if all of our starters stayed in.
Why? Because they won the first half?
Don't be that way. AR would have run the offense better with a full compliment of starters.
You know, I could have used that excuse last week.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

texas wrote:
09 Jan 2022 18:16
British wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Well, then good thing we have a pretty recent datapoint of Love throwing to quality WRs.
You guys are adorable. :)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The year is 2023. Love has started 18 games in his career. in 2022, love started every game and went 4-13. No evaluations have been made about Love yet. In start one, he was on the road. For 9 games of 2022 he was on the road, so it is not fair to evaluate him in those games, environment too hostile. In the first 4 home games of 2022 the weather was warm, and no GB QB plays good in the warmth...so it is not fair to evaluate him in those games. In the last 4 home games, 2 starters on the offense were out hurt..one starting linemen and one WR. It is not fair to evaluate Love when he does not have a full cast of teammates.

Hopefully in 2023 we can start to see what he have in the 4th year, former first round draft selection.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 18:25
texas wrote:
British wrote:

No personal attacks, Nagler. Consider this a warning!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

British wrote:
texas wrote:
British wrote:

Oh no, a sports journalist (lol) called us morons! What ever are we going to do?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sports journalists have some of the lowest IQs of any profession, even lower than political journalists. That you would post this as some sort of own means that you are in a similar ballpark!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

British wrote:
texas wrote:
British wrote:

I don't think anyone has - people are linking all his games and what he has shown.

This is just such a pathetic statement by Nagler aswell - like he is some authority. He is a journalist.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Jan 2022 18:31
The year is 2023. Love has started 18 games in his career. in 2022, love started every game and went 4-13. No evaluations have been made about Love yet. In start one, he was on the road. For 9 games of 2022 he was on the road, so it is not fair to evaluate him in those games, environment too hostile. In the first 4 home games of 2022 the weather was warm, and no GB QB plays good in the warmth...so it is not fair to evaluate him in those games. In the last 4 home games, 2 starters on the offense were out hurt..one starting linemen and one WR. It is not fair to evaluate Love when he does not have a full cast of teammates.

Hopefully in 2023 we can start to see what he have in the 4th year, former first round draft selection.
I don't think we can truly evaluate Love until he has finished his career - minimum 15 years. At that stage we will likely have an idea in what we have.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was afraid to read [mention]Drj820[/mention] 's comments regarding Love but I think he nailed it. Nice work.

I thought Love had some great plays. The 4th and 2 conversion to Winfree. The 3rd and 2 conversion to Patrick. The ball to Tyler Davis. Honestly even the Deguara ball was really good with pressure in his face.

The ball that just sucks so much is that missed throw to EQSB. He had it. The play was there. Love needs to make that play. Otherwise I would give Love a C+ on the day with his opportunities. It would have been an A- had he hit EQSB.

If I had a gun to my head, I would say Love doesn't look like the long term answer.

But right now all I care about is the playoffs and getting that ring.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

bud fox wrote:
09 Jan 2022 18:33
British wrote:
texas wrote:

I don't think anyone has - people are linking all his games and what he has shown.

This is just such a pathetic statement by Nagler aswell - like he is some authority. He is a journalist.
Yeah this is really the main point- at every opportunity Jordan Love has had so far, that we have seen, he has underwhelmed, sort of disastrously. I don't think anybody is completely writing him off, which I think would be dumb, but we have more than enough evidence to make negative assertions about him and his situation.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Drj820 wrote:

It took Rodgers 4 seasons before he went 4-12, so Love would be ahead there!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
09 Jan 2022 18:43
Drj820 wrote:

It took Rodgers 4 seasons before he went 4-12, so Love would be ahead there!
Rodgers never went 4-12.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Could not see the game, how did Bak do? From what I read so far about Love he reminds me of B.Brohm back then. And we know how that ended.