Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

British wrote:
08 Jan 2022 15:49
Pass rusher Shaq Lawson available if he clears waivers. Could join a playoff team and play as long as he's not claimed. If he is he can't play in the post season.

Any interest?

He's got 1 sack and 1 QB hit .... no wonder he was released. :thwap:

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jan 2022 17:12
if you get him on the wire do you owe him the full 9m or just a prorated amount out of that for week 18 and then some playoff checks?

If all 9m, i bet he clears waivers and def signs with a contender. Would be cool if it was us if we could make it happen.
We wouldn't claim him as he'd only be available after the SB. But if he clears waivers then he can play immediately.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I would pay money to see Jackson Mahomes get clocked right in the nose.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I see the Eagles left rookie D Smith in just long enough for him to break DJax rookie record and then they pulled him. Im sure that made Djax happy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Rob Davis and Al Harris are on Mike McCarthy's staff. As is Leon Lett.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

In case you aren't keeping track. Here are the teams with HC openings so far.

Raiders
Broncos
Jaguars

likely...
Bears
Vikings

others...
Seahawks
Giants (probably not)
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

After that 3rd-and-9 QB sneak, Joe Judge should definitely be fired.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
09 Jan 2022 15:34
After that 3rd-and-9 QB sneak, Joe Judge should definitely be fired.
Probably begging to be fired but they won't let him out.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Peter King highlighting what a beautiful human being Antonio Brown is... :messedup:
“Brady can’t do s— by himself. But you guys are going to make it seem like he’s just this heroic guy. We’re all humans, bro.”

—Antonio Brown, who twice was offered a bed in Tom Brady’s homes (once in Massachusetts and once in Florida), and whose Super Bowl ring in 2020 was largely a result of Brady pushing hard for the Bucs to sign him, and who was strongly backed by Brady after he angrily stripped off his jersey and pads on the sidelines in mid-game last week and ran off the field, to the hosts of the Full Send Podcast on Tom Brady.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2022 16:00
Green Bay just hired both... so suck it, Vikings. Not many of those guys out there, but LaFleur appears to walk that line brilliantly.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
10 Jan 2022 16:00
Disagree with this. It won't take 5 yrs...

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So true.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rams sign a 37 year old Eric Weddle who has not been on an NFL team in 3 years...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Jan 2022 10:20
Rams sign a 37 year old Eric Weddle who has not been on an NFL team in 3 years...
Rodgers going to torch him (if we play the Rams).
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2022 06:35
So true.

And when it was suggested that hiring MLF was a reach to grab anyone who has had lunch with Sean McVay? That was fun, too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Jan 2022 10:31
NCF wrote:
12 Jan 2022 06:35
So true.

And when it was suggested that hiring MLF was a reach to grab anyone who has had lunch with Sean McVay? That was fun, too.
The angst of the hire from fans looking back is pretty funny now. Accusations of not really interviewing anyone and hiring MLF too quick, what did Murphy do that whole 1.5 months while searching for a coach, using an outside consulting firm rather than knowing the coaches himself, how could this shy and nervous-talking MLF impress Murphy and Gutey so much and so quickly over a weekend interview, he's too young, we are chasing the McVay tree when he didn't even call plays, he and Rodgers won't get along, the Titans offense wasn't very good, he relies too much on the run game when going to a pass heavy team, Murphy is just going for a power grab...I mean I can go on and on. MLF was the perfect hire of offense tactician but more importantly, he is one of the best leaders of a group of people I have ever seen.

So yeah, he must have impressed the hell out of Murphy and Gute over that weekend interview.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I basically quit reading and listening to the idiotic comments from so called football people who make a point of spouting negative opinions of what GM's and other team people do, they to often make these dumb comments simply as click bait and have no factual info to share, and all seem to think they know what there talking about, Thompson said it best, " they think they know, but don't have a clue" or something to that affect.

It reminds me of people that come here and think after watching Love as little as we have seen, tag him as never being a starting caliber QB, how in the H E double hockey sticks could they possibly know that? answer is, they think they know, but havn't a clue :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jan 2022 10:51
The angst of the hire from fans looking back is pretty funny now.
I remember considering the hire underwhelming. That's what happens when you take the very little information available and make big sweeping proclamations with it. Not that I did that... I really didn't, but, still. To sit here now, how wrong was I while at the same time not nearly as wrong as a lot of other fans who are more prone to such behavior.

Read More. Post Less.