Packer Staff Changes

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Jan 2022 09:37
paco wrote:
12 Jan 2022 08:31
I've actually lessened my thoughts that Hackett is gone. but still think its a very good chance he is. I think Jax and Denver are most likely. I think he's 3rd or 4th in the running for Jax, but you never know how interviews go.

Denver is the most likely if they are going to try to put together a package for Rodgers.

He's interviewing with the Bears, but I find that less likely. Even though it may be the smarter move, they'll probably make a move like Harbaugh.
If I were Hackett I don't know if I'd be all that eager to go to Jax. They have a promising young QB but that franchise is a dumpster fire. Did Jax keep their GM?
They did, Trent Baalke. He's familiar with them already though. You would think if he had no interest, he'd turn down the interview. May not be his first choice, but hard to turn down the opportunity if it comes.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
12 Jan 2022 09:40
Pugger wrote:
12 Jan 2022 09:37
paco wrote:
12 Jan 2022 08:31
I've actually lessened my thoughts that Hackett is gone. but still think its a very good chance he is. I think Jax and Denver are most likely. I think he's 3rd or 4th in the running for Jax, but you never know how interviews go.

Denver is the most likely if they are going to try to put together a package for Rodgers.

He's interviewing with the Bears, but I find that less likely. Even though it may be the smarter move, they'll probably make a move like Harbaugh.
If I were Hackett I don't know if I'd be all that eager to go to Jax. They have a promising young QB but that franchise is a dumpster fire. Did Jax keep their GM?
They did, Trent Baalke. He's familiar with them already though. You would think if he had no interest, he'd turn down the interview. May not be his first choice, but hard to turn down the opportunity if it comes.
Perhaps with a competent GM Jax could turn their fortunes around going forward. Then this job could be attractive to Hackett.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'd like to see either or both of the Grudens parking their SUVs at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.....the Asst Coach parking spots of course.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 Jan 2022 14:26
I'd like to see either or both of the Grudens parking their SUVs at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.....the Asst Coach parking spots of course.
I don't know about Jay. But Jon can stay far far away.
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
13 Jan 2022 06:35
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
I was just trying to help the Special Teams. :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packers interviewed Eagles QBs coach Brian Johnson for its offensive-coordinating vacancy.

With QBs coach Luke Getsy potentially on his way out to Chicago, both Chargers TEs coach Kevin Koger and Johnson were interviewed to step in as Green Bay's next OC. Johnson, 34, was initially brought to Philadelphia last offseason since he's coached Jalen Hurts for a majority of their lives and previously worked under Nick Sirianni at Florida. It would be a significant promotion (with little experience) for Johnson if extended an official offer.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lots of moving and shaking happening already around the league. Why haven’t we opened up a vacancy and started interviewing options for a new ST coordinator?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 15:26
Lots of moving and shaking happening already around the league. Why haven’t we opened up a vacancy and started interviewing options for a new ST coordinator?
Ya don't mess with success. :swear: :argue: :evil: :twisted: :messedup: :censored: :bigcry:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
How do you know we haven't? Just because it isn't reported, doesn't mean it's not happening.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
28 Jan 2022 15:55
Drj820 wrote:
How do you know we haven't? Just because it isn't reported, doesn't mean it's not happening.
I can assure you if drayton was no longer an employee of the packers and they were searching for a replacement that it would be reported

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 16:14
paco wrote:
28 Jan 2022 15:55
Drj820 wrote:
I can assure you if drayton was no longer an employee of the packers and they were searching for a replacement that it would be reported
If MLF doesn't fire Drayton then MLF should be fired.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Jan 2022 17:51
paco wrote:
13 Jan 2022 06:35
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
I was just trying to help the Special Teams. :rotf:
If people would just have listened, and then acted appropriately ....... :argue:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Who would be a good ST coach to go after assuming a change is made? I would talk to the Ravens Asst. ST coach for sure whoever that is.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

is it normal and kosher to leave a team and then poach the team you left staff? I could understand maybe trying for one guy, but is it normal to go for as many as you can?

Dont think Lafleur took any titans with him when coming to GB.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

It's par for the course. Remember how MLF tried to hire his brother from under his friend Shanahan?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Love seeing Stenavich get his OC start here with us. :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Jan 2022 22:03
It's par for the course. Remember how MLF tried to hire his brother from under his friend Shanahan?
Well ya but that was poaching from a rival. I am not saying it isnt par for the course...i just dont recall a coach leaving and trying one after another to build his staff off his old teams staff. Seems like a middle finger to Lafleur. Maybe it is normal tho.