General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Holy sh*t :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Didnt even know that was something that was possible (returning within a couple months from torn bicep). Very Cool.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
13 Jan 2022 10:58
Holy sh*t :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If I wake up and this was some weird dream...

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I hope MVS makes it back in time.

No Sullivan, eh? What if we slide Jaire into the slot to take Sullivan's place when he returns? Going from the biggest weakness in the secondary to the biggest strength at the slot position could be huge. (Ok, Sullivan maybe is less of a weakness than Savage the past few weeks, but close enough)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2022 11:34
The Packers won without all of these guys and some teams would do anything to have all of those guys on their teams right now.

Like, imagine the Vikings record this year if they had that group on their team and healthy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jan 2022 11:53
I hope MVS makes it back in time.

No Sullivan, eh? What if we slide Jaire into the slot to take Sullivan's place when he returns? Going from the biggest weakness in the secondary to the biggest strength at the slot position could be huge. (Ok, Sullivan maybe is less of a weakness than Savage the past few weeks, but close enough)
Makes the most sense. Rasul and Stokes haven't played inside at all. Though Jaire subjected to more hits there. But if healthy, shouldn't matter. I'm sure they'll play around a bunch.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2022 12:38
:shock:

wait, did we realize that Rodgers has been this bad under pressure this year? Holy crap that's bad. Good thing he and the team are mostly calling for quicker plays and getting the ball out quickly.

I genuinely thought he was doing everything well on any sort of rate stats this year, aside from deep balls due to early-season struggles that have since reversed themselves.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

These covid IR rules are awesome and ought to be permanent

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jan 2022 12:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
:shock:

wait, did we realize that Rodgers has been this bad under pressure this year? Holy crap that's bad. Good thing he and the team are mostly calling for quicker plays and getting the ball out quickly.

I genuinely thought he was doing everything well on any sort of rate stats this year, aside from deep balls due to early-season struggles that have since reversed themselves.
Some more info on from PFF via ESPN:
Since Week 11, Rodgers has the best grade in the NFL, but shakier play in the first half of the season is why he's not ranked inside the top three. He had just a 41.7 PFF grade under pressure in Weeks 1-10. While he did rank first in PFF grade under pressure (82.3) in the following weeks, the late surge wasn't enough to vault up him up the season-long ranks. He finished with a 59.5 grade, which ranked eighth among all QBs.
Sounds like both the deep passing and the pressure passing regained form late in the season

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yuh Rodgers has been average to ordinary this year.

MVP and official NFL stats are meaningless when we are provided with the statistical breakdown by lil jimmy smith - the 18 year old in his moms basement working for PFF.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2022 15:23

MVP and official NFL stats are meaningless when we are provided with the statistical breakdown by lil jimmy smith - the 18 year old in his moms basement working for PFF.
Agreed, seems like every other QB is throwing 37 TD's, 4 INT's and leading their teams to the best record in football these days, doesn't it?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Do they have total pressure numbers against a QB? Do they have a ranking of pressures per game for QB?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2022 15:29
Pckfn23 wrote:

Do they have total pressure numbers against a QB? Do they have a ranking of pressures per game for QB?
Feel free to ask Jacob Morley or pay for PFF and find out!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jan 2022 15:37
bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2022 15:29
Pckfn23 wrote:

Feel free to ask Jacob Morley or pay for PFF and find out!
Thanks - will have to pass this time.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
13 Jan 2022 10:48
Are you freaking kidding me? Whitney Mercilus is practicing today. I am so hyped right now. Looking at tickets to Green Bay for a playoff game now

This is our freaking year boys!!!!
Don't forget me!! :grin: Man, everything is falling into place for us!! :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:

What are you even talking about? Who are you responding to?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jan 2022 17:49
bud fox wrote:

What are you even talking about? Who are you responding to?
Since Week 11, Rodgers has the best grade in the NFL, but shakier play in the first half of the season is why he's not ranked inside the top three. He had just a 41.7 PFF grade under pressure in Weeks 1-10. While he did rank first in PFF grade under pressure (82.3) in the following weeks, the late surge wasn't enough to vault up him up the season-long ranks. He finished with a 59.5 grade, which ranked eighth among all QBs.

The bold. Rodgers has the best pocket work of any QB in the NFL but he is bad under pressure - it is just dumb and shows the quality of the PFF stats.

*Sorry the above was posted by you - so I am responding to you I guess but just sticking up for my boy.