General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2022 18:09
Since Week 11, Rodgers has the best grade in the NFL, but shakier play in the first half of the season is why he's not ranked inside the top three. He had just a 41.7 PFF grade under pressure in Weeks 1-10. While he did rank first in PFF grade under pressure (82.3) in the following weeks, the late surge wasn't enough to vault up him up the season-long ranks. He finished with a 59.5 grade, which ranked eighth among all QBs.

The bold. Rodgers has the best pocket work of any QB in the NFL but he is bad under pressure - it is just dumb and shows the quality of the PFF stats.
No, but it explains it very clearly. Like Rodgers had bad marks when pressured and throwing deep balls early in the season. Both are well documented. In the final 7-10 games, he was the best in the league overall, the best in the league under pressure, and very highly ranked on deep balls.

They went out of their way to explain why Rodgers' full-season grades didn't reflect how well he has been playing for an extended period of "lately." That should tell you that it was respect. Like they recognized that their full season stats didn't make sense, so they explained the breakdown to refresh our memories of a time when Rodgers missed on a lot of deep balls and struggled when pressured, which seems like a distant memory, and turns out to have been a short-lived blip that more than reverted to the mean; reverted right past it; a full swing.

It's just remarkable how instinctively the defense mechanism kicks in even when no one is disrespecting. Your brain must be a fascinating piece of machinery.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jan 2022 18:30
bud fox wrote:
Since Week 11, Rodgers has the best grade in the NFL, but shakier play in the first half of the season is why he's not ranked inside the top three. He had just a 41.7 PFF grade under pressure in Weeks 1-10. While he did rank first in PFF grade under pressure (82.3) in the following weeks, the late surge wasn't enough to vault up him up the season-long ranks. He finished with a 59.5 grade, which ranked eighth among all QBs.

The bold. Rodgers has the best pocket work of any QB in the NFL but he is bad under pressure - it is just dumb and shows the quality of the PFF stats.
No, but it explains it very clearly. Like Rodgers had bad marks when pressured and throwing deep balls early in the season. Both are well documented. In the final 7-10 games, he was the best in the league overall, the best in the league under pressure, and very highly ranked on deep balls.

They went out of their way to explain why Rodgers' full-season grades didn't reflect how well he has been playing for an extended period of "lately." That should tell you that it was respect. Like they recognized that their full season stats didn't make sense, so they explained the breakdown to refresh our memories of a time when Rodgers missed on a lot of deep balls and struggled when pressured, which seems like a distant memory, and turns out to have been a short-lived blip that more than reverted to the mean; reverted right past it; a full swing.

It's just remarkable how instinctively the defense mechanism kicks in even when no one is disrespecting. Your brain must be a fascinating piece of machinery.
It is legendary.

But that's if you trust the pressure counts by PFF. If Rodgers has to move in the pocket does that count as a pressure? It is just so subjective and ambiguous. The fact is Rodgers pocket movement takes away pressure like no other QB in the league.

So if Rodgers moves in the pocket and removes pressure, is that counted as a pressured throw? It is a pressured snap. Or is it when the rusher actually gets close to him and he quickly throws the ball?

Or do we just say wow Rodgers hasnt been very good with pressure this you because Jake Morley said so.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
13 Jan 2022 10:48
Are you freaking kidding me? Whitney Mercilus is practicing today. I am so hyped right now. Looking at tickets to Green Bay for a playoff game now

This is our freaking year boys!!!!
Wait, wut??

Mercilus is practicing??? Hot damn.

Lemme know if you get stuck with an extra ticket 😜

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Jan 2022 17:49
bud fox wrote:
13 Jan 2022 15:23
Yuh Rodgers has been average to ordinary this year.

MVP and official NFL stats are meaningless when we are provided with the statistical breakdown by lil jimmy smith - the 18 year old in his moms basement working for PFF.
What are you even talking about? Who are you responding to?

*Sorry the above was posted by you - so I am responding to you I guess but just sticking up for my boy.
ALL QBs are not as effective under pressure thus good pass rushers are always in demand.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2022 20:07
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
13 Jan 2022 10:48
Are you freaking kidding me? Whitney Mercilus is practicing today. I am so hyped right now. Looking at tickets to Green Bay for a playoff game now

This is our freaking year boys!!!!
Wait, wut??

Mercilus is practicing??? Hot damn.

Lemme know if you get stuck with an extra ticket 😜
Not just practicing, but practicing in PADS! A big point I don't know if anyone mentioned.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The anxiety of expectation... I was 15 when we won it all in 1996. And 16 when we lost in the Super Bowl. Teenage fleeting emotions. Even more than last year, I expect us to be playing in February. I can't stand to think of anything less. The thought of anything less is almost unbearable.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2022 22:03
https://fb.watch/ay0oNHgP9-/
Good for MVS, and he was even not running a perfectly straight line.

I do wanna see how fast Stokes can go on his way to a pick-6...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2022 21:42
The anxiety of expectation... I was 15 when we won it all in 1996. And 16 when we lost in the Super Bowl. Teenage fleeting emotions. Even more than last year, I expect us to be playing in February. I can't stand to think of anything less. The thought of anything less is almost unbearable.
Yeah it's a burden. 2020 left me so jaded. That year was "different". That year we had the swagger. That year we were complete.

We should be going for two straight.

That being said, we are absolutely the favorite. And if we don't get it done this year, it will be absolutely devastating.

Just win that damn ring baby.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

From @lockedonpackers listener Brad:

Jordan Love has been QB for 71 non-handoff/kneel down/spike plays. 62 passes, 6 rushes and 3 sacks. 421 total yards, 2 total TDs and 4 TO’s.

Aaron Rodgers first 71 plays? 54 passes, 8 rushes and 9 sacks. 318 total yards, 1 total TD and 4 TOs
We all get the differences in situation. Simply posting because it is interesting, so no need to flip out.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jan 2022 07:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yeah it's a burden. 2020 left me so jaded. That year was "different". That year we had the swagger. That year we were complete.

That being said, we are absolutely the favorite. And if we don't get it done this year, it will be absolutely devastating.

For me the loss versus the Giants in the 2007 season NFC Championship Game was the most devastating. Packers were favored to win by around 6 points that day.
The other devastating loss was Super Bowl 32 ......... Packers were favored by around 11 points that day. Losing the Super Bowl is really disappointing. So far the Packers have been favored in all 5 Super Bowl appearances....glad to have won 4 of 5.

The playoff loss versus #6 seed Atlanta at Lambeau Field was more "shocking" than anything. No other way to describe it.

"Disappointing" is another good word for various losses including the:
4 Aaron Rodgers Championship Game losses :swear: ,
and the 1995 Championship Game loss at Dallas.

On the flip side ........... we've had some great playoff and championship game wins at Lambeau Field over the years. Let's JUST DO IT! Go Pack Go!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'll get the GameDay thread up tomorrow unless someone else wants to do it.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Guessing a kickoff temp around 12 and dropping throughout the game. KO is over two hours after sunset.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
15 Jan 2022 09:26
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

For me the loss versus the Giants in the 2007 season NFC Championship Game was the most devastating. Packers were favored to win by around 6 points that day.
The other devastating loss was Super Bowl 32 ......... Packers were favored by around 11 points that day. Losing the Super Bowl is really disappointing. So far the Packers have been favored in all 5 Super Bowl appearances....glad to have won 4 of 5.

The playoff loss versus #6 seed Atlanta at Lambeau Field was more "shocking" than anything. No other way to describe it.

On the flip side ........... we've had some great playoff and championship game wins at Lambeau Field over the years. Let's JUST DO IT! Go Pack Go!
The objectively correct answer to the question of the most devastating loss is the 2014 NFCCG.

Also, we were screwed by the refs and the league in SB 32. They wanted Elway to get one so they let the Broncos get away with PI and holding all day and also called some BS calls on us.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

texas wrote:
17 Jan 2022 03:53
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The objectively correct answer to the question of the most devastating loss is the 2014 NFCCG.

Also, we were screwed by the refs and the league in SB 32. They wanted Elway to get one so they let the Broncos get away with PI and holding all day and also called some BS calls on us.
I don’t remember any specific calls in that game, but maybe. We really screwed ourselves over by not running the ball more though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
17 Jan 2022 06:48
texas wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

I don’t remember any specific calls in that game, but maybe. We really screwed ourselves over by not running the ball more though.
They caught an interception that was a free play because the Hawks were offsides and yet the refs didn't throw the offsides flag.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2022 22:06

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

texas wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The Pack had ZERO answer for the Bronco running game that day. The Broncs probably deserved to win. (I'm allowing some margin for the merits pointing to the Pack too. I just think they met a team that was equal to the task that day.)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!