49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:10
Wide open, by no means we are favourites. The 49ers are built like those two Giants teams that kicked us out in 2008 and 2011, they got talent (SB participant just two years ago), they play downhill while we have the burden of SB aspirations (just like the Cowboys), maybe Jimmy G is not prime Eli M but he is no Rex Grossman either. Remember our problems with the run game of Minnesota with Cook? Well, here comes an even better version.

But then the 49ers are the team we need to beat, as well as uncle Tom in the NCF game, to really deserve the second SB under the reign of Godgers. MLF better makes sure we are not rusty or see this as a game of favourite vs. underdog.
By the literal means in that it is "betting favorites" we are absolutely the favorites.

We've also beaten the 49ers the past two times we've played them, right?

They are the team I least wanted to play, I think, based on their strengths. But hopefully we play disciplined on run D and tackle well.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Underrated key to victory: Campbell and Barnes run defense.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2022 10:30
Captain_Ben wrote:
17 Jan 2022 10:28
go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2022 09:48
I have have tremendous respect for the 49ers front 7. We found a way to mitigate them last time. I hope we can do it again. The biggest thing is we can't get behind the sticks like Dallas did so much.
Yeah, they had a lot of dumb penalties yesterday. Those back to back false start calls were terrible.
Yup. No penalties, Ball out fast, get yards on the ground.

That was our recipe for Week 3. We need to do that again. We will lose if we are constantly behind the sticks. Their front 7 is just too good. Even without Wagner and Bosa.
It'll help having Bak back in there.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Probably wont have enough cushion in this game to have a colossal screw up on STs and still win, lets cross our fingers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:26
It shouldn't be underrated at all.

That is the key for our defense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:55
Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:26
It shouldn't be underrated at all.

That is the key for our defense.
True. I guess what I wanted to convey was...Something we didnt come close to having last time we played them in playoffs, that we have now...and that may be overlooked...is Barnes and Campbell for run defense, and them performing as we have seen that they can is a major key to the game.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I want to see.... some 2009 Playoffs L-Fitz-caliber receiver heroics from 'Tae. :o

Adams has a shot at putting together a HOF career if he gets a ring. I want to see memorable dominance out of him to make it a shoo-in.

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
17 Jan 2022 12:38
I want to see.... some 2009 Playoffs L-Fitz-caliber receiver heroics from 'Tae. :o

Adams has a shot at putting together a HOF career if he gets a ring. I want to see memorable dominance out of him to make it a shoo-in.

Good point. Everyone always correctly speaks of Rodgers legacy, but Adams is at the level where his legacy is at play too. Will he get shut down when all focus is on him? Is he good enough to be unguardable throughout the playoffs and one of the main reason his team wins a ring?

All remains to be seen.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:17
By the literal means in that it is "betting favorites" we are absolutely the favorites.

Bettin favor does not mean a lot, they give the home team the edge even if they feel 50/50. And yes, we won against them earlier, but this is a different team now, different spirit. Would u bet a higher amount of money on the Packers, say 500 $? If not then that tells you, you see it wide open too. If the Cowgirls came to gown I would definitely feel different.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
17 Jan 2022 12:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2022 11:17

Bettin favor does not mean a lot, they give the home team the edge even if they feel 50/50. And yes, we won against them earlier, but this is a different team now, different spirit. Would u bet a higher amount of money on the Packers, say 500 $? If not then that tells you, you see it wide open too. If the Cowgirls came to gown I would definitely feel different.
I take it you don't quite understand how Vegas calculates or illustrates the spread.

We are still the favorite even if playing on a neutral field. Our spread on a neutral field is only within a fieldgoal, but a favorite nonetheless.

It's the playoffs. All games are expected to be close now. But we are the favorites. And we should be the favorites. No team can beat us if we play our A game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I think game script is going to be huge in this game. If somehow we can get a 2 score lead early, that changes so much about how SF needs to play their game. I will be a lot more nervous if we're down 7-3 midway through the 2nd quarter and SF is dominating the TOP.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Here's hoping the bitter taste of defeat from the past two years lingers strong.

Get out to an early lead and let Jimmy G make mistakes.

Go Packers!

Packers -31
49ers-23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Acrobat wrote:
17 Jan 2022 13:11
I think game script is going to be huge in this game. If somehow we can get a 2 score lead early, that changes so much about how SF needs to play their game. I will be a lot more nervous if we're down 7-3 midway through the 2nd quarter and SF is dominating the TOP.
This, bigtime.

If the offense struggles early and the game script goes their way, we could be in trouble. It is important the Packers put up points early so that, if nothing else, it puts the game in Jimmy G's hands.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
17 Jan 2022 09:55
Checking out a few 49er forums to see what their fans are talking about. Here's a few for your amusement...

Easiest game of the year.

Please baby Jesus let Bosa and Warner heal up for this!

Wasa gona is goona Happen

I think we tear them up in the trenches this time.

This will be a competitive game, but we always give Green Bay fits. They don't scare me, what scares me is the refs love for Rodgers and the NFL wanting a Discount Double Check Super Bowl. I expect b******t pass interference calls, roughing the passer, etc.
Those things will happen, we just have to control what we can. Winning first downs, capitalizing on mistakes and making little of our own. Leave the game out of the officials' hands and we win.

Going to be war. Rodgers is playing incredible. Let's go Niners

If Warner and Bosa are injured, welp, it was a good run I guess

You know Aaron Rodgers is scared. He barely beat us with a beat up roster. Shanahan is going to want to make LaFleur look silly after week 2
No way is he scared. He'll be overconfident after beating us earlier this year, and overconfident because of their record. Thing is, they have a good record for the same reason as Dallas. 💩 division.
Green Bay is one of the top 2 teams in the league. Let's not get a head of ourselves here. We need to play almost perfect football in all aspects and have great play calling

This was just 4 pages into 1 forum.
I think that's the same forum I am posting to. Not trolling, just trying to inject some reality into some of the nonsense they're spewing. A significant number of them blamed Goodell's hatred for the franchise and/or the favoritism the league has for the Rodgers/Brady/Mahomes/Allen QBs and that's why they're scheduled for Saturday night. It never occurred to them the MNF game winner would never be scheduled for a Saturday turnaround. :messedup:

They're also going back to 2019 for a lot of their "proof" of their dominance over the Packers. You mean when the defense was coordinated by somebody else and the players were significantly different?? :roll:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Good point about the game script and flow. The niners arent a team you would want to get down against, because once they have you in a position where you must throw...the pass rushers can just pen their ear back and freely attack. And they have the rushers to make this a nightmare scenario.

We all know this though.

So certainly going down by say 14 in the first quarter would be a nightmare, especially how we seem to lack patience when down and seem to want to get it all back in one play.

Playing with a lead or even a very close game is just fine though and a game script we can survive.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The defense has to play disciplined against the run. Can't over pursue like the Cowboys did. Deebo and Mitchell both love to cut back against the flow so we need to stay in our lanes and attack straight ahead. Amazing how Kittle was a non-factor in the pass game yesterday. I anticipate them using him much more against us. Hopefully the cold weather affects Jimmy G's thumb and he has trouble holding onto the football.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Defensive game plan should be to sell out against the run and try to keep deebo in check. We wont stop the running attack but to hold it in check and GB wins. Jimmy G is not winning a shoot out. Force them to pass

There cbs are not good. Adams and friends should torch them. Get the ball out and use the backs to slow down their attacking style. Getting the running backs going in the passing attack could work well Saturday.

49ers are tough but GB is still the better team/roster and its really not that close. They match up well but so do we. Its our time

31-21 GB

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wonder why ceedee lamb was such a ghost yesterday. Injured? No time to find him? Something the niners were doing to bottle him up?

If it’s something the niners were doing then the pack would be wise to assume the niners may try something similar on Adams.

Maybe it can be countered.