49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Jan 2022 21:02
Besides me and Bogey, Who on packers-huddle will be at Lambeau on Saturday?
At the very least. I’ll be helping at the VFW stand in Lot 1.

Stop in and have a shot 👍

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I think the key is what we do on first downs. They have a superb front line on D. And if we are able to get 4+ yards consistently on first downs, that'll lead to a good run game which'll lead to wearing down their D.

If we control that much, then we win. It'll be good to get a couple of INTs as well.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'm trying to figure out why it is said that the 49ers have this spectacular rushing offense that will give us fits more than any other team. They have the same Y/C that we do at 4.3. According to PFR we have a much greater expected points out of our running game.

It actuality when you look at what has been driving their offense, it is their passing game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 09:53
I'm trying to figure out why it is said that the 49ers have this spectacular rushing offense that will give us fits more than any other team. They have the same Y/C that we do at 4.3. According to PFR we have a much greater expected points out of our running game.

It actuality when you look at what has been driving their offense, it is their passing game.
I think there definitely is some laziness when evaluating them right now. They've gone on a nice little run and everyone is acting like they're the 2019 version of the 49ers, which they definitely are not. They still scare me, but not like I felt going into that Championship Game 2 years ago. Not even close.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I would call them a very good run offense. Looks to be top 10.

image.png
image.png (194.89 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Even better once they realized they can play Deebo at RB.
image.png
image.png (184.07 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Still a good run D, but pretty poor pass D. I would expect to have some modest running success, nothing big, enough to keep it honest, but Aaron to get a 30-35 attempts.
image.png
image.png (195.79 KiB) Viewed 557 times

I definitely expect them to come out pounding, and lots of jet sweeps, end arounds, etc. Back side edges gunna have their work cut out for them.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm expecting teams to test Rasul. Everybody knows now how he anticipates and jumps routes. See if this kid holds strong and only jumps enough routes to get 3 INTs.

Also, Jaire should face testing. Anybody coming back from injury.

With Jaire and Z coming back, we should have some great new, unscouted looks!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah I would say what makes them tough to defend in the run game is how untraditional their attack can be.

They make you account for the traditional RB running what looks like a halfback dive, and then hand it to Deebo who basically does and end around.

Or fake the end around, while slamming the RB between the tackles.

They certainly make a defense think about more possibilities in the run game than many other teams.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Yikes, those charts definitely don't help to calm my nerves. They confirm what all of our eye tests show; since about middle of the year, they are a really freakin' good team.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I feel like the Cowboys were like a threshold throughout the year. If you beat them, you are probably a good team.
If they beat you, you are probably not a very good team.

The Niners whipped the cowboys until it got close at the end. (i think the final score made the game look closer than it really was).

So ya, the Niners are a really good team. They beat the Rams in the final week, and we just saw the Rams look like world beaters.

This does not mean the Packers are not a really good team. It doesnt mean that we shouldnt win...but heck ya the Niners can beat us and heck ya they are to be respected.

Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk, that run game, competent QB play, elite ILB play (warner), eliter pass rush (Bosa and the gang)...yeah we need to come out on our A game.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If this doesn't get your blood pumping, you are dead.
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

SF wins and losses are weird. They have games they get smoked and really play bad or dominate. Not much in between. Their losses they all have a common theme..... Sacks and pressures. The cards completely shut down the run game but overall these teams got after Jimmy G or Lance

What a time to turn up the pressure with so e guys coming back. Sell out on the run on early downs and hit these qbs on 3rd. Sounds simple but the 49ers qb play cant beat us

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (426.93 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Absolutely need disciplined OLB play. We have show we can do that. It may sacrifice pass rush a bit. We get that and make them run it up the gut and it will go a long way in stopping their rushing attack. Looking through it, the 49ers might be the worst between the tackles running team left.
image.png
image.png (811.33 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Jimmy G passer rating by depth and direction
image.png
image.png (486.85 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Targets, direction, and depth for receivers.
image.png
image.png (835.68 KiB) Viewed 503 times
49er defense against passes by direction and depth

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/nfl-stats/
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bakhtiari not practicing today. "Load Management". MLF won't commit to him playing yet.

Mercilus is practicing. Will have to see how he looks, so probably will be a late week decision on him.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I love MLF. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 07:57
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Jan 2022 21:02
Besides me and Bogey, Who on packers-huddle will be at Lambeau on Saturday?
At the very least. I’ll be helping at the VFW stand in Lot 1.

Stop in and have a shot 👍
off the stools and go buy some tools, your young, don't waste your life gulping down stimulating urine :rotf:

have a good time :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
18 Jan 2022 12:07
Bakhtiari not practicing today. "Load Management". MLF won't commit to him playing yet.

Mercilus is practicing. Will have to see how he looks, so probably will be a late week decision on him.
Matt wont give the Niners anything to game plan for.

we can't take this game lightly, but the Niners have to be chiting razor blades coming to frigid Lambeau and having to deal with our offense.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i like good news