49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

The Packers are healthy, more healthy than in a long time. They are rested too.

The 49'ers are a warm weather team coming into likely single digits on a short week. Their best defensive player is banged up.

There are a few ways the Packers can lose:
#1 Overconfidence - I doubt it
#2 Turnovers by the Packers - fumbles most likely, passes that should have been caught but are tipped to the defensive player are also possible

#3 AR plays like crap. God I hope not. There is no possible excuse, but this scares me.

#4 Special teams

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
18 Jan 2022 12:10
I love MiLF.
You're in luck !
Apparently, there are entire websites dedicated to your love interests.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
18 Jan 2022 13:55
hmmm...are we sure we want mobile, athletic, mystery Trey Lance over statue Jimmy?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 14:06
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
hmmm...are we sure we want mobile, athletic, mystery Trey Lance over statue Jimmy?
I think Shanny is just effin' with MLF.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 14:06
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
I think based on what we've seen from Trey, I would be giddy if he started. He might still be good, but current state? I'd be good with this.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

I call bravo sierra on that tweet. The line moves based on wagers placed - means SF attracting bets. Time for Aaron to fulfill his promise to make SF sorry for not drafting him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lake shark wrote:
18 Jan 2022 14:41
I call bravo sierra on that tweet. The line moves based on wagers placed - means SF attracting bets. Time for Aaron to fulfill his promise to make SF sorry for not drafting him.
Actually the other way around. The line opened at -5.5 and it moving to -6 means more of the money was on GB to cover at -5.5. Now, I call BS as well, as a real story like that would move the line much farther. A .5 point twitch in the line just means the public thought Vegas gave SF too much credit. ALSO, the line hasn't actually moved in most places, so more BS.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Moneyline on the Packers is -250... :shock:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

According to a reply on that tweet, our defensive DVOA is 22nd?

That combined with eye test for, idk, the past month, does have me concerned that they are going to run all over us just like 2019.

But we are a much better team than we were then, and they are not as dominant, especially on defense. So on paper, this will come down to whether Rodgers has a bad game or not. Average or above I think gets us to the NFCCG.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Our run defense is fine when we want it to be fine as well as healthy and with the secondary we have there is no reason we wouldn't make run defense the top priority.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Jan 2022 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm thinking if we start each half with a couple long drives, that'll sap any residual adrenaline warmth they may have mustered and that oh-so-awesome run game will sputter. If the 9ers get behind and have to move it through the air, I am abundantly optimistic we'll win. He'll, even if they have some success running*, I'm abundantly optimistic for a win.

All this "I fear the 9ers" hand wringing nonsense....Pfft. We got this.

*relatively speaking

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The one big weakness the Packers have had this year has largely been slow points production from the offense to start the game.

Ironically one of the few times we got out to a large and early lead was against SF Wk 3 when we were up by 17 points.

Then STs said...."hold my beer"

Getting an early lead would be great. But it hasn't been our "M-O" at least this season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I guess I'm not buying all of the 49er hype. The Cowboys played horrendous and still almost won the game. The Dak interception was the game changer. Cowboys definitely outplayed them in 2nd half.

Our earlier game with them was turned on the kickoff return before the 2nd half. We had our way with them with Yosh making his first start.

I think the weather and field negates their speed on defense. Can't wait to see how Jimmy G's thumb likes the cold weather too. 9 in the box and make him beat us!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 15:56
Our run defense is fine when we want it to be fine as well as healthy and with the secondary we have there is no reason we wouldn't make run defense the top priority.
Let's hope

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

texas wrote:
18 Jan 2022 16:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2022 15:56
Let's hope
Don't need to hope really, we have precedent for it this year.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Jimmy G is by no means a quarterback to be feared but I have seen him make throws in some clutch late-game situations. Heard today that SF has a much much better record when he doesn't throw an INT. We have forced turnovers out of much better QB's this season, so I'm optimistic that we'll get at least one out of him.

When it comes down to it, I don't think Aaron Rodgers will let us lose this one- even if for some reason the defense absolutely sucks.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2022 19:57
APB wrote:
17 Jan 2022 19:25
Does this even matter in the playoffs? Don’t they do mixed crews during the post-season?

If it matters, what is Torbert’s track record? Any idea?
I don’t have a strong opinion which probably means it’s a great crew.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

A face to the name.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

This thread sounds a lot like the Cowboys forums must have looked a week ago...and we know how it ended. :dunno: I have much respect for these 49ers. They have a pretty clever coach, the have a run game, we play with heavy expectations, they play without heavy expectations, we have an offense that sometimes starts pretty slow, we have a defense that's still suspicious, we did not win any NFC game at home in this millenium, we are maybe rusty, they are not, ok they have Jimmy G, but again: they have a run game. I think this game will go to the wire, it won't be a blow-out.

My concern is that deep into their heads they do underestimate the 49ers like some do here. If it is the NFC game it won't happen, especially not with Uncle Tom coming to town, but they beat the 49ers, they feel an advantage over them due to home field, Bye-week. All this can easily lead to a bad start and these 49ers are not Seattle of 2008 where you could start 0-14 and then still with 42-24.