49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

If I were the Niners;

First Debo is going to get his plays like Adams will for the Packers.

Match up Kittle on Savage. Savage has struggled.

Jimmy G is beat up thumb/shoulder on throwing arm. So every few series bring Trey Lance in and run the option. If not Lance then the wildcat.

Challenge GB’s STs. Try some blocks, fakes, etc…
Love is the answer…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Foosball wrote:
19 Jan 2022 12:36
If I were the Niners;

Jimmy G is beat up thumb/shoulder on throwing arm. So every few series bring Trey Lance in and run the option. If not Lance then the wildcat.

who are you rooting for Foos? why are Packer fans describing how the Gold diggers will beat us? we are going to !@#$ pound the Niners, my biggest worry is that we get a 3 score lead, relax and let these guys back in the game as we have several other times this year, Peddle to the meddle for 60 minutes boys :aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
19 Jan 2022 13:06
Foosball wrote:
If I were the Niners;

who are you rooting for Foos? why are Packer fans describing how the Gold diggers will beat us? we are going to !@#$ pound the Niners, my biggest worry is that we get a 3 score lead, relax and let these guys back in the game as we have several other times this year, Peddle to the meddle for 60 minutes boys :aok:
Gotta know your enemy if you want to beat them.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Jan 2022 11:48

My $%@# hero
We'll be loud! And ready to stand the entire game if necessary. IT IS TIME!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Not good news on MVS.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

What is wrong with MVS?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
19 Jan 2022 17:19
What is wrong with MVS?
Hurt his back in the finale.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
19 Jan 2022 17:14
Not good news on MVS.
disagree.
The headline writers are trying to make something out of nothing...and came up short imo.
For all we know this was always part of the plan with MVS: practice, rest, practice, rest, play. We'll know more tomorrow.
IT. IS. TIME

Washington49er
Reactions:

Post by Washington49er »

Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:
If I were the Niners;

Cowboy fans said the same thing. Not saying 9ers will win but I don't think either team is getting "pounded".

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Washington49er wrote:
19 Jan 2022 19:42
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:
If I were the Niners;

Cowboy fans said the same thing. Not saying 9ers will win but I don't think either team is getting "pounded".
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Cowboys fans…enough said. Egads. But to your point, I agree neither team is gonna win big. I expect a one-score game, maybe a late (Packers) score to bump it up to 10 and out of reach. ;)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Washington49er wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:
If I were the Niners;

Glad that you are here with us, if only for a time. My son is a Niners fan. He drank that water when he was a kid. But he remember Rice and Young very well. If I weren't a Packer fan, I'd almost consider the Niners. But this Packer franchise is just incredible.

I'm sure it'll be a great game, very competitive. Bodies flying all over the place and hard hits galore. You might say that the Niners hit harder and you might be right. But then, I'd say that the Pack takes the hit better.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

love the optimism around here...IE: No keke wont matter, dead last STs wont matter, MVS missing practice is not a bad sign etc....

All optimistic views that I hope are rooted in reality and prove true.

Go Pack Go.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

It might stay close if Scantling can't play, if he can, we win by double digits, ya can't let that speed run free deep, that means safety coverage, and Tae or Cobb and the rest will be single covered, plus Jones and Dillon, the 9ers may have a good defense but we have one of the best offenses in the league.

this will be a good tune up for Tampa or LA.

PS, we are not the Dallas Cowboys :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 07:22
love the optimism around here...IE: No keke wont matter, dead last STs wont matter, MVS missing practice is not a bad sign etc....

Go Pack Go.
that was sorta shocking, KeKe is just such a big liability against the run, his pass rush ability just couldn't compensate for it, next man up ;)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 07:22

Go Pack Go.
One point of optimism. The Packers did win a Super Bowl with Slocum as their ST coach. Just hope if we win the Super Bowl, we still have more guts than McCarthy did and not hold onto our ST Coordinator for 4 additional years.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Washington49er wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Foosball wrote:
If I were the Niners;

Welcome to the forum! I love it when opposing fans intermingle. After all, at the end of the day, we are all just trying to have a good time.

I agree that SF is a really good football team. I was one who respected SF very, very much Week 3. I was therefore shocked how well the Packers played the 9ers. That game was heading in the direction of a blowout until we allowed that long kick return and the refs doubled down on not calling that intentional grounding. There was also a poorly called DPI on Eric Stokes in the 2nd half. I know. I know. We got away with a holding on the 27 yard Adams reception on that final drive.

Anyway, I think SF will present a great challenge. Ultimately however I feel GB is by far and away the best team in the league in this year. They are physical, deep, emotionally tough, etc.

The Packers just have a lot of ways of beating teams.

Also, it is our turn. It is crazy the last time we beat the 9ers in the playoffs was the 2001 season. :shock:

The Packers and 49ers have a great rivalry. Both amazing franchises. Glad you are here. I have a lot of respect for your run game, your front 7 on defense and honestly Jimmy G has been pretty good this year.

Hope you have a terrible Saturday evening. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Can’t believe how hard it is find people who wanna go tailgate for a few hours then come home and watch the game on TV. I need some new friends.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Keke hasn't been anything to this team for a month and isn't a run defense aficionado.

NO ONE has said Special Teams won't matter, NO ONE.

MVS missing practice is not a bad sign as it was EXPLAINED by the COACHES that he wouldn't be practicing the entire week.

Why wouldn't $%@# Packer fans, WE, be optimistic right now? We are the number 1 seed in the NFC with the best record in the NFL. We are getting back 3 All-Pro players for the playoff run, PLUS several other starters and key players.

If one wants to tamp down their expectations to try and save their own fragile emotions, fine, but don't come here and expect us to ride that ride with you. And don't call this over pessimistic take on everything the "realistic" view, that's complete &%$@. I, personally, want to be hyped and excited for a win. I want that expectation BECAUSE IT IS REALISTIC! We played 6 playoff teams in 2021 and went 5-1! $%@# the hand wringing, there are few reasons why we should not be optimistic.!
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 20 Jan 2022 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 07:57
Can’t believe how hard it is find people who wanna go tailgate for a few hours then come home and watch the game on TV. I need some new friends.
Come pick me up.

Read More. Post Less.