If not the Packers, then…?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Should the Packers fall, I hope the ______ go on to win the SB.

:bengals:
19%
:bills:
44%
:chiefs:
No votes
:rams:
4%
:49ers:
4%
:buccaneers:
No votes
:titans:
4%
Nobody. The SB should be cxl’d. Misery loves company.
26%

Total votes: 27

APB
Reactions:

If not the Packers, then…?

Post by APB »

Let’s say, hypothetically, by some evil force of nature the Packers don’t make it out of this weekend alive. Which team do you then hope to eventually reign as NFL champion?

I’m usually prone to back the team that ousts the Packers but as I think about it, I just can’t see myself hoping for a 49er triumph. I think, for me, I’d then hope for a Buffalo Bills crowning. I like the team, I like the staff, and lord knows that fan base has suffered long enough.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I chose the Bills because my heart absolutely broke for them in the early 90's. They were such a good team and wish they could have won at least one of those Super Bowls.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I choose not to participate in this.

I want everyone miserable if I am miserable.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2022 09:05

:lol: :lol:

I have amended the poll to allow your voice to be heard.

For those who had already voted, you’ll need to re-submit. My apologies.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:

Good answer!

But I picked the Bengals. They are a team I still, sort of, cheer for. Despite all their issues with bad management and such. But they were the first team I started to like as a kid. When you have a guy named Boomer and Ickey on your team and your favorite animal is a tiger, what's an 8 year old supposed to do?
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

not to be counter productive, but I tend to root against teams after we are eliminated, not so much for a favorite, but I'll go with Buffalo in this exercise.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
20 Jan 2022 09:23
go pak go wrote:

Good answer!

But I picked the Bengals. They are a team I still, sort of, cheer for. Despite all their issues with bad management and such. But they were the first team I started to like as a kid. When you have a guy named Boomer and Ickey on your team and your favorite animal is a tiger, what's an 8 year old supposed to do?
Yeah the Bengals are my "2nd team". I always liked them and now that I live in Cincy for a short period I really like them. But I also don't like it when they get too big for their britches you know what I mean?

I am a very, very selfish sports fan. I choose to not acknowledge certain years that a championship actually took place.

Like it's really weird that the 2014 season doesn't have a SB champion. And 2020...clearly needs an asterisk of "fake champion" because of covid you know? Just makes sense.
Last edited by go pak go on 20 Jan 2022 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Buffalo and maybe Tennessee are the only two I would be indifferent about. I don't want to say happy for. Everyone else, there will be some level of disgust.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Good answer!

It’s the team’s ownership that keeps me from embracing them. Paul Brown was a football icon. Mike Brown is a penny pinching profit whore who gives nothing back to the city while being satisfied with decades of garbage product. I hope that family never wins a championship.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 09:34
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Good answer!

It’s the team’s ownership that keeps me from embracing them. Paul Brown was a football icon. Mike Brown is a penny pinching profit whore who gives nothing back to the city while being satisfied with decades of garbage product. I hope that family never wins a championship.
Agreed. And the city itself....meh. They say they like the Bengals but they don't embrace them at all. Again, I don't think that's their fault. It's mainly because their owner has made that team the most boring in the league.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

In terms of franchise and what they are all about, I always felt GB was the best and most iconic with KC being #2.

The fan base I always felt the most heart for is Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland.
Last edited by go pak go on 20 Jan 2022 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
paco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Good answer!

Totally agree. That's why they remain a sentimental favorite, but I don't tend to openly cheer for them.

I'd also be ok with Bills or Titans winning. And honestly the Rams I could live with. Wouldn't mind at all Stafford getting a bit of praise.

Chiefs, 49ers, and Bucs can all pound sand.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I guess I'd have to root for the team that has never won it all, and that was the Bungles for so long. The owners don't sound symphatetic characters, but the fans are maybe due something positive.

I'm totally indifferent about the Bills, they haven't really done anything terrible to us in my (leaky) memory, so I'd have no problem if they won.

Just please not the Bucs. Brady has enough rings.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
Buffalo and maybe Tennessee are the only two I would be indifferent about. I don't want to say happy for. Everyone else, there will be some level of disgust.
This, exactly

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

My family are Bills fans and I grew up in Bills territory, Buffalo all the way. I'll even go the the parade and get hammered.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Bills. Sucks to make the dance so many times and have nothing to show for it, which is also kinda why I don't want them to be our opponent.

They are the only other team I like in any way; my feelings on the other teams range from Indifferent to Hostile.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
20 Jan 2022 12:44
Bills. Sucks to make the dance so many times and have nothing to show for it, which is also kinda why I don't want them to be our opponent.

They are the only other team I like in any way; my feelings on the other teams range from Indifferent to Hostile.
Do you share the same level of empathy for the Vikings? :dunno: :mrgreen:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 13:06
Labrev wrote:

I do. But you can be empathetic and still not want it to happen. I think. :dunno: :idn: :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
20 Jan 2022 13:06
Labrev wrote:

No because I dislike them. :)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »