49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Jan 2022 14:22
:) tti
Bogey wrote:
21 Jan 2022 07:59
BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:22
I did the standing room only tickets for the Steelers game, it was nice. We never even made it up to where we were supposed to go. Just kept standing on the 2nd level area for like 3-30 minutes at a time till security told us to find our seats. Had about 50th row, 30 yard line to 30 yard line viewing the entire game. :lol:

Don't yell at me @Bogey
Your secret is safe, BF. 😀
Hey Bogey ... will you be at Fan Assistace Section 109 on Saturday?
I will indeed Ringo, although I move around the stadium a lot so if I’m not there please have them tell Rick that Ringo says hi.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So where and how do you use Jaire this weekend, especially if you aren't banking him on playing every snap.

Do you put Jaire is his usual spot and mess with Stokes and move him around to left side or slot over Sullivan or Rasul. Or just keep Stokes at right outside CB and let Jaire get the slot snaps, moving Sullivan to the bench? Just come in in dime packages, likely a lot of slot work, or again, move Stokes elsewhere.

Just have him shadow Deebo when he is in.

Other, combination of all?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
21 Jan 2022 16:27
So where and how do you use Jaire this weekend, especially if you aren't banking him on playing every snap.

Do you put Jaire is his usual spot and mess with Stokes and move him around to left side or slot over Sullivan or Rasul. Or just keep Stokes at right outside CB and let Jaire get the slot snaps, moving Sullivan to the bench? Just come in in dime packages, likely a lot of slot work, or again, move Stokes elsewhere.

I personally like the idea of using him inside and leaving Stokes and Rasul alone. I think when you have a rookie and an out-of-nowhere star playing well, it's best to keep a good thing strong. So I'd put him in Sullivan's role to start and leave him in unless he needs to take some series off in which case Sullivan moves back up.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The past two weeks have been one helluva transaction log
image.png
image.png (110.33 KiB) Viewed 536 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Jan 2022 16:32
BF004 wrote:

I personally like the idea of using him inside and leaving Stokes and Rasul alone. I think when you have a rookie and an out-of-nowhere star playing well, it's best to keep a good thing strong. So I'd put him in Sullivan's role to start and leave him in unless he needs to take some series off in which case Sullivan moves back up.
I was thinking the same thing.

9ers do go heavy personnel a lot, so we might not do as much dime as normal, but likely enough nickel + dime snaps to Sullivan and Jaire on the field a lot.

And yeah, if Stokes is playing well, I let him take every single snap at right CB, for this week at least. Reassess from there if applicable.

Or if Stokes gives up a play or two, start mixing in Jaire out there, even when 2 CBs on the field.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Means nothing, but Kenny Clark's rookie year, the run the table year, he went and blew up the playoffs. He was a wrecking crew in Dallas helping shut down Zeke all game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Slayton up his game in the post season in a comparable way.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Jan 2022 16:32
BF004 wrote:

Bring Jaire in on passing downs for slot.
Love is the answer…

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Acrobat wrote:
21 Jan 2022 15:32
I am tempted to call the police on him for indecent exposure so he can't play tomorrow!

Hey Bogey, can you arrange to have this image posted on the Jumbotron at some opportune time tomorrow?
:nono: :rotf:
GO PACK GO!!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Hell yes Kurt! D going to stuff them Niners!
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Less than 24 hours away now. IT IS TIME!!

It is time to push the intensity ......... drive, precision, beat the man in front of you, pound, evade, block, tackle, basically execute for 60 minutes in all 3 phases.

:cheese: :packers: :lombardi:

GET LOUD LAMBEAU

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m so friggin’ hyped I decided to stay awake all night just so I can call today “game day”…

:beer: :rodeo: :beer2:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Packers: Seven players with fresh legs. Three of them pro bowlers. One former pro bowler.

Bakhtiari
Jaire
Za’Darius
Billy Turner
Randall Cobb
Josh Meyers
Mercilus

The rest of the team is rested and healed up from the bye week.

Niners:
Tired
Injury riddled
Coming off a short week
Love is the answer…

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
21 Jan 2022 18:34
Acrobat wrote:
21 Jan 2022 15:32
I am tempted to call the police on him for indecent exposure so he can't play tomorrow!

Hey Bogey, can you arrange to have this image posted on the Jumbotron at some opportune time tomorrow?
:nono: :rotf:
I was pretty calm for this game but this really pissed me off!! :kaboom:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m pretty sure the Niners will start the game (just like us) on adrenaline and they’ll be fine for the first half or most of it. But let’s see if they are too dinged up and fade in the second half. I don’t expect they will and it’ll be a competitive game all night.

I really think Aaron has the most to prove in this game, as well as MLF as HC. They need to prove that we can win well in January, better than ever.

The Niners resemble their team from two years ago, but they aren’t the same. And the Packers have depth and a couple of skill guys (thinking Campbell and Dillon) that will have impact that we didn’t have two years ago.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

GAME DAY! LET'S GO!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Is the Dallas defense physical? I never thought of them that way. I thought they were a fast defense that caused a ton of takeaways. This vaunted SF offense scored 23 on them and that was from a terrible pick by Dak.

I think our defense will answer the bell.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 09:22
GD right! Love it!

LFG!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I hate the talk about a Rodgers no INT streak. I feel that always gets broken at the worst times...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

No David Moore? :messedup:

Maybe he is still suffering from Covid.
Love is the answer…