I tried

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:45
TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:37
salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:30
Lupe and about everyone else gets a medal for saying STs are bad

Good job!

Exactly. Everyone and their brother was saying that if the Packers lost, it would be on the ST. And it was.

However Lupe has a point regarding Rodgers. If he wants another SB, if he wants another playoff game, he has to find a better team. For him to stay guts the D and Adams will not stay no matter what. Whether Rodgers or Love is the QB next season, the run is over. The Packers are no longer a playoff team.
There is no better team he will find than what we had this year.
That is 100% true, but the Packers lose Adams no matter what. Also lose Tonyan, Nijman, Campbell and Douglas if Rodgers stays. I was looking forward to next year, not to this season.

And they lose Jaire and Jenkins a year from now if Rodgers stays.

And they can't sign more than a punter as a FA this offseason either.
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 22 Jan 2022 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:43
go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:31
It's an absolute joke that people are trying to pivot tonight defending poor Rodgers.

The act is getting really old.
Hey man. Jordan Love really killed it tonight. So did Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, JMon Moore, Cole Madison, JK Scott, Jace Sternberger, Keke Kingsley, and Kamal Martin. Those are the top 5 picks not on the team. Would you like me to add Deguara, Savage, Newman, and Amari Rodgers as well?

Should include great FA signings like over the hill Mercedes Lewis and bum Kevin King as well.

Stop blaming the player getting us to the playoffs and look inward.
This argument has gotta be... 10 years old now? At least.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Just everyone get in line.

The cynical person who didn’t like the packer odds despite being the Vegas favorites, yet no team having better than a possible 20% chance of winning the super bowl feels vindicated for something they didn’t boisterously say 3 weeks ago. But claims they did now.

Why can’t you all just admit how right he was? It would go a long to filling his ego.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:46
I literally can't believe fans are patting themselves on the back for saying "they knew STs would cost us"

They are literally historically bad. Everyone knew it was a risk. The hope was our defense and offense would do enough to not put the STs in that position.

The defense did. The offense did not.
So it’s Rodgers fault though? Rodgers fault Lewis fumbled. Rodgers fault Deguara couldnt catch a dime? Rodgers fault The offensive line in shambles couldn’t hold up against one of the leagues best DL. Rodgers fault Lazard could t get open worth a damn with Adams drawing double coverage.

Stop blaming the best thing to ever happen to the Packers and look inward. You people are so quick to blame a Packer and you overlook those running the Packers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers should have swung his metaphorical stick a little more during all his pressers and time on Mcafee and called out Drayton and the ST.

If he had said the words "the STs could prevent us from winning the SB if changes arent made on that unit" then some hands would have been forced.

Its his legacy, Brady would have absolutley done that if his team was dealing with that slop. Hell Brady would have appointed himself STs coach.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:49
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:43
go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:31
It's an absolute joke that people are trying to pivot tonight defending poor Rodgers.

The act is getting really old.
Hey man. Jordan Love really killed it tonight. So did Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, JMon Moore, Cole Madison, JK Scott, Jace Sternberger, Keke Kingsley, and Kamal Martin. Those are the top 5 picks not on the team. Would you like me to add Deguara, Savage, Newman, and Amari Rodgers as well?

Should include great FA signings like over the hill Mercedes Lewis and bum Kevin King as well.

Stop blaming the player getting us to the playoffs and look inward.
This argument has gotta be... 10 years old now? At least.
It's laughably ignorant at this point.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

The team let special teams go without being corrected.

Massive blight kn mlf and gute.

Special teams is so important in playoffs and even more important in bad weather football. It is as if those running team don't understand this ... it is fukn green bay.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:49
Just everyone get in line.

The cynical person who didn’t like the packer odds despite being the Vegas favorites, yet no team having better than a possible 20% chance of winning the super bowl feels vindicated for something they didn’t boisterously say 3 weeks ago. But claims they did now.

Why can’t you all just admit how right he was? It would go a long to filling his ego.
Sorry, I forgot that is all he is here for. He's right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:50
go pak go wrote:
I literally can't believe fans are patting themselves on the back for saying "they knew STs would cost us"

They are literally historically bad. Everyone knew it was a risk. The hope was our defense and offense would do enough to not put the STs in that position.

So it’s Rodgers fault though? Rodgers fault Lewis fumbled. Rodgers fault Deguara couldnt catch a dime? Rodgers fault The offensive line in shambles couldn’t hold up against one of the leagues best DL. Rodgers fault Lazard could t get open worth a damn with Adams drawing double coverage.

Stop blaming the best thing to ever happen to the Packers and look inward. You people are so quick to blame a Packer and you overlook those running the Packers.
You've blamed the entire roster for 10+ years now. A little ironic isn't it?
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:39
Tonight, a big reason for the loss was the OL and specifically the tackles. Turner should have been RT and Nieman at LT.
That was dumb, yeah. When I saw we were starting Turner at LT, I started getting a foreboding feeling.

'Still think Rodgers shoulders way more of the blame. ST above all else, Refs after that, then the "MVP."
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:52
wallyuwl wrote:
Tonight, a big reason for the loss was the OL and specifically the tackles. Turner should have been RT and Nieman at LT.
That was dumb, yeah. When I saw we were starting Turner at LT, I started getting a foreboding feeling.

'Still think Rodgers shoulders way more of the blame. ST above all else, Refs after that, then the "MVP."
It wasn't even the line that lost us the game. That's just a lazy take. I was skeptical of it, but they did a decent job for the most part.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The fact you are defending Rodgers on a post where I didn't even mention Rodgers....oh boy.

But yeah. Rodgers was pretty inaccurate tonight. Most all of the balls were challenging catches. He didn't put the balls at great spots.

It's too bad. Our defense just played so freaking well.

The Packers are just losers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Rasul Douglas, Rashan Gary, Devondre Campbell, Eric Stokes, among others. Swings both ways. You make good moves, you make bad. These guys helped make the Packers one of the best in the league this year.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:54
Labrev wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

It wasn't even the line that lost us the game. That's just a lazy take. I was skeptical of it, but they did a decent job for the most part.
I thought they played pretty well too. Certainly could have done a lot worse.

I was surprised the ball wasn't coming out faster. It did that first drive.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

No receivers. They doubled Adams and that was all she wrote on offense. Lazard and Cobb were useless. Lewis fumbled. Deguara couldnt catch. Jones decided to juke a ghost. Rodgers fault though.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:01
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No receivers. They doubled Adams and that was all she wrote on offense. Lazard and Cobb were useless. Lewis fumbled. Deguara couldnt catch. Jones decided to juke a ghost. Rodgers fault though.
Your GODgers also decided to air it out on a pointless attempt when the game was on the line.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Your GODgers also decided to air it out on a pointless attempt when the game was on the line.
Yup. Frustration throw. I don’t blame him. Would have done the same thing myself. Just chuck it as hard as you can and get that anger out if they aren’t going to give you any talent to work with.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'll have no trouble ignoring folks like the pathetic version of [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] who is showing up tonight.

Aaron Rodgers is such a MOST VALUABLE PLAYER that he only needs superior weapons, a fantastic defence, superb STs, a dominant running game AND a wall of an Oline to give him a chance at a SB.

If any of the above fail, don't blame poor Aaron Rodgers! He's just a victim of poor team management. It's not like the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF THE ENTIRE LEAGUE is expected to carry an imperfect team or something...

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:09
TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:06
lupedafiasco wrote:

Yup. Frustration throw. I don’t blame him. Would have done the same thing myself. Just chuck it as hard as you can and get that anger out if they aren’t going to give you any talent to work with.
Dude.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:10
I'll have no trouble ignoring folks like the pathetic version of @lupedafiasco who is showing up tonight.

Aaron Rodgers is such a MOST VALUABLE PLAYER that he only needs superior weapons, a fantastic defence, superb STs, a dominant running game AND a wall of an Oline to give him a chance at a SB.

If any of the above fail, don't blame poor Aaron Rodgers! He's just a victim of poor team management. It's not like the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER OF THE ENTIRE LEAGUE is expected to carry an imperfect team or something...
:clap: :clap: :clap: