49ers @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/22 - 7:15 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 22:18
Aaand an all-in year ends in a poof of $%@# special teams.

Drayton's teams' failures may reach worst of all time-levels.
Sports History is full of almosts and wtf moments

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

German_Panzer wrote:
23 Jan 2022 01:14
I would also like to take a serious look about MLF. He is a nice guy - as well as MM before him. Now many fans detect soft play as one constant in our futile quest to get to another SB after 2011. Coincidence? Do we need a more badass coach?
I didn’t see soft at all. A loss doesn’t mean soft ffs.
I saw a team with better DL then we have OL

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

JKB wrote:
23 Jan 2022 06:58
German_Panzer wrote:
I would also like to take a serious look about MLF. He is a nice guy - as well as MM before him. Now many fans detect soft play as one constant in our futile quest to get to another SB after 2011. Coincidence? Do we need a more badass coach?
Soft can mean a lot of things. Not canning the guy sabotaging your team that you just hired, is soft in a way.

Refusing to run the ball, after it just worked to the point where you got your 10th point with it, Is soft in a way.

Hugging Shananan after the loss after he tried to steal your QB, and refused to look you in the eye when you beat him...is soft in a way.

I’ve seen waaaay softer, but ya I little softness in his playoff football mentality.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

williewasgreat wrote:
23 Jan 2022 05:57
BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:44
Will take a little time to emotionally think about this, but I think he is done as a packer.

I think he is so light years ahead of Love intellectually and prolly will be forever, over every other Qb who has ever played.

But we’re just not gunna have a good of team on paper with cap reasons.

Matt had to make special teams #1 priority or even qb this year, figure it out after that.
Rodgers is not as intelligent as many think. He is stubborn to a fault, which is not indicative of a truly intelligent person. With the exception of 2010, he has not been able to lead his team to playoff success.
Aaron Rodgers was not the leader of that 2010 run. He had the Falcons game, but that run was all about bailing the offense out. The offense couldn't seal it in Philly, Chicago or the SB.

The defense had to step in each time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:06
williewasgreat wrote:
BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:44
Will take a little time to emotionally think about this, but I think he is done as a packer.

I think he is so light years ahead of Love intellectually and prolly will be forever, over every other Qb who has ever played.

But we’re just not gunna have a good of team on paper with cap reasons.

Matt had to make special teams #1 priority or even qb this year, figure it out after that.
Rodgers is not as intelligent as many think. He is stubborn to a fault, which is not indicative of a truly intelligent person. With the exception of 2010, he has not been able to lead his team to playoff success.
Aaron Rodgers was not the leader of that 2010 run. He had the Falcons game, but that run was all about bailing the offense out. The offense couldn't seal it in Philly, Chicago or the SB.

Definitely debatable whether he was the proverbial leader in the 2010 run, but I certainly wouldn't say the defense needed to bail us out ever - besides Chicago. Maybe, maybe with Philly. Rodgers was playing just as well as he did/does in the regular season back then and is the reasoning behind most people pointing out he's never been good in the playoffs besides that year. As a fan, now that we are coming near end of the Rodgers era... you're able to take off the Rodgers glasses a little more.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:22
go pak go wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

Definitely debatable whether he was the proverbial leader in the 2010 run, but I certainly wouldn't say the defense needed to bail us out ever - besides Chicago. Maybe, maybe with Philly. Rodgers was playing just as well as he did/does in the regular season back then and is the reasoning behind most people pointing out he's never been good in the playoffs besides that year. As a fan, now that we are coming near end of the Rodgers era... you're able to take off the Rodgers glasses a little more.
So Chicago and Philly....that leaves one more game. So you do agree with me.

Rodgers played GREAT in the SB. But even in that game, he was slow in the 2nd half and when they had the opportunity to seal the game, they had to settle for a FG. It was just like last night. 1st and goal. Everyone knows a TD seals it. He couldn't do it. 2020 - everyone knows a TD vs Tampa might seal the comeback. 1st and goal. He couldn't do it. 2014 - he is inside the 5 yardline because the defense got us turnovers what....more than 4 times? He couldn't do it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I have no problem saying the front office didn't assemble good teams for a number of years. But most teams don't. You can't assemble great teams year after year.

But the Packers in a 10 year stretch assembled great, great championship caliber teams in 2011, 2014, 2020 and 2021. The fact we won zero of them....
Yoop wrote:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:30
TheGreenMan wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:22
go pak go wrote:

So Chicago and Philly....that leaves one more game. So you do agree with me.

Rodgers played GREAT in the SB. But even in that game, he was slow in the 2nd half and when they had the opportunity to seal the game, they had to settle for a FG. It was just like last night. 1st and goal. Everyone knows a TD seals it. He couldn't do it. 2020 - everyone knows a TD vs Tampa might seal the comeback. 1st and goal. He couldn't do it. 2014 - he is inside the 5 yardline because the defense got us turnovers what....more than 4 times? He couldn't do it.
Yes.
RIP JustJeff

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My biggest frustration all year has been that when our offense gets stagnant MLF does nothing to jump start. Not saying it has to be a trick play but sometimes you have to do something different.

Don't remember one run with Deguara in the FB position. Or how about Jones and Dillion together with Jones running/faking the jet sweep like we did against Tennessee about 5 or 6 times last year. Or start Cobb in the backfield for a play or two.

No creativity to change things up. Two years in a row he has done nothing to change momentum.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:42
My biggest frustration all year has been that when our offense gets stagnant MLF does nothing to jump start. Not saying it has to be a trick play but sometimes you have to do something different.

Don't remember one run with Deguara in the FB position. Or how about Jones and Dillion together with Jones running/faking the jet sweep like we did against Tennessee about 5 or 6 times last year. Or start Cobb in the backfield for a play or two.

No creativity to change things up. Two years in a row he has done nothing to change momentum.
Well Dillon was hurt so....
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

As a side note: Lambeau really begins to be a real home field disadvantage. How many times did we lose there in the Playoffs the last decade? Lambeau in January may prevent high scoring games, i.e. slows down offenses which hurts us more with our prolific offense than others.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
23 Jan 2022 08:16
As a side note: Lambeau really begins to be a real home field disadvantage. How many times did we lose there in the Playoffs the last decade? Lambeau in January may prevent high scoring games, i.e. slows down offenses which hurts us more with our prolific offense than others.
I mean the data shows only two games where it was low scoring at Lambeau. It was vs the 49ers in 2013 and 49ers in 2021.

Scoring has not really ever been an issue at Lambeau in the playoffs.

I don't buy that at all.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

JKB wrote:
23 Jan 2022 06:58
German_Panzer wrote:
I saw a team with a poor ST unit that took 3 points away and gave the opposition 7. The only good thing I saw on ST was Amari Rodgers didn't muff one!
Once our running game sputtered we became one dimensional and SF's pass rush could pin there ears back and have at it.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

packman114 wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:42

This is one of my key points for this game. The Packers/MLF needed to do something unusual to TAKE the game or establish momentum. Sometimes that’s going for it on 4th down. Sometimes it’s doing like the Niners did and run a new wrinkle with T Trent Williams pulling a sweep motion to the right to take out the edge control. Do something unscouted. Do a trick play. Do something unexpected. But do SOMETHING that tells your team that they MUST win at all cost.

Usually, that needs to be done before your offense looks like it’s totally under control by the defense. And that’s what our second half was, save for the one drive when we got into the RZ and couldn’t make the TD.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

In the post game presser, MLF was asked why Adams had so many touches, when Lazard, Cobb, Deguara, etc only had one touch. His response was basically that the playbook has gone through Adams all season and yesterday was no exception.

I like the emphasis on Adams to a degree. Goodness, he almost always wins the route and has the surest hands around. But in championship play, the offense must be more diverse. Otherwise, you’re just predictable and if you are predictable then you are defeated. I’m not sure whether that was the cause or the symptom last night, but it surely was one of those two.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2022 08:54
His response was basically that the playbook has gone through Adams all season and yesterday was no exception.
that almost seems like a politically correct way to say the other guys are trash and dont deserve the ball in a big spot ha
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jan 2022 08:59
Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Jan 2022 08:54
His response was basically that the playbook has gone through Adams all season and yesterday was no exception.
that almost seems like a politically correct way to say the other guys are trash and dont deserve the ball in a big spot ha
The problem is after they started doubling Adams, MLF did nothing to adapt. Cobb and Lazaed could have been schemed open, they have been before.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Man, this sucks... It sucks even more because the reasons why we specifically didn't want to play SF we're not the reasons we lost. They averaged 3.7 yards on the ground. We held to under 150 yards passing. We didn't even let them score an offensive TD...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Scott Kacsmar
@ScottKacsmar

Aaron Rodgers was 41-0 in starts he finished where the Packers held the opponent under 14 points.

41-1 now.
:thwap:
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

So far, the tape is not looking good for the crowd that wants to chalk up our struggles on O to having no good receivers other than Adams and/or them just not getting open.

Lazard wide open over the middle, EQ also open against single coverage down the sidelines. Either one of these, if completed, is a big gain and probably wins the game for us. Adams was CLEARLY double-covered from the moment Rodgers looked at him 'til the moment the ball came out of his hands, and he seemingly did not even turn his head to look at his other two options.

That's all you, Aaron. Anyone who sees this and keeps saying otherwise is the Rodgers equivalent of what they accuse everyone else of being for Gute.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto