BF004 2022 Mock Offseason v.001 (Star Wars Edition)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Welp

I have no idea what this is
23%
More of a Star Trek man myself
No votes
No way that prospect will be there
8%
You didn't even address that position
15%
Bears Still Suck
54%

Total votes: 13

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2022 09:59
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2022 07:00
Sports Illustrated and Matt Schneideman are reporting potential compensation for Rodgers and Adams is 4 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders and a player.

I don't think it's that much, but I do expect heavy compensation.

I mean "technically" Rodgers and Adams going to DEN would make them instant contenders. And that is tough to turn down
If somebody offers that, I take that 100 times out of 100.

I don't think it will be anything hear that.

Guess I am hopeful for more than I put in here, but tried to tone it back.

Just gotta make another mock now where we keep Aaron and Davante now just to see how all the jigsaw pieces actually fit together.
Please do! I was going to do 1 of each, but figuring out the numbers is making my head hurt. Mostly because I have ZERO idea what a new Rodgers deal would look like.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
26 Jan 2022 10:01
BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
26 Jan 2022 07:00
Sports Illustrated and Matt Schneideman are reporting potential compensation for Rodgers and Adams is 4 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders and a player.

I don't think it's that much, but I do expect heavy compensation.

I mean "technically" Rodgers and Adams going to DEN would make them instant contenders. And that is tough to turn down
If somebody offers that, I take that 100 times out of 100.

I don't think it will be anything hear that.

Guess I am hopeful for more than I put in here, but tried to tone it back.

Just gotta make another mock now where we keep Aaron and Davante now just to see how all the jigsaw pieces actually fit together.
Please do! I was going to do 1 of each, but figuring out the numbers is making my head hurt. Mostly because I have ZERO idea what a new Rodgers deal would look like.
I think long term pieces are irrelevant for this exercise. Basically he has about $19.2 million in prorated bonus in '22. Another $7.6 million on the books for '23 (that would come due this year in a trade or release, hence his $26.8 million dead cap in a trade).

But for '22, you can give out a $1 million salary, his $19.2 million prorated bonus, and then basically 1/4th of his guaranteed signing bonus.

For a sample 2 year commitment contract, Give him a $50 million check for signing, can probably bring '22 cap hit down to ~$33 million. Rodgers gets paid about $80 million over the next two years in real money. Throw on a couple dummy years to say whatever you want, make his 'new money' average look like 45 million or 50 million, wouldn't matter.

Leaves us with $25 million in dead money between '24 and '25 to figure out.

image.png
image.png (19.32 KiB) Viewed 231 times

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Awesome stuff!

One question: Do you think there's no trade scenario for either Smith? One would think there'd be interest in their services. The new team has to work out a new deal with them anyways, so high base salaries in 2022 don't mean much. A team may wanna avoid a bidding war if they become UFA's, and thus throw a pick our way for them.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Jan 2022 13:43

Awesome stuff!

One question: Do you think there's no trade scenario for either Smith? One would think there'd be interest in their services. The new team has to work out a new deal with them anyways, so high base salaries in 2022 don't mean much. A team may wanna avoid a bidding war if they become UFA's, and thus throw a pick our way for them.
We can trade Rodgers (post June 1), Z, Preston, Cobb, Turner, and Lewis and end up about plus $28M in cap space. Who else does Rodgers want with him? :lol:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
I think we are counting on removing their deals in order to get under the cap at March 16th. We cannot trade them until the new league year and we have to be under the cap by then. Also no incentive for either Smith to not want to test the market.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
25 Jan 2022 16:39
BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2022 15:27
... and the Packers make the bold move of promoting Assistant Special Teams coach Rayna Stewart to Special Teams coach.
Yeah, this is one that I don't care for at all. Didn't we make that kind of mistake before??? :nuts:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
26 Jan 2022 13:57
salmar80 wrote:
I think we are counting on removing their deals in order to get under the cap at March 16th. We cannot trade them until the new league year and we have to be under the cap by then. Also no incentive for either Smith to not want to test the market.
You have to wonder what kind of market will Z attract after back surgery?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pugger wrote:
26 Jan 2022 15:07
NCF wrote:
26 Jan 2022 13:57
salmar80 wrote:
You have to wonder what kind of market will Z attract after back surgery?
I think he answered that question when he ran over a guard and made a diving sack. Maybe his stamina was not back yet but his quickness and power is. The question is whether Z wants to remain a Packer after this next rebuilding season. If he does not, trade him. Denver has the cap for Rodgers and Adams and Z if they want.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
If you do, please, PLEASE make it a Star Trek themed mock! Being college player ignorant, I need something to compare the mocks against...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 06:36
BF004 wrote:
If you do, please, PLEASE make it a Star Trek themed mock! Being college player ignorant, I need something to compare the mocks against...
I don’t know if I could find enough gifs, lol.

I think I’d do Marvel if I did a theme again. 😛

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 06:36
BF004 wrote:

Read More. Post Less.