Hackett to Broncos

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 08:20
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jan 2022 08:18
He can protect both by promoting one to Assistant Head Coach and one to Offensive Coordinator.
That's what I thought.

Now, is it a DB move or is it morally defensible in this case?
As far as precedent goes this is done all the time. I even believe McCarthy did it in the not so distant past. I guess LaFleur would have to read the room, so to speak. If he believe it is holding them back and they would be bitter over it, then probably don't do it.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 07:52
BF004 wrote:
27 Jan 2022 07:27
Getsy is our passing game coordinator, Stenavich is running game coordinator.

My guess is both are offensive coordinators next year in Denver and GB.
Might need a new run game coordinator.
Evero and Hackett were college teammates at Cal-Davis and worked on the same Buccaneers staff in 2007. Evero interviewed for the Packers defensive coordinator job last year before Joe Barry was hired for that position.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jan 2022 08:23
APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 08:15
paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 07:52

Might need a new run game coordinator.
If I understand how the coaching game works, MLF can "protect" a coach from poaching by promoting him to a position of equal or greater standing within his own staff as compared to the potential new position being offered. Is there a way of "protecting" both by, say, promoting one to OC and the other assuming the title of Assistant Head Coach?

And if MLF is not able to protect both, which coach would you prefer to keep? In my mind, I'd rather retain Stenavich as it seems apparent should Rodgers leave, this offense would see a significant evolution toward a run-heavy offense. Stenavich's playground. With MLF heavily involved in developing the pass game, I'd think we would be OK there.
what ever happened to honoring a contract? seems to me this letting assistants leave has become a gentleman thing to do, if Memory serves we had to give SF a draft pick to aquire Mike Holmgren, imo we should get some sort of compensation for Hackett, Getty, or Stenavich.

I'am happy for Hackett, but upset at the same time, if a coach signs a contract he should be held to it just as we do with players imho.
Don't go down this road. There isn't a position in sports that honors contracts. It's not something that is done and never will be.
RIP JustJeff

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Losing Stenavitch would likely be the biggest blow of the entire off-season.

Even with Rodgers, we need a great run game and OL, both of which Stenavitch has done wonders for.

With Love it's even more important.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If we do lose Stenavich, I believe James Campen could be looking for work after the Texas staff was let go.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

British wrote:
27 Jan 2022 08:33
Losing Stenavitch would likely be the biggest blow of the entire off-season.

Even with Rodgers, we need a great run game and OL, both of which Stenavitch has done wonders for.

With Love it's even more important.
Plenty of talent behind these guys. Outten, Sirmans, Butkus, and Vrable have all been talked up as well. I'm sure we'll be find. MLF has been good at bringing in coaching talent. As long as you don't look at ST.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Good for him! It will be interesting to see how he performs in the head role, and how our offense looks with him gone. No doubt this move was taken to attract Rodgers, but still.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yeah. I’m wondering now if that highly increases Aaron’s motivation to move. And if Adams goes there too. Maybe we find out around 16 March? That’s a long time to wait.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

The 1st step in getting Rodgers to Denver.

Will Rodgers take the bait?
Love is the answer…

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Foosball wrote:
27 Jan 2022 10:29

Probably.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Foosball wrote:

Broncos roster, location, cap space and willingness to give Hackett and Rodgers what they want was the bait. This is all laying out as a nicely formed plan.

though we've seen it before, and something else completely off the radar happens.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Jan 2022 10:18
Yeah. I’m wondering now if that highly increases Aaron’s motivation to move. And if Adams goes there too. Maybe we find out around 16 March? That’s a long time to wait.
I have a hankering we will know long before then.

I would guess ~2-3 weeks after the Super Bowl,

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Foosball wrote:

https://ww

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-01-27/ I dont believe a word Rodgers says. Get what we can and move on.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Realist wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:16
Foosball wrote:

https://ww

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 022-01-27/ I dont believe a word Rodgers says. Get what we can and move on.
what did he say that you don't believe this time?
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Foosball wrote:

Rodgers' response to a question last year (2020) when asked about Hackett's potential as a HC candidate:
Aaron Rodgers wrote:"I hope he doesn't go anywhere ... unless I do."
I'd say there's a definite lean in Rodgers' calculus...

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:24
Foosball wrote:

Rodgers' response to a question last year (2020) when asked about Hackett's potential as a HC candidate:
Aaron Rodgers wrote:"I hope he doesn't go anywhere ... unless I do."
I'd say there's a definite lean in Rodgers' calculus...
Denver probably has the most to offer. I hope they want him bad. We cant contend without Rodgers but as a fan of the team I just want this saga over. Rodgers is a straight up arrogant dick. See ya Aaron.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Congrats coach, seemed well liked and effective, glad he could get a shot somewhere.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

It’s not that I hate Aaron Rodgers. He is who he is. Aaron brought the Packers a SB, a ton of wins, and a lot of great memories. Rodgers successfully replaced a legend. Not an easy thing to do. He is a first ballot HOF.

It’s just the reality of the situation. Rodgers age, cap limitations, and his inability to deliver in postseason clutch situations over the past 2 years.

At some point it’s time to move on. Especially when you can get so much in a trade now.

Timing is everything.
Love is the answer…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Foosball wrote:
27 Jan 2022 12:06
It’s not that I hate Aaron Rodgers. He is who he is. Aaron brought the Packers a SB, a ton of wins, and a lot of great memories. Rodgers successfully replaced a legend. Not an easy thing to do. He is a first ballot HOF.

It’s just the reality of the situation. Rodgers age, cap limitations, and his inability to deliver in postseason clutch situations over the past 2 years.

At some point it’s time to move on. Especially when you can get so much in a trade now.

Timing is everything.
I feel like I could have typed this myself. Dead on, amigo. :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We know Rodgers has publically praised Hackett, but its not like i consider them any more bros or joined at the hip than Lafleur and Rodgers. I guess the perk with Hackett is he can move to Denver and if 12 comes, 12 doesnt have to learn a new system...everyone else on the roster does though.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23