Hackett to Broncos

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:01
AR has said his legacy in GB is important to him. If he does that, that legacy is gone. But GB would call his bluff in that scenario and not trade him and force him to retire. I don't think it will go down in a hostile way, whatever the result (stay or go).
No one would ever know. It wouldn't be worth it for the Packers to attack him publicly and announce to the world that Rodgers had stitched them up.

Both sides would part ways amicably, the Packers would release their thank you video on twitter celebrating his time here while secretly fuming.

Rodgers wouldn't retire. If they called his bluff he could hold out until week 10 or whatever it is then show up, acrue a year and then leave in free agency for nothing. Packers would have had to blow up the team to do it and they wouldn't get to see Love play before having to decide on his 5th year option.

No, Rodgers would keep his Packers legacy and keep the draft capital to help his next team get him another ring.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think by Rodgers coming back last year they both now have an understanding to not let it get ugly. Rodgers scratched their back by showing up to camp on time one last time, now they’ll scratch His by getting him to where he wants to go...at a reasonable price.

I agree with Bud that the cost will be lower this year and that is the price of begging him back and not trading him
Last year.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

British wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:24
wallyuwl wrote:
AR has said his legacy in GB is important to him. If he does that, that legacy is gone. But GB would call his bluff in that scenario and not trade him and force him to retire. I don't think it will go down in a hostile way, whatever the result (stay or go).
No one would ever know. It wouldn't be worth it for the Packers to attack him publicly and announce to the world that Rodgers had stitched them up.

Both sides would part ways amicably, the Packers would release their thank you video on twitter celebrating his time here while secretly fuming.

Rodgers would keep his Packers legacy and keep the draft capital to help his next team get him another ring.
Why wouldn’t the Packers go public in that scenario?

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:26
British wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Rodgers would keep his Packers legacy and keep the draft capital to help his next team get him another ring.
Because it's in their interest to keep the Rodgers legacy a positive one. It also wouldn't help them actually get a better pick, it just means it gets really messy and they end up with one of the greats having a toxic relationship with the club.

It's also impossible to prove. All his agent has to do is have a quiet word with the other clubs via back channels.

Packers would look petty and/or like conspiracy theorists.

And everyone would tell them (somewhat unfairly) that they brought this on themselves anyway by drafting Love.

And they would look like they had been totally outplayed by Denver and Rodgers. Would be a PR disaster.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
British wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

They wouldn't even have to. If the Packers get such a bad one-sided trade, everyone will know what happened. But GBP won't accept such a bad deal and will blow up the team and force him to play, or retire.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:32
APB wrote:
British wrote:

They wouldn't even have to. If the Packers get such a bad one-sided trade, everyone will know what happened. But GBP won't accept such a bad deal and will blow up the team and force him to play, or retire.
Cutting off your nose to spite your face is rarely a sensible move.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

It also isn't sensible to give up your biggest asset for 30 cents on the dollar.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:51
It also isn't sensible to give up your biggest asset for 30 cents on the dollar.
Problem is Rodgers isn't an asset at his current cap number and with one year until free agency.

He is a massive financial liability that will require us to cut a bunch of good players just so we can force him to show up for a failed final season before losing him for nothing.

Better to take the 1st round pick, keep the team intact, and see if Love is the answer before his 5th year option deadline kicks in after this season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:21
paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 18:12
I'm assuming Denver is the place. But it would be hilarious if they aren't one of the teams he wants to go to.

It's all assumption at this point. He hasn't said a word.
6 games a year against two top 6 QBs and IMO a vastly underrated Carr. Not a great situation.
Definitely tougher. Depends if he wants to ride out easy like Peyton or wants a challenge. To me, he seems like the challenge type.
RIP JustJeff

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

And now 7 teams make the playoffs, there's at least one crap team in there every year.

Do we really think Rodgers believes that if he goes to Denver and they sign a bunch of free agents around him, he doesn't immediately think he turns them into a contender?

The guy has plenty of confidence in his own ability.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The packers are a classy organization and Rodgers doesn’t want to be hated in Wisconsin, they’ll both do it the right way. Packers drafted love, and Rodgers came back to give them their last dance. Theyll divorce amicably.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jan 2022 19:12
The packers are a classy organization and Rodgers doesn’t want to be hated in Wisconsin, they’ll both do it the right way. Packers drafted love, and Rodgers came back to give them their last dance. Theyll divorce amicably.
Whatever the compensation it will be amicable.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:24
Foosball wrote:
27 Jan 2022 10:29
The 1st step in getting Rodgers to Denver.

Will Rodgers take the bait?
Rodgers' response to a question last year (2020) when asked about Hackett's potential as a HC candidate:
Aaron Rodgers wrote:"I hope he doesn't go anywhere ... unless I do."
I'd say there's a definite lean in Rodgers' calculus...
Those Rodgers comments are so meaningless. I wouldn't read anything into them.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:cry: Tough to lose good people. I've always hated Elway, but I may have to pull for the Broncos.

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Well yeah, he says that and he's going to pay a lot more to GB and the NFL.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff