Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
30 Jan 2022 12:18
Frankly, I also blame the endless excuses for Rodgers for the recent disappointments, too. Especially the thrice-damned "doesn't get enough help!" one that even non-Packer fan idiots make.

It was better when people accused him of stuff like "he's not clutch" because that would light a fire under him. He has not had that lately, his legacy was secured much too early and now he's content to just coast off of that, the TD:INT ration, and meaningless MVP titles.
2015 is that stupid clutch stuff started to be cemented.

But yeah. I'm not afraid to get really vocal on how much choking he has had in his career.

So to see him succeed with someone else when we obviously had the horses to do it here in 2014, 2020 and 2021...I'd be ticked. And it sucks because I really like Hackett. But I just couldn't stomach it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
Frankly, I also blame the endless excuses for Rodgers for the recent disappointments, too. Especially the thrice-damned "doesn't get enough help!" one that even non-Packer fan idiots make.

It was better when people accused him of stuff like "he's not clutch" because that would light a fire under him. He has not had that lately, his legacy was secured much too early and now he's content to just coast off of that, the TD:INT ration, and meaningless MVP titles.
when people wont consider that Brady did it with excellent defense year after year and offensive schemes that are QB friendly ( UP Tempo, short ball WC schemes) then they miss the reasons some comparisons don't work.

we had one of the most potent passing offense ever in 2011, problem is the defense was in decline, and we couldn't run the ball, so we lost to the Giants, because they where able to stop our passing.

seriously it is laugh out loud funny to hear some of you blame Rodgers, granted at times we wish he'd played better, but so many other factors are at play for most of our PO losses, those will be more apparent as we go forward with a average QB, the saying is true, " ya don't realize what you have , till ya don't. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2022 12:57
Labrev wrote:

But yeah. I'm not afraid to get really vocal on how much choking he has had in his career.

So to see him succeed with someone else when we obviously had the horses to do it here in 2014, 2020 and 2021...I'd be ticked. And it sucks because I really like Hackett. But I just couldn't stomach it.
again, two impact receivers DC have to scheme to stop is better then one,, and quite a few times if the defense could have simply forced a 3 and out, we'd have won, you hate hearing these reality's because it blows your Rodgers chocked stuff up, again you and others are quick to blame the QB, when often we can't run, we cant stop the run, we can't pressure the QB and Rodgers is running for his life, I can agree, he's not been his best at the worst possible times, but thats true for just about everyone that plays this game.

Lots of cheap shots at Rodgers, I'll be glad when he's gone and you have to look for something else to blame. Myself I hope he never wins much wherever he goes, but I'd rather he goes then listen to all this whinny crap about how he himself is the reason we havn't won more PO or SB's with him, worst ST's in the league forever ( remember B o s t i c k,) and lousy defense for a decade, but ya lets blame the QB :thwap:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pugger wrote:
30 Jan 2022 10:21
texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:03
BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2022 17:41
When you set the NFL record, the entire history of the NFL, unanimously winning the most games in your first 3 seasons, (didn’t even need week 18 which I’ll always love). You are talking record breaking coaching extensions. Not the opposite.

Any fricken talk of moving off this coach, good fricken lotd man.
The reason why MLF is sort of underrated at this point and nobody is really giving him all that much credit for what is a historic performance is because he has Rodgers at QB.

And honestly, the attitude is justified.

We do not know how good he actually is because we have yet to see him try to coach without the regular season GOAT. We suspect he is top 5 or top 10 or maybe even top 2, but we really don't know, and can't know, until we see what he can do when the &%$@ hits the fan.

I'll tell you what though, untouchable coaches don't get btfo in the playoffs the way his teams have.
How come for years nobody said that about Belichick before he got Brady? He wasn't all that hot in previous gigs. You can be the greatest coach in the world but if you don't have a decent QB in today's NFL you don't get very far. BB got NE into the playoffs this year but then got completely blown out of the stadium once he got there.
Belichick won in Cleveland before he had Brady, which was a tremendous accomplishment even then.

Also, plenty of coaches have recently reached the Super Bowl without decent QBs. And even ones that we think are good, like Roethlisberger and even Tom Brady, were not very good early on when they won.

The factor with the strongest correlation is youth (or small contract), not elite ability. You can't be total garbage, but you definitely don't have to be great.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
30 Jan 2022 12:57
Labrev wrote:

Well the good news is that I doubt he would succeed somewhere else

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
30 Jan 2022 14:04
Pugger wrote:
texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 19:03

The reason why MLF is sort of underrated at this point and nobody is really giving him all that much credit for what is a historic performance is because he has Rodgers at QB.

And honestly, the attitude is justified.

We do not know how good he actually is because we have yet to see him try to coach without the regular season GOAT. We suspect he is top 5 or top 10 or maybe even top 2, but we really don't know, and can't know, until we see what he can do when the &%$@ hits the fan.

I'll tell you what though, untouchable coaches don't get btfo in the playoffs the way his teams have.
How come for years nobody said that about Belichick before he got Brady? He wasn't all that hot in previous gigs. You can be the greatest coach in the world but if you don't have a decent QB in today's NFL you don't get very far. BB got NE into the playoffs this year but then got completely blown out of the stadium once he got there.
Belichick won in Cleveland before he had Brady, which was a tremendous accomplishment even then.

Also, plenty of coaches have recently reached the Super Bowl without decent QBs. And even ones that we think are good, like Roethlisberger and even Tom Brady, were not very good early on when they won.

The factor with the strongest correlation is youth (or small contract), not elite ability. You can't be total garbage, but you definitely don't have to be great.
Bill didn't win much in Cleveland. Got to playoffs once (only year with a winning record), but never won a division.
image.png
image.png (22.07 KiB) Viewed 579 times
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Let me represent the german perspective crystal-clear, so that no one can blame us on this one later: :lol: #12 is only welcome if he takes a significant pay cut, else: Auf Wiedersehen!

Rodgers played not decisive in the last two playoff losses that could have been won if Aaron just had balls. His not-so-good playoff performances plus his genuine desire to play for this unique - almost holy - franchise along with his desire to make a comptetent team possible to play for more SBs has to tranlate into him taking a knee (= pay cut).

I mean with a couple or first rounders, maybe a guy like Carr and a good defense we can easily be a contender next season as well. Even with Love I can see us at least compete for the NFC North which means: Playoffs.

I would also hope - though this is my personal fantasy, so be cautioned if you read further - that the Packers would ask Jim Harbaugh or Bill Belichick (maybe a swap deal and MLF to NE?) to coach. MLF is not a coach for a man‘s game, more like a female volleyball team. I know that stings but I do think that those meek coaches - MM & MLF - made the team soft…and soft teams find more ways to collapse.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

MLF certainly seems soft. MM wasn't until around 2014 or so.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

German_Panzer wrote:
30 Jan 2022 17:51
Let me represent the german perspective crystal-clear, so that no one can blame us on this one later: :lol: #12 is only welcome if he takes a significant pay cut, else: Auf Wiedersehen!

Rodgers played not decisive in the last two playoff losses that could have been won if Aaron just had balls. His not-so-good playoff performances plus his genuine desire to play for this unique - almost holy - franchise along with his desire to make a comptetent team possible to play for more SBs has to tranlate into him taking a knee (= pay cut).

I mean with a couple or first rounders, maybe a guy like Carr and a good defense we can easily be a contender next season as well. Even with Love I can see us at least compete for the NFC North which means: Playoffs.

I would also hope - though this is my personal fantasy, so be cautioned if you read further - that the Packers would ask Jim Harbaugh or Bill Belichick (maybe a swap deal and MLF to NE?) to coach. MLF is not a coach for a man‘s game, more like a female volleyball team. I know that stings but I do think that those meek coaches - MM & MLF - made the team soft…and soft teams find more ways to collapse.
Now I'm getting nervous. First we figured out we're better off keeping Aaron. Now we're starting to rationalize dumping LaCoach. Might want to throw Murphy in there while we're at it. Panzer is correct. We have a _______ head coach. Could be Dan Devine 2.0.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Jan 2022 19:59
German_Panzer wrote:

Now I'm getting nervous. First we figured out we're better off keeping Aaron. Now we're starting to rationalize dumping LaCoach. Might want to throw Murphy in there while we're at it. Panzer is correct. We have a _______ head coach. Could be Dan Devine 2.0.
honestly, this brings me no pleasure to say this...but firing Murphy and Lafleur is not enough.

Murphy allowed the drafting of Jordan Love, which prevented us from drafting Michael Pittman or Tee Higgins, who both could have helped us win an NFCCG the past two years.

Lafleur stole money from the Packers organization when he was paid to make sure we dont enter the post season with the WORST STs unit in football. He did nothing to fix this and it cost us in the divisional round. One may call this mere negligence, I call it stealing. To take a paycheck while ignoring that part of the job is criminal.

This is why right here, right now...I am calling for the arrest of Mark Murphy and Matt Lafleur. They should surrender themselves to authorities before this gets uglier than it must.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

:lol: :) :lol:

Why stop with MLF, Murphy, and Gute? Let’s pull TT’s name from the Ring of Honor while we’re at it.

You guys…just killin’ it with your expert GM-ness…

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So I was clearly wrong when I mentioned it was ridiculous to question LaFleurs job security after next year.

Apparently we are ‘espousing’ the idea today.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
30 Jan 2022 20:49
:lol: :) :lol:

Why stop with MLF, Murphy, and Gute? Let’s pull TT’s name from the Ring of Honor while we’re at it.

You guys…just killin’ it with your expert GM-ness…
Dilweg, Lewellen, Sharpe, Gillingham, Butler, Vainisi .... get 'em all up there.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
30 Jan 2022 14:37
texas wrote:
30 Jan 2022 14:04
Pugger wrote:

Bill didn't win much in Cleveland. Got to playoffs once (only year with a winning record), but never won a division.
image.png
Yeah, that's way better than what followed for the next 2 decades

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Jan 2022 20:29
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Jan 2022 19:59
German_Panzer wrote:

honestly, this brings me no pleasure to say this...but firing Murphy and Lafleur is not enough.

Murphy allowed the drafting of Jordan Love, which prevented us from drafting Michael Pittman or Tee Higgins, who both could have helped us win an NFCCG the past two years.

Lafleur stole money from the Packers organization when he was paid to make sure we dont enter the post season with the WORST STs unit in football. He did nothing to fix this and it cost us in the divisional round. One may call this mere negligence, I call it stealing. To take a paycheck while ignoring that part of the job is criminal.

This is why right here, right now...I am calling for the arrest of Mark Murphy and Matt Lafleur. They should surrender themselves to authorities before this gets uglier than it must.
IMHO .... this should be the conversation FRONT AND CENTER right now. IT IS TIME to keep Adams, Campbell and Aaron ...... and IT IS ALSO TIME to clean out the front office including the coaches room. Maybe opinions will change later .......... but for now this should be the game plan. Again IMHO only.

I am waiting for this discussion to get on FACE THE NATION next Sunday. Margaret Brennan needs to get involved with this I think. This is a Packers Everywhere problem ......... not just local state of Wisconsin problem. Panzer and DrJ are right IMHO. :munch:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

this should be the conversation FRONT AND CENTER right now... and IT IS ALSO TIME to clean out the front office including the coaches room.
Is this a serious statement? I don't think it is a serious statement, but...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
30 Jan 2022 13:21
Labrev wrote:

when people wont consider that Brady did it with excellent defense year after year and offensive schemes that are QB friendly ( UP Tempo, short ball WC schemes) then they miss the reasons some comparisons don't work.

we had one of the most potent passing offense ever in 2011, problem is the defense was in decline, and we couldn't run the ball, so we lost to the Giants, because they where able to stop our passing.

seriously it is laugh out loud funny to hear some of you blame Rodgers, granted at times we wish he'd played better, but so many other factors are at play for most of our PO losses, those will be more apparent as we go forward with a average QB, the saying is true, " ya don't realize what you have , till ya don't. :lol:
As a team we played like garbage in that game against the NYG just like we did a week ago against SF. Sometimes the better team doesn't always win. Was NY the better team in the Super Bowl when the Giants played the undefeated Patriots? Do you think Cincy is better than KC this year? All a team needs is a chance and hopes to get lightening in a bottle like the Gmen did. Who knows. Maybe it is Cincy's turn...

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Didn't see this posted here but maybe it was and I missed it, but Rodgers has said that -- wherever he goes -- he wants to play with Adams and MVS next year.

No one would have thought anything of it if he didn't include MVS, but he did. Not to mention, when Rodgers does NOT like a guy, not only does he not pretend like he does, but it is quite plainly obvious from his words and body language that he doesn't (Janis being the most famous case).

Couple that with how he has always said and many times shown on-field that he trusts Allen Lazard quite a bit, and forced a trade for Cobb because those two have always had a good mental connection.

Rodgers did not, objectively or subjectively, have a WR deficiency this year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Play that PR game, Aaron.

Read More. Post Less.