2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
06 Dec 2021 01:30
I think Rodgers will be a Packer next year. I think everything will magically work out.
image.png
image.png (517.77 KiB) Viewed 760 times
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

watching the playoffs; wanted to get a look at Alec Pierce, a large but nimble Cincy WR. He burned the Bama CB on a red zone slant but the ball got batted down. Then he created space again but couldn't make a tough-but-doable high catch in the end zone. He's a bigtime target for me in the 3rd or late 2nd if he runs too well at the combine. Has great size, does the dirty work, and real potential upside; but the non-catch/drop in the red zone is definitely a knock.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Utah's OL is is manhandling the Ohio St defensive front

Ohio State's backup WRs (Olave and Wilson are sitting after declaring for the draft) are dominating an injury-depleted Utah secondary (Utah has its starting RB playing CB for this game and he just got burned for a TD)

Utah has one of the best return guys in the country (and a decent slot WR) and he just returned a kickoff for a TD; already caught a TD pass earlier. He's smallsmall though (5'8" 170)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Tons of really good Day 2/3 TEs and LBs in this draft, which may be of interest considering Big Dog may retire, Tonyan is a FA coming off of an injury, etc... plus of course our ILB situation being free agent Campbell and no one else...

well Utah has a draft eligible TE that is known for being the dirty work blocker but has really shown nice hands and feel for the passing game on a couple catches today. Cole Fartherington or something spelled similarly.

They also have a first round ILB, Devin lloyd, whose name hasn't really been mentioned in the telecast. I checked the internet and it looks like he's supposed to be playing. Ohio State has been attacking deep and barely running, so not a ton of opportunities for an ILB to shine.

Both QBs look awesome, neither are draft eligible. OSU has a WR who is a sophomore that has 6 catches for 170 yards, 2 TDs, and a crucial fumble into the end zone on a great defensive strip all in the first half.

This game is nuts.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s see some mocks.

1. Jaguars (3-14)

2. Lions (3-13-1)

3. Texans (4-13)

4. Jets (4-13)

5. Giants (4-13)

6. Panthers (5-12)

7. Giants (via 6-11 Bears)

8. Falcons (7-10)

9. Broncos (7-10)

10. Jets (via 7-10 Seahawks)

11. Washington Football Team (7-10)

12. Vikings (8-9)

13. Browns (8-9)

14. Ravens (8-9)

15. Eagles (via 9-8 Dolphins)

16. Eagles (via 9-8 Colts)

Eagles could have picks 15,16 and 17 I think.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

The NY teams have 4 of the top 10 picks. Crazy.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Jan 2022 20:57
The NY teams have 4 of the top 10 picks. Crazy.
It The Draft will be held in Vegas where no one will care. Would be a pretty fun one to have in NY like they always used to.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jameson Williams tore his acl yesterday.

Initially a fan of his, didn’t think he’d last to or pick.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2022 19:31
Jameson Williams tore his acl yesterday.

Initially a fan of his, didn’t think he’d last to or pick.
Yeah it was noncontact and he stayed down; this was the most likely outcome. Poor guy. He'll get no rookie offseason and start the year on the PUP most likely. It's interesting to see how he (and his teammate John Metchie who tore his ACL in December) will be viewed in the evaluation process. In the long-run of a 4-year rookie contract, 6 months isn't really worth much. But it seems different teams treat such things differently.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Something to keep in mind on Love and this years QB crop.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

700+ ST snaps you say? Can cover Trey McBride you say?
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

^^^
I am so bad at watching film. I thought he held and had to hold to recover. I guess look who it is against, but I think Campbell moves so much better.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
02 Feb 2022 09:58
^^^
I am so bad at watching film. I thought he held and had to hold to recover. I guess look who it is against, but I think Campbell moves so much better.
De'vondre? Can't compare this kid to a guy who's been in the league 6 years. Plus he's bigger.

Yeah, he did hook him there a bit. Could have been called for a hold. But overall, I thought it was a solid rep. Nice movement for a big guy. I like them getting physical inside 5 yards.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If that dude is 6'3" 250 and truly is good in space and has exceptional CoD, that's a top 10 LB.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Am I the only one a bit confused by all the O-line in the 1st round talk? I'm not totally against it, especially if its for a RT. But I don't get it for any other spot.

There's no reason that the other 4 spots aren't sewn up by Bak, Jenkins, Myers, and Runyan. Plus Nijman and Newman as backups. Hell, maybe Nijman starts at RT. Ok, yes, we don't know what Jenkins' status will be. But I assume he plays at some point in 2022 and that he's not a guy we let go without a new deal.

I just don't see it as our biggest need. Maybe that's the best value at the first this year? I don't know. More depth is needed though.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, I don't see the line as a 1st round priority.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Definitely not an immediate need but first round isn't much of a "needs round" from my standpoint.

Value would have to be really, really good though.

I would say safety, CB, Oline and RB are probably safer bets of not being picked in the first round unless the value is just amazing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Feb 2022 08:09
Definitely not an immediate need but first round isn't much of a "needs round" from my standpoint.

Value would have to be really, really good though.

I would say safety, CB, Oline and RB are probably safer bets of not being picked in the first round unless the value is just amazing.
Hell, I'd be fine with a safety. We are in unknown territory on the futures of both Amos and Savage. Plus its not unusual to have a 3rd safety on the field. Either playing a lb role, dime cb, something. Find someone to fit that mold and I'm good.
RIP JustJeff