Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Cuz he's got a billion dollars. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Happy page 200 (or 1000 when you add up all the other threads).
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 12:21
:woohoo:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

So much optimism for Rodgers returning now that everyone in the organization said they want him back.

I'm still around 25%.

If over the next few weeks you start seeing the cuts and restructures, then get excited. If it stays quiet.....you say Paco was right.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Raw land, baby.

Any Nashville property likely has a lot more to do with his music endeavors than anything else.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 12:21
I had faith that we could eclipse the 200 page mark, Rodgers deserves no less :rotf:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 12:20
If you want to know where Rodgers is going, which teams have enough cap room to make him the highest paid QB in the league AND sign D. Adams AND already have a respectable team (7+ wins) but DON't have a respectable QB.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Feb 2022 05:56
paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 12:20
If you want to know where Rodgers is going, which teams have enough cap room to make him the highest paid QB in the league AND sign D. Adams AND already have a respectable team (7+ wins) but DON't have a respectable QB.
Added some additional qualifiers in, I think being with a competent coach and organization will be big for Aaron, and I do think he will have some pretty real veto power. I think he holds plenty of cards and frankly I really don't think the Packers want this to turn ugly for the sake of just trying to get another draft pick.

image.png
image.png (15.28 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Didn't quite think the Steelers would check every box the way the Broncos do, but certainly looks like it. Perhaps I should have added a column for potential draft capital.

The Raiders are actually a sneaky good fit. Not a bad team overall, but add Aaron and Davante, they are obviously better. They have cap room. They could likely trade Derek Carr somewhere for a zero cap hit, to just reclaim draft picks or get players. I wouldn't have thought they were too big in play a week ago, but Josh McDaniels honestly maybe changes that a bit. Carr is in the last year of a deal, only about a $20 million salary. I'd bet they could get a fair pick for him. New HC, Carr might not want to play in LV save a contract extension, so LV likely gunna have to do something either way. They can get to about $40 million in cap moving Carr and really have no one big to resign. 22nd pick in the draft, nothing notable traded away or gained in picks. So they are definitely behind the Broncos in available draft comp, but LIS, can likely move Carr for something decent.

Maybe I shouldn't have given the Browns a 'respectable coach' but I feel like they can be. Rodgers should at least be familiar with Stefanski. They'd have to find a way to ditch Mayfield who is on his 5th year contract. Not sure who might be willing to take on that contract.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Philly is another sneaky team. They have 3 first rounders this year. If they have the cap to bring on Rodgers and Adams....they could definitely be in the running.

A lot of their woes is simply due to not having a good QB. Their defense was similar to ours in 2021.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2022 08:56
Philly is another sneaky team. They have 3 first rounders this year. If they have the cap to bring on Rodgers and Adams....they could definitely be in the running.

A lot of their woes is simply due to not having a good QB. Their defense was similar to ours in 2021.
Still kind of a virtually unknown HC, not good weather, in the NFC. I just think I view too many reasons Aaron and the Packers both wouldn't want him there.

I have no idea they could flat out make the best offer for him, but you never know.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
07 Feb 2022 09:05
go pak go wrote:
07 Feb 2022 08:56

Still kind of a virtually unknown HC, not good weather, in the NFC. I just think I view too many reasons Aaron and the Packers both wouldn't want him there.

I have no idea they could flat out make the best offer for him, but you never know.
I hope the Packers don't say no just because it's in the NFC. It's better for us to get compensation then making the fans less sad.

The coach could be a thing; however righting their ship somewhat is impressive though.

The weather I don't think is a huge deal. Philly is definitely more temperate than GB or even PIT because it's on the ocean.

So coach is probably their biggest issue.

But their biggest advantage is they could give up 2 1st rounders this year and still have regular draft capital to build their roster. Then throw in a 2023 first and maybe another pick and they aren't completely mortgaging their franchise for life after Aaron either.

If they want him, they can beat likely any other offer pretty easy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
29 Apr 2021 14:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 14:21
This is so not the day for this.

I hate everyone.
Ditto
:thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Feb 2022 21:24
paco wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 14:21
This is so not the day for this.

I hate everyone.
Ditto
What?
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
11 Feb 2022 21:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:

Ditto
What?
Was thinking the same .... What?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Feb 2022 21:45
paco wrote:
11 Feb 2022 21:26
RingoCStarrQB wrote:

What?
Was thinking the same .... What?
You're drunk, go home Ringo.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Random reminder that Rodgers is gone. It doesn't matter what our team or any other looks like last season or today.

Just remember that Paco told you, and has been telling you all season.
RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

paco wrote:
16 Feb 2022 22:01
Random reminder that Rodgers is gone. It doesn't matter what our team or any other looks like last season or today.

The 3rd person thing is a bit odd but realist agrees and hopes you are right.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:

Acrobat agreed with you up until about a week ago, and now Acrobat thinks he's signing a deal to keep him in GB the rest of his career.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Drj820 thinks last years stink was motivated by two factors, a fiance that may not have wanted to live in GB....and some secret war with the league over Rodgers "Immunized" status. Rodgers was saying "oh this doesnt count, well I may just retire!"

I think the org showed their loyalty to him by keeping his secrets until it was out of their control. I think the fiance thing is no longer a factor. I think Rodgers may slowly be realizing GB is his best chance to win.

Rodgers and GB have been married for a long time. Marriages can have problems, but going to the court house and signing divorce papers is a massive step. Both may be a little scared to actually take that step.

I think we are in "toss up" territory.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
17 Feb 2022 09:01
paco wrote:

Acrobat agreed with you up until about a week ago, and now Acrobat thinks he's signing a deal to keep him in GB the rest of his career.
I started to shift a little as well. But its hard for me to not side with Andrew Brandt. He isn't perfect or all-knowing. But he's right a lot and knows more about this situation than anyone else talking. So I still think he's a goner.

Back in first person. :lol:
RIP JustJeff