SB Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sharing something one of the guys I watched the game with said: you'd never know Chris Collinsworth was a career Bengal based upon the way he's calling this game. Unlike Aikman were it a Cowboys SB call.

Fact.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
14 Feb 2022 06:17
Sharing something one of the guys I watched the game with said: you'd never know Chris Collinsworth was a career Bengal based upon the way he's calling this game. Unlike Aikman were it a Cowboys SB call.

Fact.
Yeah. I know Collinsworth has some weird sayings, but I think overall he does a great job. He's excited. He has energy. He looks happy to be there and he is unbiased.

And the Collinsworth connection to Cincy can't be understated. After living here for over a year and half, nobody comes anywhere CLOSE to the "legend status" of Chris Collinsworth for the Bengals.

Honestly Collinsworth is the only Bengal alum who is celebrated in this city. In fact, he is the only real athlete who is celebrated, marketed, promoted, honestly. Even current players the only guy who is marketed is Hubbard (I expect that to finally change)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also, I used to always think MN was the biggest fair weather city.

....I think Cincinnati might take them for their money. I know the Bengals have sucked for forever but I cannot understate how insignificant the Bengals were to the city when I first moved here in 2020. You hardly knew the Bengals had an NFL team. Their stadium never sold out and tickets could be had for under $20 easy.

And my goodness did the Bengals apparel "come out of the woodwork" this past two weeks. There was so much demand for Bengals apparel (because nobody had any) that street corner after street corner had those weird table pull-up stands of people selling Bengals shirts and they were busy.

The shirts looked lousy but nobody cared because everyone needed a shirt to wear to their SB party.

This city was always considered a Reds city. I was pretty confident the Bengals may even move after their lease ends. But now I bet this city passes a new tax levvy to remodel Paul Brown Stadium.

I just hope they remodel and don't do something they regret by building an actual new stadium.

I always liked the Bengals because nobody else did and their uniforms, colors and logo are sick. I wanted to buy some Bengals shirts before I left. But now I just feel like everyone is going to have Bengals stuff because I think they are going to be good for the foreseeable future.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

kinda hurts that we cant dog on the team built like an fantasy football team that threw away first round picks like they were expired bread because that system actually worked.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 07:19
kinda hurts that we cant dog on the team built like an fantasy football team that threw away first round picks like they were expired bread because that system actually worked.
Gotta give the Rams credit.

they gambled there future to win now and it worked, now it sounds like the HC will retire, along with there best defensive player, and they now have to figure out how to resign there QB, rarely ever do teams sell out to win this drastically, be interesting to see what the Rams do next.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah credit the Rams for sure. They showed there are multiple ways to build a team.

But also credit the Packers approach. They put together the best roster in 2021. We were better than all playoff teams this year.

At some point you have to separate what the FO does and what the actual players on the field do. The Packers 2020 and 2021 misses were player and coaching issues. Not roster issues.

BG ain't no Thompson. He went after it and it worked tremendously.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2022 04:44
Raptorman wrote:
13 Feb 2022 22:23
Just think, Stafford and Rodgers both have one Super Bowl victory.
Joe Mixon has more TD passes in the 2021 postseason than Kirk Cousins.
Fixed it for you. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:21
go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2022 04:44
Raptorman wrote:
Joe Mixon has more TD passes in the 2021 postseason than Kirk Cousins.
Fixed it for you. :lol:
I mean mine was right too. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:15

But also credit the Packers approach. They put together the best roster in 2021. We were better than all playoff teams this year.
First team in NFL history to win 13 games in 3 consecutive regular seasons. Gotta be doing something right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:27
go pak go wrote:

First team in NFL history to win 13 games in 3 consecutive regular seasons. Gotta be doing something right.
And every game in 2021 outside of week 1 was a win, or at least OT, if STs did their basic job.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
Yeah credit the Rams for sure. They showed there are multiple ways to build a team.

At some point you have to separate what the FO does and what the actual players on the field do. The Packers 2020 and 2021 misses were player and coaching issues. Not roster issues.

Apparently not. Since they didn't play in the Super Bowl.

As I have been told many times by Packer fans, what you do during the regular season means nothing if you don't win the Super Bowl.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

De'Vondre with an opinion. Which I agree with. Based on the way the first 3/4 of the game was called, this should never have been called. Refs showed up late in this game and decided they wanted to make their mark. Badly as usual.

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:33
go pak go wrote:

As I have been told many times by Packer fans, what you do during the regular season means nothing if you don't win the Super Bowl.
Please. That's a player and coaching issue. Not a roster issue.

The 1998 Vikings had the best roster in the NFC by a landslide. Because they didn't win it is a player and coaching issue of not stepping up in the moment. Not a roster issue. Everyone should be able to differentiate the two.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Absolutely it was a bad call on Logan.

But i don't get too worked up about it because the Logan and Higgins calls in my mind offset. Justice was served. Unlike the 2020 NFC Championship game.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:37
Raptorman wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The 1998 Vikings had the best roster in the NFC by a landslide. Because they didn't win it is a player and coaching issue of not stepping up in the moment. Not a roster issue. Everyone should be able to differentiate the two.
The best roster doesn't always win.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:55
The best roster doesn't always win.
Truer words have not been said.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:

worst ST's in league

one very good WR, and a bunch of jags

A ol in constant flux do to injury's.

this is the best roster we've had in years, but imho it falls well short of the best in the league.

it sorta proves my point though, it didn't need to be the best to win it all, it just needed a little better game plan, a better number two receiving option, and one less mistake with ST's

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers probably over achieved their roster when the injuries are factored in...hence why Rodgers won MVP and Lafleur was discussed as a potential COTY. They had a great regular season. They did not have the best roster in the NFL by any means. No TE to speak of, injuries all year causing a mix and match on the OL, below average WR2-5 play.

Packers made it work by playing solid Defense, Minimizing turnovers, and being a pretty good roster.

The Rams probably dont win the SB without giving picks for Von Miller, Signing Odell (he was huge until he got hurt in the SB), and then of course upgrading at QB.

A credit to their efforts isnt a slight on the Packers. They nuked for the future for a chance to win and it worked. Props.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:37
Raptorman wrote:
go pak go wrote:

The packers didnt have the best roster in the playoffs. That doesnt mean the FO didnt assemble a team that could win. They absolutely could have won the SB. That does not mean they had the best roster.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Raptorman wrote:
I don't understand why this would be a statement worth marveling at. Maybe it would be if Stafford had stayed with Detroit and won the big game. But he stepped into a new team that was loaded with talent and primed to win right away.