Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

TheSkeptic wrote:
12 Feb 2022 16:29
Raptorman wrote:
12 Feb 2022 11:05
Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2022 07:02

If ya don't care about awards why bring up or comment on a player who didn't get one?
Why? Because it was a dig at my team. Why was it even brought up? Oh yeah, because the Vikings have to try to make their team look good. Yoop, you were around for the glorious Packers of the '70s and '80s. What do you think will happen on these boards when the Packers are struggling for winning seasons as they did back then? And it's coming, it always does. Think the Packers will sit back and not promote the team? Most people here have only seen starting QB's for the Packers, that is going to change sooner than many think. If Rodgers retires or is traded, who starts? Is Love the next HOF QB? 2 in a row is lucky, 3? Name a team that has had 3 HOF QB's in a row.
In all probability your team is going to win the NFC North next year whether Rodgers stays or is traded or retires. Unfortunately QB's do not win playoff games, Olines and Dlines and pass rushers and cornerbacks do. Unfortunately for you, your team overpaid for a QB too, but at least he will not be 39 years old next playoffs.
If he is still there. Plenty of people are speculating that he will be traded.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
12 Feb 2022 15:20
Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2022 15:03
Raptorman wrote:
12 Feb 2022 11:05

Why? Because it was a dig at my team. Why was it even brought up? Oh yeah, because the Vikings have to try to make their team look good. Yoop, you were around for the glorious Packers of the '70s and '80s. What do you think will happen on these boards when the Packers are struggling for winning seasons as they did back then? And it's coming, it always does. Think the Packers will sit back and not promote the team? Most people here have only seen starting QB's for the Packers, that is going to change sooner than many think. If Rodgers retires or is traded, who starts? Is Love the next HOF QB? 2 in a row is lucky, 3? Name a team that has had 3 HOF QB's in a row.
thing is this is not the same style of management as was the case back in the 70's and 80's, so the results era to ear are expected to be better.

hey if they had a trophy for best receiver in first two seasons I'd vote for JJ, I still think it was a monumental blunder that we didn't do whatever it would have taken to trade up for him, :thwap: If he was a Packer I'd brag him up too.

nothing wrong with awarding players for accomplishing goals, your just sore because your players aren't getting any, there has always been some bias with the voting, thats just human nature, better luck next year.
There is only one award that counts in the NFL. All others are just BS based on someone's thoughts and feelings.
now your just acting all butt hurt about this, if any of your viking players had won a award you'd be here bragging them up just as some of us are :nono:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
13 Feb 2022 07:03
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
12 Feb 2022 15:03

thing is this is not the same style of management as was the case back in the 70's and 80's, so the results era to ear are expected to be better.

hey if they had a trophy for best receiver in first two seasons I'd vote for JJ, I still think it was a monumental blunder that we didn't do whatever it would have taken to trade up for him, :thwap: If he was a Packer I'd brag him up too.

nothing wrong with awarding players for accomplishing goals, your just sore because your players aren't getting any, there has always been some bias with the voting, thats just human nature, better luck next year.
There is only one award that counts in the NFL. All others are just BS based on someone's thoughts and feelings.
now your just acting all butt hurt about this, if any of your viking players had won a award you'd be here bragging them up just as some of us are :nono:
You can't show 1 post I ever posted anywhere bragging up an individual award in the NFL. Never have, never will.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Feb 2022 11:49
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

You can't show 1 post I ever posted anywhere bragging up an individual award in the NFL. Never have, never will.
I think tonight we are all watching the game with a sour taste in our mouths... :cry:

Tho my sour taste comes from the price of (relatively) cheap Finnish lager beer (30$ for 24 small beers :messedup: :beer2: ). It's not good. :x

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Feb 2022 11:56
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I think tonight we are all watching the game with a sour taste in our mouths... :cry:

Tho my sour taste comes from the price of (relatively) cheap Finnish lager beer (30$ for 24 small beers :messedup: :beer2: ). It's not good. :x
Well, buy better beer. Since I haven't been able to get Lieninkugals lately I have been drinking Guinness. Whose fault is it that you are drinking cheap beer? Life is short, don't short-change yourself on the little pleasures of life. Like beer and Cigars.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Surprised not to see it mentioned yet. 2 building stories.

McVay potentially quitting coaching after the Super Bowl and getting into broadcasting. Guess he's getting married this summer.

Kyler Murray and the Cardinals fighting.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Feb 2022 12:28
salmar80 wrote:
13 Feb 2022 11:56
Raptorman wrote:

Well, buy better beer. Since I haven't been able to get Lieninkugals lately I have been drinking Guinness. Whose fault is it that you are drinking cheap beer? Life is short, don't short-change yourself on the little pleasures of life. Like beer and Cigars.
I would say the same to you, except for team choice and Super Bowls :lol:

At least with beer, after I've had a lot of them, the taste disappears as a factor.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Aaron Donald may retire is they win too? Rams 1 and done.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

I believe you, I'am amazed your a fan of anything

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
13 Feb 2022 22:06
Raptorman wrote:
Yoop wrote:

There are some things just not worth paying attention to in football. I just don't believe in the Bullsh*t.

1: College football polls.
2: College football playoffs.
3. NFL power rankings.
4: NFL individual awards. (Only one that is worth it, Man of the year.)

Cooper Kupp won SB MVP. How? He couldn't have done it without Stafford throwing the passes. So one is worthy of praise, the other, not so much.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Feb 2022 22:28
Yoop wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

There are some things just not worth paying attention to in football. I just don't believe in the Bullsh*t.

3. NFL power rankings.

Cooper Kupp won SB MVP. How? He couldn't have done it without Stafford throwing the passes. So one is worthy of praise, the other, not so much.
so now YOU don't think Cooper Kupp is worthy, because it took another player to expose just how gifted he is, or that people that follow the games closely enough give us info so that we pay attention to who is doing the best at any given moment, and no one should be given awards or accolades for performing at a higher level then others, yada, yada, yada, this seems like a result of being a fan of a losing team forever, if I hated the game as much as you I'd give it up, seriously do you rebel against everything.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2022 07:51
Raptorman wrote:
13 Feb 2022 22:28
Yoop wrote:

3. NFL power rankings.

so now YOU don't think Cooper Kupp is worthy, because it took another player to expose just how gifted he is, or that people that follow the games closely enough give us info so that we pay attention to who is doing the best at any given moment, and no one should be given awards or accolades for performing at a higher level then others, yada, yada, yada, this seems like a result of being a fan of a losing team forever, if I hated the game as much as you I'd give it up, seriously do you rebel against everything.
How can a WR be worthy without the QB getting him the ball? That's the ridiculousness of the MVP in the Super Bowl. What if a QB makes all the passes but the WR's drop them? Is that the QB's fault? It's like the QB being charged with an interception because a WR tipped the ball to the defense. That is not the QB's fault. But yet he is charged with the INT.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Cooper Kupp is the best WR in football
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:22
no he isn't.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:30
Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:22
no he isn't.
Great Blocker, great route runner, plays big in big spots. most receptions in 21, most yards in 21 by 300 yards, most TDs in 21, most receptions of 20+ yards, Tied for most receptions of 40+ yards, most receptions that obtain a first down.

Dont see how anyone else has much of an argument in 2021.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:38
Look beyond the stats... right in our own backyard.

Kupp is the best WR that was still standing Super Bowl weekend (and even that is kind of debatable).

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:39
Drj820 wrote:

Kupp is the best WR that was still standing Super Bowl weekend (and even that is kind of debatable).
This. Don't get me wrong, Kupp is not that far off. He was great this year. But Davante still gets the edge as better.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:42
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

This. Don't get me wrong, Kupp is not that far off. He was great this year. But Davante still gets the edge as better.
When I look beyond the stats I see a guy that is a much better blocker than davante, in a scheme that asks him to block (like ours). I also see a guy who cant be stopped even when the opposing team knows Stafford wants to get him the ball (end of TB game). I also see a receiver that produces in the biggest games. If Adams played like Kupp in against SF, The packers win that game. I also dont see how you look beyond the stats, he dominated every aspect of the stats...the Rams have a very diverse offense and Kupp still rose to the top. I love Davante and think he probably 2 at worst 3rd best in league, but I think the super bowl MVP is the top of the class in 2021.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:48
paco wrote:
NCF wrote:

When I look beyond the stats I see a guy that is a much better blocker than davante, in a scheme that asks him to block (like ours). I also see a guy who cant be stopped even when the opposing team knows Stafford wants to get him the ball (end of TB game). I also see a receiver that produces in the biggest games. If Adams played like Kupp in against SF, The packers win that game. I also dont see how you look beyond the stats, he dominated every aspect of the stats...the Rams have a very diverse offense and Kupp still rose to the top. I love Davante and think he probably 2 at worst 3rd best in league, but I think the super bowl MVP is the top of the class in 2021.
To each their own.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2022 08:48
paco wrote:
NCF wrote:

A rare time this year we agree.

I'm really big on stepping up when the moment is huge. Adams dropped the easy TD in 2020. Adams disappeared after the first drive against SF. Kupp stepped up every time they needed him to this year. I can't not notice that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.