Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 17:13
Realist wrote:
17 Feb 2022 17:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Feb 2022 12:58
I mean it's not like the Packers beat the:
playoff Cardinals
playoff Steelers
NFCCG 49ers
AFC Champion Bengals
Super Bowl Champion Rams

Oh wait, they did... The only playoff team they played in the regular season and did not beat was the Chiefs...
I would have been happier had they beat a playoff team in the playoffs. Oh wait, they didnt. Given ur logic I guarantee we beat the Chiefs....
Looks like my comment went over your head, or you didn't follow the thread. It was pointing out that we didn't just feast on &%$@ teams in the regular season leading to an overinflated record. That was the Eagles. Commendable effort on trying to be witty though.

I would have rather been 9-7 and then won 4 playoff games.
I didnt follow the thread so its my bad. I check here infrequently and should not react to an individual post without realizing the context within the thread. Alot of things go over my head as well so u are on point.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
18 Feb 2022 07:24
Jerry Tagge, Scott Hunter, Jim Del Gazo, etc. It was all junk since the John Hadl fiasco (or was it a debacle?). It took forever to land good managers for the team who would draft and acquire good talent, let alone an elite QB.
The 80s and early 90s were so bad, it was tempting to become a Vikings fan.
Here's the back of Majik's 1992 Topps card showing some of his stats.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Majik threw 20 INTS in 1989. Dickey threw 29 INTS in 1983. And these were likely the best Packers QB performances since the Bart Starr won the MVP in 1966 (and of course before Favre and Holmgren came on the scene). :thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I will not accept &%$@ on Majik. Was 2nd in MVP and OPOY voting in '89.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

paco wrote:
18 Feb 2022 22:47
I will not accept &%$@ on Majik. Was 2nd in MVP and OPOY voting in '89.
Majik was a damn good QB on a poor but improving team. Had he not had that career ending injury he likely would have taken the Packers to the SB as the team around him improved. In reality the Packers have had 3 great QB's in a row, and hopefully in 2023/24 the Packers can be back in the playoffs with the 4th.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is what we mean when we say you can't compare QBs of different eras.

This got 2nd in best offensive performer voting. The rules have shifted so much to the offense now.
image.png
image.png (177.94 KiB) Viewed 602 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

At least the LockedOn Broncos host is all in.

Would gladly send 3 1sts and Jerry Jeudy for Rodgers.

Also gave a counter offer to Peter's offer,
2022: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2023: 1st, 2nd 3rd, 2024: 1st for Rodgers and Davante

Seems just nutty to me, irresponsible not to take it almost.

Eagles LockOn host would be okay giving 3 first round picks in 2022, 15, 16 and 19.

Still just absolutely never believe it until we see it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 12:15
Still just absolutely never believe it until we see it.
A couple of things in our favor.

1.) Perception is know he could end up staying here and being happy. "We don't have to trade him."
2.) Multiple teams. A few known teams and one or two hiding in the shadows could cause the price to get up there real quick.

If they do move forward with a deal, this is about as unprecedented as it gets it terms of what the other team gets. In only seems reasonable that it should be unprecedented in what we would get in return.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm still not sure on Davante.

If Aaron is back, you find a way to get Davante back.

If you trade Aaron, I am okay either way, signing Davante long term to pair with Love, of seeing what you can get in the market.

Say should Rodgers end up in Denver or Las Vegas, I do kind of like the bargaining angle with Denver, Las Vegas, and the Chargers, that if one of you don't up your ante, we're gunna be trading him to one of your division rivals. Like if you are Denver and you don't improve your team outside of adding Aaron Rodgers really, the Raiders are keeping pretty much everyone and have cap space, and they add Davante, then you still have Herbert and Mahomes in the division to deal with.

Or if you are the Raiders, you extend Derek Carr, and then what, have to play 6 games a year against Mahomes, Rodgers with Davante, and Herbert.

Or then the same for the Chargers.

Kind of basically, you get Davante to top your division opponents from getting him, because you'll know you are just entering about a 3 year window where you are gunna have the strongest schedule draws in a generation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah there is just so much benefit to trading Davante because it gives us so much power. We can either use it to sign him an extension or we can use it to up the trade of #12 and #17. Because as others have said, we can be respectful of keeping 12 and 17 together but make the buying team just pay a higher price to do it.

No tag of Adams and the team can get him for nothing all we net is a 2023 NFL 3rd rounder.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 23:00
People on twitter are asking if he retired and I have read it twice and still can't see what they are talking about.

Either I am illiterate or everyone on twitter is illiterate.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Looks like Rodgers is back in the spirit world with his peyote already this offseason.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Take the Twits at face value. He's giving some love to the people that he mentioned. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unless there is more...

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
22 Feb 2022 00:35
Looks like Rodgers is back in the spirit world with his peyote already this offseason.
LOL
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This most definitely reads like a man saying goodbye. Not sure how texas doesn't get that from it. But with Rodgers anything is a possibility. He's been all about gratitude all year. Until it is official, I'm not going to speculate further.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Report: Rodgers will make a decision about his future.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

very well could just be a planned move to juice up ratings for Mcafee today.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I gotta say, with this beautiful mystery, the preferred outcomes are definitely the extremes. Either trade him for a haul and watch him play in another uniform or run it back, mortgage the future, and compete for another championship over the next few seasons. The in between scenario, retirement, would be the most absolute bummer after all of this, even if it should have been a more likely outcome all along.

Read More. Post Less.