2022 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have heard a lot of good things about Skyy Moore.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2022 10:21
I have heard a lot of good things about Skyy Moore.

PFF wants molla to watch or read about other prospects, most of my old drafts sites are the same way, so it limits how much draft info I can find, a couple mocks I've seen has us taking a WR, one was the 6'5 210 lb London, the other was 6' 200 Mechie??? Moore would seem like a good slot option, I'am debating of paying for some draft prospectus, but am torn on which site to subscribe to, any advice would be appreciated.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2022 10:53
, but am torn on which site to subscribe to, any advice would be appreciated.
I have been a long time follower of Matt Miller. His content has gotten bigger and evolved over the years, but yet remains the same.

He is posting on his own site now you can join for free. https://www.thedraftscout.com/

I like his independence, often times doesn't share the same media narratives, rankings, etc, right or wrong.

Not sure how good he is, but he puts in the work, he does pretty deep weekly blogs starting like September after every week of college football and does a podcast now too. So he is informed, much more so than me, even if he isn't knowledgeable, if that makes sense.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
23 Feb 2022 08:32
Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2022 10:53
, but am torn on which site to subscribe to, any advice would be appreciated.
I have been a long time follower of Matt Miller. His content has gotten bigger and evolved over the years, but yet remains the same.

He is posting on his own site now you can join for free. https://www.thedraftscout.com/

I like his independence, often times doesn't share the same media narratives, rankings, etc, right or wrong.

Not sure how good he is, but he puts in the work, he does pretty deep weekly blogs starting like September after every week of college football and does a podcast now too. So he is informed, much more so than me, even if he isn't knowledgeable, if that makes sense.
thanks I'll check him out, wasn't he also with the old group from draft scout that has now become the CBS draft site? I can't keep track. :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2022 07:09
I was wondering if these CB's are this good or that just the need is high, probably a bit of both, I just hope that we can resign Rasul, and would he accept some sort of prove it deal with performance escallaters, after all last season with us was his best year.

this WR Londan has some great reviews, tall, long arms, great catch radius, fluid athlete for being so tall, great after the catch ability, have to pay attention to him at the combine, one Mock had him falling to us, not according to any of these draft guys though, same with Burks, seems like a hybrid RB/WR, I'd think a perfect fit for Lafluers schemes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Gutey said O-line, offensive skill positions, and Edge rushers are strongpoints in this year's draft. People should be focusing on those as targets. Gutey typically follows through when he makes comments like that.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:51
Gutey said O-line, offensive skill positions, and Edge rushers are strongpoints in this year's draft. People should be focusing on those as targets. Gutey typically follows through when he makes comments like that.
one article pointed to improving the Guard position, which to me translates to moving Jenkins to RT, imo the goal is to improve run blocking which was a weakness last year, our RB's where among the league leaders for yards after first contact.

we also need to replace Keke, so DT could be a priority.

I expect we'll take a couple receivers, when is anyones guess.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:22
paco wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:51
one article pointed to improving the Guard position, which to me translates to moving Jenkins to RT, imo the goal is to improve run blocking which was a weakness last year, our RB's where among the league leaders for yards after first contact.

we also need to replace Keke, so DT could be a priority.

I expect we'll take a couple receivers, when is anyones guess.
I've been saying guard is just fine. I'm a big fan of Runyan, and Newman showed some flashes. I expect to see improvement in both. But I do wonder whether we'll see more of a shift to better run blockers for a post Rodgers world. While I like both of those guys, they were day 3 guys and are no guarantee and can be easily replaceable. So it'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm in the minority that I think Elgton should just stay at LG. He is great there. Unless he flashes huge at RT, then fine. But it's time to settle him in someplace and be done with it.

DT should definitely be a priority with Lancaster gone as well as maybe Lowry. I like Slaton, but we need more bodies there.

Receivers, yep, anyone's guess. But they will certainly draft 1, probably more.
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I really think the edge players is really down this year. Outside the top 50 the drop off looks huge. I don't see any elite guys either. Some nice players but nobody like the bosa Garrett's of the world.

Same with DL. There are some nice players that can move around early (Walker Wyatt hall) but after the top 50 again pretty slim Pickens

I do think the OL and skill positions are deep.
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 24 Feb 2022 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Feb 2022 12:53
I really think the edge players isn't down this year. Outside the top 50 the drop off looks huge. I don't see any elite guys either. Some nice players but nobody like the bosa Garrett's of the world.

Same with DL. There are some nice players that can move around early (Walker Wyatt hall) but after the top 50 again pretty slim Pickens

I do think the OL and skill positions are deep.
We should probably take one at 9, 28 for 41, I wouldn't want one after that anyways.

I have nothing to back this, but I feel relative to other positions, very good edge players are more likely to come from the top of the draft . i.e., not at many late round gems as some other positions. I could be wrong on that, just my perception.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:05
I have nothing to back this, but I feel relative to other positions, very good edge players are more likely to come from the top of the draft . i.e., not at many late round gems as some other positions. I could be wrong on that, just my perception.
There was a recent tweet from someone that need this pretty clear cut. It's not just your perception, it is absolute fact.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:22
BF004 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:05
There was a recent tweet from someone that need this pretty clear cut. It's not just your perception, it is absolute fact.

If and these are ifs GB wants to get a steal. And IF all legal mess clears out I would love.to take a day two swing on Adam Anderson. Dude is/was in the top 10ish before his off field issues. Was compared to von Miller in size and traits. (That's a little steep imo) but he could be a 3rd down terror out the gate and going forward gaining a bigger role. Again alot of it's but I agree 100 if you want a pass rushers that tips the scale it's a handful of top guys
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 24 Feb 2022 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Found the tweet.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://stathead.com/tiny/b9Bbc

Career Approximate value descending of edge rushers the last 30 years. Round 1 dominates the top 100, but 26 are round 4 or after, with an additional 9 coming in the 3rd round. From rank 101 to 200, 47 are round 3 and after.

Note, this is all OLB and DE, so there are 2nd level LBs in there.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 15:06
https://stathead.com/tiny/b9Bbc

Career Approximate value descending of edge rushers the last 30 years. Round 1 dominates the top 100, but 26 are round 4 or after, with an additional 9 coming in the 3rd round. From rank 101 to 200, 47 are round 3 and after.

Note, this is all OLB and DE, so there are 2nd level LBs in there.
Good info. You look at that though and over the last 10ish years it gets pretty grim after the top 50 or so picks of course a few later hits

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2022 14:51
Found the tweet.

I'd be tempted to include Z in that list (4th round) to make it not look so lopsided, lol.

But thanks for sharing that.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wish I had the time to watch.
image.png
image.png (709.97 KiB) Viewed 468 times
RIP JustJeff