Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Feb 2022 11:36
It's all about the he said, she said, bull &%$@.

yep, nothing but innuendo and made up crap, but instead of realizing that people jump to insulting the GM.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Feb 2022 11:51
NCF wrote:

yep, nothing but innuendo and made up crap, but instead of realizing that people jump to insulting the GM.
Who has been insulting the GM besides Ringo on this thread?

I have only seen "if Gute does this I will be mad"

Which is a very reasonable response to a rumor.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Feb 2022 13:49
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

i think hes referring to me saying Gutey is scared of life without Rodgers if he turns down massive trade loot plus pays him 50m to keep him. That may have been this thread, or might have been on another. I own those comments. They are my opinion.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Feb 2022 13:55
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

i think hes referring to me saying Gutey is scared of life without Rodgers if he turns down massive trade loot plus pays him 50m to keep him. That may have been this thread, or might have been on another. I own those comments. They are my opinion.
But even that, you are qualifying "if Gute does X" you aren't jumping to any conclusions based on rumor which is what he is implying
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
I don't think that scenario means that is the only explanation, but I certainly cannot rule it out, either. I also don't think Gutey is scared to implement his plan (if it does not involve Rodgers), but has to be well aware of the &%$@ storm that is coming if it doesn't go well right away.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

why don't you read what DR J said, in what universe does chicken or coward translate to MAD? your just sugar coating what he's been spouting for 2 weeks, Gute is afraid of going forward without Rodgers, which is stupid, Gute wants to retain Rodgers because the goal is to win NOW, not in 3 years with a new QB, as though that is even guaranteed, Gute knows ( just as anyone with a lick of football common sense) that Rodgers even with a lesser defense gives us the best chance to win now and for the next few years.

I'am as fed up with Rodgers as anyone here, but I aint no fool, we could get 5 freaking 1st round picks for Rodgers and a half doz 2nds and the odds are that wouldn't help as much as simply keeping Rodgers, the problem with some of you is that you've never been around when we had guys like Randal Wright, or the other dozen QB's that busted out trying to replace Bart Starr, now I was willing to go that route, still am, but I didn't fall off some turnip truck last night, you may never see another QB of Rodgers ability the rest of your life, just let that sink in a bit before you so quickly want to dump him, and thats why Gute hopes to retain him even if it cost more then we where hoping to spend.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

think about your choice of words? you've painted Gute as a weakling for attempting to keep Rodgers, and you've done it for several weeks it seems, thing is J, right now there are as few as about 3 and possibly a half doz GM's willing to make Rodgers richer then Mahomes and they'll part with some hefty compensation to do it, so calling out Gute for doing so just doesn't even make sense to me, most GM's in Gutes shoes would do the same thing.

I wasn't even that sold on Gute when he became our GM, and he does come off as arrogant at times, but in his short tenure he built a very good team, did what we always hoped Ted would do concerning UFA, so to insinuate that he's afraid of the unknown future ability of the most important player on the team should that player depart, well, what GM wouldn't be? guess I just didn't care for your choice of wording, or maybe the way I interpreted them :beer2:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

A half a dozen GMs are lining up to make Rodgers the highest paid player in the league? Why would they want a QB who so many here have declared he is post season choke artist? :mrgreen:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
25 Feb 2022 16:38
A half a dozen GMs are lining up to make Rodgers the highest paid player in the league? Why would they want a QB who so many here have declared he is post season choke artist? :mrgreen:
Prospective team thoughts:
1) Just look at Matt Stafford
2) But we can change him!
3) Think of the ticket & merch sales!

Take your pick, Pugger ;)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
25 Feb 2022 16:59
Pugger wrote:

We can change the best player in the league... do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Who would you take of given the choice - Stafford or Rodgers?

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Pugger wrote:
25 Feb 2022 18:50
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Neither

Give me a bunch of draft picks and some cap savings instead.
Love is the answer…

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Foosball wrote:
25 Feb 2022 19:20
Pugger wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Neither

Give me a bunch of draft picks and some cap savings instead.
To each his own. IMO the draft is a crap shoot. I suppose I'd feel differently if I were a younger fan...

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

bud fox wrote:
25 Feb 2022 18:16
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pugger wrote:

We can change the best player in the league... do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?
In recent years, Rodgers has been anything but the best player in the league in the playoffs. I assume that is what the "we can change him" comment is about.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Rodgers. No question.
Yoop wrote:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

bud fox wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Why is wanted to change a "post season choke artist" ridiculous? You certainly may not agree with that designation, but it's the basis of this part of the thread.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Half Empty wrote:
26 Feb 2022 08:55
bud fox wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Why is wanted to change a "post season choke artist" ridiculous? You certainly may not agree with that designation, but it's the basis of this part of the thread.
I guess for me I'd rather keep a HOF caliber QB who gives us the best chance to even get INTO the postseason for as long as we can. Guys like this don't grow on trees and you can't win a Lombardi if you don't get in. I was pointing out that there are other teams eager to take this choke artist off of our hands that so many want traded away.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Half Empty wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

It is ridiculous because I suspect those actually involved in the league do not view it this way. The playoffs are a fickle bitch. Teams understand this. There is nothing wrong with Rodgers in the playoffs other than the results. As with most players, when you get that next opportunity, it rarely, if ever, will have anything to do with previous opportunities.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
26 Feb 2022 09:15
Half Empty wrote:
bud fox wrote:

It is ridiculous because I suspect those actually involved in the league do not view it this way. The playoffs are a fickle bitch. Teams understand this. There is nothing wrong with Rodgers in the playoffs other than the results. As with most players, when you get that next opportunity, it rarely, if ever, will have anything to do with previous opportunities.
Thank you expressing my thoughts on this subject so much better and clearer than I did. :)