Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We must go higher than Murphy. The Board allowed the Murphy incompetence. And the Shareholders allowed the Board incompetence.

It starts with the shareholders!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You know you screwed up when your Greg Jennings when you are getting ratio'd Kurt Benkert and Mike Florio crawls out of his burrow to defend Aaron Rodgers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Feb 2022 07:32
We must go higher than Murphy. The Board allowed the Murphy incompetence. And the Shareholders allowed the Board incompetence.

OK then, should we'all drag our sorry asses out behind the wood shed and beat ourselves mercilessly ? :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Feb 2022 12:35
go pak go wrote:

OK then, should we'all drag our sorry asses out behind the wood shed and beat ourselves mercilessly ? :rotf:
Could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theories, some in here are trying to have an adult conversation.
:rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Feb 2022 12:45
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theories, some in here are trying to have an adult conversation.
Are you asking us to delete your messages [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] ? ;)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Feb 2022 13:11
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Feb 2022 12:45
Yoop wrote:

Are you asking us to delete your messages @RingoCStarrQB ? ;)
Only if the Shareholders say so I guess .... :nono:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Food for thought.

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

NCF wrote:
28 Feb 2022 07:55
Food for thought.

Just taking this at face value, if going all in with Favre had resulted in a Lombardi, that's a wash and fine by me.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Half Empty wrote:
28 Feb 2022 08:39
NCF wrote:
Food for thought.

Just taking this at face value, if going all in with Favre had resulted in a Lombardi, that's a wash and fine by me.
And if they kick the can down the road to keep Rodgers and Adams and it results in a Lombardi then that is fine by me.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
28 Feb 2022 11:45
Half Empty wrote:
28 Feb 2022 08:39
NCF wrote:
Food for thought.

And if they kick the can down the road to keep Rodgers and Adams and it results in a Lombardi then that is fine by me.
and if they kick the can down the road to keep Adams and Rodgers and win the division yet still don't make it to or win the SB that will also be fine with me, at least they gave it there best shot, and we still got to see one of the best QB/receiver tandems in league history, I think some people have there priority's in the wrong order and complain simply to complain.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

More whispers of the packers and Rodgers working to redo contract for a two year commitment.

Either true or more posturing.

Still go back and forth.

If we go all on for Rodgers. I am situationally all in. Like it better not be $50 million a year. But something fair-ish, with ability to keep some guys. If he wants to be here, works with the cap allowing us to manage a competitive team. Let’s go $%@# win back to back trophies.

If we trade Rodgers, I am situationally all in. If Aaron doesn’t want to be here, asking for 50 million and/or we are talking 3 first rounders plus. Then I’m all in.

I’ll just reserve right to judge the decisions till I see what actually happens.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:
Food for thought.

The flaw in this argument, logically, is we may have ended up fielding teams that won as many or more even if they came up empty with Brett; our trajectory would have been unimaginably different. We will never know.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NFLN reporting team and AR camp working on a contract so they are prepared if he decides he wants to stay.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

See, I hate this, if this is true. Rip the band aid off and take the loot.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
01 Mar 2022 14:11
See, I hate this, if this is true. Rip the band aid off and take the loot.

Yep, not a fan of leaving this Rodgers relationship with nothing. Unless its him retiring, then &%$@ happens. But if he walks away in free agency next year, I won't be happy. Even with a Super Bowl win. 2 in a row would have helped that some.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Look.

Anything. And I mean anything would make me happy if it results in a Lombardi.

But at this point, I'm an odds guy, like Rodgers is, and the odds are very high that him staying in GB and winning one is very small.

We went for it. I applaud everyone for doing it. But everyone at this point knows where I stand. I made this stance last April - July. Cooperation by both parties in the 2021 offseason would have extended this relationship easily to 2022. But the contract negotiation and other concessions last summer really made it make sense to end the relationship after this season.

Both sides just have to give up so much to continue the ride.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Was Rodgers on McAfee's show today?

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Quiz Question

Who said “It’s better to get rid of a player a year early than a year too late”???
Love is the answer…

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Pugger wrote:
01 Mar 2022 15:45
Was Rodgers on McAfee's show today?
No.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Foosball wrote:
01 Mar 2022 23:29
Quiz Question

Who said “It’s better to get rid of a player a year early than a year too late”???
I mean many of the best of the best said that.

Ron Wolf went by it. The New England Patriots went by it.

The Business Planning Program my business has adopted goes by it.
Yoop wrote: